Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Peanuts Movie Trailer (2015) - Why not a Lego License

wagnerml2wagnerml2 Belleville, IllinoisMember Posts: 1,376
I was thinking, If Lego can partner with Fox for the Simpsons, why not Peanuts. Charlie Brown and the Gang are much more kids-appropriate than Homer and Bart. I think it could work. Even could be folded into Holiday sets as well. Thoughts?

http://www.wired.com/underwire/2014/03/peanuts-3d-trailer/

Comments

• BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,111
    Could be an interesting theme. The real question is how many cars, planes, and helicopters will be in the film to make into sets? Seems unlikely there will be much to base sets around the way Lego tends to do other than perhaps a minifigure line.
  • RennyRenny USAMember Posts: 1,145
    I would be all over this.
    FollowsCloselyLegoboyy2joshsamiam391
  • vwong19vwong19 San DiegoMember Posts: 1,179
    Count me in as well.
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,261
    It annoys me a little that the focus of so many themes is about vehicles, I get why TLG do it but those vehicles need scenery to go with them, would love more building/scenery oriented themes.
  • wagnerml2wagnerml2 Belleville, IllinoisMember Posts: 1,376
    @bumblepants - I agree with you partially, but the Simpsons line will be mostly structure based. Without knowing the storyline of the Peanuts movie I could foresee a psychiatric stand with Lucy and Charlie Brown, A baseball field, Snoopy's doghouse and a tree with Woodstock, A school....Maybe even build Snoopy a Sopwith Camel to fight the Red Barron. I'd be all over that a lot more than the Simpsons, that's for sure!
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    Anything that might generate the reality of a Red Baron to match up with #10226 is a plus in my books.

Plus Peanuts rule.
  • brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
    I feel as though The Simpsons "has legs" - meaning that if the initial offering does well, there is an EXPANSIVE series of characters and playsets that LEGO can expand upon. But Peanuts has a much smaller cast of characters, and just a few key scenes. Even though scenes are often seen ONCE, and they aren't too detained. EG: the school stage. We saw it once or twice. Charlie Brown's family room. We saw a tiny part of it, and it was super basic. So I feel as though Peanuts fits more into the CUUSOO lineup - a nice one-off, not a full license.
    FollowsClosely
  • goshe7goshe7 Columbus, Ohio, USAMember Posts: 515
    ^agreed. Lucy's psychiatrist desk is the only regularly appearing "build" I can think of. Could be a decent cuusoo candidate, although it would be small.
  • y2joshy2josh Member Posts: 2,002
    I'd prefer to see something along the lines of the UCS Yoda or Artoo. A couple Snoopy 'sculptures' would be great. I did a small Snoopy laying on his doghouse back in the day, and I'd love to see what a real LEGO designer could do at a larger scale.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,227
    goshe7 said:

^agreed. Lucy's psychiatrist desk is the only regularly appearing "build" I can think of. Could be a decent cuusoo candidate, although it would be small.

Also Linus's piano and Snoopy's kennel.
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    I want a Lego Peanuts advent calendar.
  • wagnerml2wagnerml2 Belleville, IllinoisMember Posts: 1,376
    The difference here is that we are going off of the TV shorts that are 40 years old. There could be an entire expanse in the movie that Lego could use beyond the classics. Remember kids today have had very little exposure to the Peanuts beyond the Christmas and Halloween special. As I'm sure marketing and toys are ALWAYS in the Studio's mind these days, I'm sure the release will have plenty of playset opportunities.