Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Brickpicker.com collection value question

jdylakjdylak Member Posts: 281
I have a question about the total values of a collection. I always thought as you add a set, it changed the total value of a collection. Reason I ask is I was adding the last clump of my sets before I had an appointment with my insurance agent about doing an add on for my collection. I wanted to the final value before I went but when I added about $2000 in stuff, my Brickpholio value did not change. The set count and piece count did, just not total value. Like I said, when I started adding, I always thought all counts changed. I messaged the guy from the site here on the board but haven't heard back yet. Maybe something changed? Or I just am thinking wrong?

Comments

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 20,310
    Have you tried asking on the brickpicker forums, rather than just messaging a single person? People that use brickpicker will probably know about brickpicker.
  • jdylakjdylak Member Posts: 281
    I message the guy on here I thought ran it. I guess I never noticed forums there before but I will try that. Thanks!
  • 12651265 The Great State of TexasMember Posts: 1,092
    Collection value does change in real time. I just verified this by adding and deleting several items, and in each time the value was changed along with tracking information of what was last changed.
    @jdylak I'm curious as to what amount are you trying to add as a rider to your policy and the cost. I've been meaning to do so, but haven't. I've looked at Collectibles Insurance Services, as they seem reasonable for the amount covered.
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,625
    Brickpicker is not a perfect site. Since all of their value data comes from sold sets such as Ebay. If there is a set that has quite a bit of value but is rarely sold, they won't be able to get a value for it. I have a few rare sets that don't get valued so therefore are worthless as far as BP is concerned. CMF Series 1 for example.
    ^^
    This is true. There are many I have listed with no value at all. While not perfect, it's probably the best true value site out there.

• TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    oldtodd33 said:

Brickpicker is not a perfect site. Since all of their value data comes from sold sets such as Ebay. If there is a set that has quite a bit of value but is rarely sold, they won't be able to get a value for it. I have a few rare sets that don't get valued so therefore are worthless as far as BP is concerned. CMF Series 1 for example.

@oldtodd33, I'll be happy to pay you nothing for your rare sets. Send em over!
    Yellowcastle
  • jdylakjdylak Member Posts: 281
    My sets I added were the UCS B Wing, Technic Exclusive Crawler and such. My total never changed even though it showed it added such and such value. It's froze at the price it was when the last month of values were updated.

My total price is $15000. I have to figure into the insurance the value somehow of 1000 different minifigs as well, as those are separate from my sets.

Maybe I will try removing then adding a set and see.
    edited March 2014
    @jdylak Were you able to get your collection value to change? Like I mentioned before, I have no problem updating my inventory with values changing in real time.

Also, I'm still curious to what your insurance company's charge for rider insurance. I submitted a quote request to Collectibles Insurance Services, and the quote was $809 annual for $150K which includes full replacement cost.