Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Does anybody know what the next modular from TLG is going to be?

LegoCity3578LegoCity3578 Banned Posts: 1
edited September 2011 in Everything else LEGO
Hello,

I heard a rumor that the next modular was suppose to be some sort of a Town Hall. Is is true?

Comments

• kylejohnson11kylejohnson11 Member Posts: 508
    That would be very cool. Where did you catch wind of the set from?
  • llanowarsoldierllanowarsoldier Ohio USAMember Posts: 357
    Well seeing as how the next modular won't be out until about mid-year next year I would take any rumors with a grain of salt.
  • HuskerDontHuskerDont Member Posts: 32
    I was thinking about what I would like the next modular release to be the other day and I really liked the idea of a city hall. A lobby and service desks on the first floor, offices on the second, and the mayor's office and conference room on the third. Maybe tinker with the idea of designing an elevator.
  • prof1515prof1515 EarthMember Posts: 1,561
    edited August 2011
    I was thinking about what I would like the next modular release to be the other day and I really liked the idea of a city hall. A lobby and service desks on the first floor, offices on the second, and the mayor's office and conference room on the third. Maybe tinker with the idea of designing an elevator.
    I doubt that would fit into the scale of the modulars. You'd be more likely to get a reception area on the first floor and an office on the second. Let's face it, conference rooms are just a table surrounded by chairs. Not much by way of interest and the scale's too small to create a legislative chamber.
  • brickmaticbrickmatic Member Posts: 1,071
    ^ In that case they might as well just make an office building.
  • dimefielddimefield Edmonton Alberta CanadaMember Posts: 314
    Im sure a police station is going to show up at some point as well, town hall sounds good though!
  • prof1515prof1515 EarthMember Posts: 1,561
    edited August 2011
    ^ In that case they might as well just make an office building.
    A city hall is just an office building. ;-)
  • Silber334Silber334 Member Posts: 147
    edited August 2011
    I doubt that would fit into the scale of the modulars. You'd be more likely to get a reception area on the first floor and an office on the second. Let's face it, conference rooms are just a table surrounded by chairs. Not much by way of interest and the scale's too small to create a legislative chamber.
    I think the conference room is going to be simplified to accomodate perhaps only 4 to 6 Lego politicians, just like they did in all modular sets. They always make the best out of everything by only recreating the fundamental parts in the smallest area. I'd like to see the mayor's room with all the money around his desk to show how dirty they are in reality.
    And since the age range is 16+, younger Lego fans won't know about this dirty reality :)