Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEGO The Hobbit Video Game Side Quest Character Pack DLC

rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
edited March 2014 in Everything else LEGO
Via TheBrickFan:

"Automation Creations on Eurobricks has found an image of a DLC pack for the LEGO The Hobbit Video Game called the “Side Quest Character Pack.” This DLC has four characters including a Dwarf Merchant Lady, Vacation Saruman, Thranduil’s Elk, Girion, a Dwarf Soldier, and a River Troll. After doing some research on this Character Pack, it looks like it’s being offered online at some European online retailers when you pre-order the game. Over here, we have the Good Morning Bilbo Baggins minifigure as the Gamestop pre-order bonus. So far no other retailers have any other bonuses for the game. Thanks to Kevin for the heads up."

Comments

• plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,939
    Ugh. DLC. Even though they all seem to be inconsequential/silly characters, this really annoys me. The old Lego games were great because they had silly characters for you to unlock from day one. But then again, chances are it won't be available for PC anyway.
    Andor
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,261
    to be fair there's likely to be far better silly characters already in the game from the off. I haven't seen this DLC pack offered anywhere but I preordered mine once i found out who had the mini figure deal and haven't looked since.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 18,217
    Vacation Saruman - does he wear a pair of trunks and flip-flops?
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,873
    CCC said:

Vacation Saruman - does he wear a pair of trunks and flip-flops?

Hawaiian shirt?

More found via Hoth Bricks...

• LosimagicLosimagic UKMember Posts: 397
    oh wow, I hope they make a real Baby Smaug minifigure!!
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,261
    there were a few mini figures from the LOTR game I was hoping for (but didn't ever really expect to see) that haven't been made. To be fair I wasn't really expecting the Mouth of Sauron to get made, but he did at least feature in the extended version.
    Andor
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    edited March 2014
    @plamodium yeah it annoys me too, especially when there are several different dlc packs for different retailer exclusives and therefore no means of obtaining all of them.

Getting different content stinks, particularly so when that content was likely developed just to be removed to serve a bunch of retail outlets wanting their own 'exclusive'. We all pay for the development in the price of our games, yet don't benefit from it if our edition doesn't come with the 'redistributed' content.

The LotR videogame had a whole bunch of extra character & item DLC codes (first time they've done them i think) randomly packaged with the disc, (one of which was a cool minifig-scaled Balrog). I got an armoured Faramir instead. :o/
    It's a move I don't like. I prefer complete games, or access to everything at least. I wouldn't mind if i could've unlocked the extras through playing the game, but no. So there's a whole bunch of time wasted by the development team on a handful of extras that hardly anyone gets to use. Whilst the main game itself suffered a distinct lack of steeds in free roam areas (horses/wargs/trolls/treemen/ufos etc) to ride about on, and seemed generally a bit rushed toward the end. I'd prefer a polished game versus time wasted developing dlc packs that half the game-playing public won't see.
    Andor