Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Hagrid Question

JezzatheshedJezzatheshed Member Posts: 160
edited August 2011 in Collecting
My holidays are over so I can spend on lego again and today I finally purchased 4865 the forbidden forest to add to my HP collection.
Since the set was released Ive seen a lot of Hagrids for sale on ebay with the tree and mushroom and I assumed that it was the same figure that comes with 4738 and 10217 so people were dumping there doubles.
The trouble is that now I compare the two figures Ive found slight differences.
1. The coat is a shade lighter.
2. The head is pinker and has no "air holes"
3. On my Hagrid from 4738 the lapels of the coat dont go all the way to the shoulders where as on 4865 they do.
4. the shirt on 4865 is lighter red than 4738.

So is this a different figure or is my 4738 a miss print. I would be grateful if anyone who has both these figures could also do a comparison. I believe 4865 contains a new Hagrid!

Comments

• JezzatheshedJezzatheshed Member Posts: 160
    Picture taken in daylight..
  • davee123davee123 USAMember Posts: 832
    The "air holes" in the head is something that's slowly being done on newer production runs of minifig heads-- so it won't be surprising to see those slowly become the norm. In fact, you might see later runs of 4738 including the newer non-hole head.

Otherwise, I think you're seeing quality control issues for LEGO. I don't think the intention is to print these elements differently, or to change the colors-- but I expect that the production chain has been modified, and you're seeing slight differences depending on which facility did the printing and molding.

DaveE