[AUS] Target 20% off stacks with clearance prices

BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259
Currently Target has 20% off all toys. This stacks with clearance items, a few sets that I was able to get were

44% off - #76001 The Bat Vs. Bane Tumbler Chase
44% off - #76605 Spider-Man Daily Bugle Showdown
50% off - #76006 Iron Man Extremis Sea Port Battle

Galaxy squad sets are 40% to 50% off and if you can find them LOTR sets as well.

Comments

• edgarallanpoe1422edgarallanpoe1422 AustraliaMember Posts: 131
    If only the Target I go to in Broadway ever actually had anything of note... Very slim pickings there and, for that matter, most inner-city stores. I was in Mt Druitt for some unknown reason a while back and couldn't help but notice that the Target and Kmart there had much more generous selections.

Anyway, thanks for the tip.
  • Bluefairy_56Bluefairy_56 Member Posts: 320
    We have what they call Country Target...not much of anything, and more expensive than other stores. Our Target had a whole 3 different sets of Lego...yep 3 only. None of it was on clearance or on special. I don't even know why we have a Country. Target...it's crap as all it mainly has is clothes. Everything else has been phased out.
  • BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259
    edited March 2014

If only the Target I go to in Broadway ever actually had anything of note... Very slim pickings there and, for that matter, most inner-city stores. I was in Mt Druitt for some unknown reason a while back and couldn't help but notice that the Target and Kmart there had much more generous selections.

Anyway, thanks for the tip.

I'm pretty sure Housos aren't big on Lego, which begs the question as to why stores in those areas still have such large Lego isles, much cheaper clone brands probably sell better.

Most of my honey holes are in country towns\citys (Ones that have full size stores). @Bluefairy_56 I agree Target Country are not great for Lego.

Anyway a few more discounted sets I found at one of my out of the way Targets yesterday.

Star Wars Umbaran MHC (Mobile Heavy Cannon) #75013 - $55.20 (RRP $89.99)
    Mandalorian Speeder #75002 - $24 (RRP $39.99)
    Creator small cotage #31009 - $21.60 (RRP $39.99)
    Dragon Mountain #70403 - $39.20 (RRP $69.99)
    Gatehouse Raid #70402 - $24.00 (RRP $39.99)
    Fire Plane #4209 - $47.20 (RRP $79.99?)

Star Wars Planets are scanning at $4.80 (RRP: $15.99), the ones at the Target I was at had them tagged at $3 so I got them for $3. (Except Sebulba's pod racer, it scanned at $2.40).
    Unfortunately, though not unexpectedly, there weren't any juicy clearance items at target Broadway. Though they had just about every Lego Movie set except the one I would have actually bought at 20% off, (Metalbeard's Sea Cow). Have you seen the Sea Cow anywhere at the retail level yet in Aus Basta?
    edited March 2014
    No Sea Cow yet, unfortunately with most large Exclusives there is a 3 to 9 month wait for them to show up in Australia.

Being that this is linked to the movie (which is not releases until 3rd April) You would hope it will show up in stores by the end of April, but who knows.

Some sets may not even make it to stores, #10237 Tower of Orthanc was released in July 2013 and I have heard its not going to be released here, not 100% sure on that though but it has been nearly 9 months.

Lastly Simpsons House is suppose to he here next month.
    What on earth is the corporate logic behind that? Tower of Orthanc is literally the sole LoTR or Hobbit set that I've ever wanted to buy. I saw about 15 #10197 Fire Brigades in a single David Jones when the clearances were on a couple of months ago but they can't drag one measly Tower of Orthanc out here? There must be some in the country to supply to Lego [email protected] Aus customers (unless they're shipping them from overseas?) but the stores just don't think they'll sell?

And btw do you have any tips on the status of the Ewok Village? Any info on whether it's ever going to make it to shelves here?
    [email protected] orders all ship from Europe, they do come in bulk once or twice a week and then shipped with Australia Post from Lego Australia in Sydney.

Not sure about Ewok Village but assuming Simpsons House and Seacow come out April/May, hopefully we may see some other big sets June/July when the big mid year toy sales are on.
  • LuccideLuccide Member Posts: 42
    managed to pick up a couple of those sets for my personal collections thanks to this thread :D