Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Any advice how to obtain a mix of flesh heads?

DiggydoesDiggydoes Cologne/GermanyMember Posts: 1,079
Hi everybody my Rohan (Lotr) Army is steadily growing the problem is now i have a whole army of soldiers with all the same face and hair/beard colour! I would like to obtain a couple of flesh heads with different expressions/faces without spending a fortune does anybody have any advice on this task? [email protected] seems to only sell one kind of flesh head (or maybe i checked the wrong place for it)!

Comments

• DiggydoesDiggydoes Cologne/GermanyMember Posts: 1,079
    Or does anybody knows a BL-seller who carries a good selection of heads (for a good price)?
  • JessyDooDahJessyDooDah UK Member Posts: 228
    I have these double sided heads spare if they're any good to you?
    Do you have anything to trade? I'm in the UK. :)
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,399
    I don't know what your collection looks like, but if you have duplicates of other 'fleshies', such as Thor from the Avengers, Prince of Persia's Dastan etc., Pirates of the Caribbean, or perhaps Starwars minifigs (if you have some sets from that theme) such as clone troopers, whose faces are fully covered by helmets anyway, just swap them out. That is what I did to make my little Rohan faction look more like a group of individuals with different characteristic expressions and facial features (hair colour, beards, stubbles etc.). If you have duplicates of the dwarves whose faces are hidden behind big beards you can use those too.

I don't think TLG will ever release a €10 set with 40 or 50 different flesh coloured heads ever, unfortunately. Or yellow heads for that matter.
    Thanks for your input! I already bought a couple Lone Ranger Cavalry sets for that purpose,yeah and for the white horse of course;) i might try some dwarf heads that i have spare figures of,not a bad idea! There are also some endor rebels that i can use but i would prefer not to "rip"existing figures apart but to purchase some extra heads! @JessyDooDah‌ def.interested in these,will pm you!
  • TheBigLegoskiTheBigLegoski Amsterdam, NederlandMember Posts: 1,399
    lol!
    I bought two of those cavalry sets too, for pretty much the same reasons.
    I needed one white horse for King Theoden who rode around on a white horse, throughout the two films he was in, except in the scene at the end of The Two Towers when he came charging out of the keep on a brown horse. And another white horse (Shadowfax) for Gandalf.
    The cannons are useful for pirate ships, somehow TLG always only includes half as many cannons as placements for them.
    The soldiers all have different faces, very useful. The lone ranger's face unfortunately is not as useful as the other ones, except maybe as a bandit, or masked hooded ranger, or some self invented superhero.
    And the soldiers legs/pants are the same colour as Arwen's dress and torso, in case you want to put that minifig on a horse, or pose her in a MOC/diorama walking or sitting etc.
    Great idea on the soldiers legs for Arwen!!!!! Didn´t thought about it yet :) I´ve bought the Cavalry set like x5 so maybe i´m just gonna sell of the canons (not into pirates) and use the heads and horses!
  • CHERUBboyCHERUBboy Member Posts: 98
    Go to bricklink, set up a new wanted list, add a bunch of heads you like the look of from the catalogue to the list. Then go to wanted>by shop and you'll get a list of shops which sell these items, with the ones who had most in stock at the top.
  • Renegade007cjhRenegade007cjh Essex, UKMember Posts: 687
    @Diggydoes - I might be able to help... PM coming your way.
  • TheBigGuyTheBigGuy New ZealandMember Posts: 69
    @TheBigLegoski‌

I did the same thing with the Lone Ranger Cavalry set as well, and for the same reason. In fact, I may even have got the idea from you on these forums.
    TheBigLegoski