Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Help me decide for my first modular

YocalyptusYocalyptus Member Posts: 19
edited March 2014 in Everything else LEGO
Hi guys, im deciding which one should I buy. Im wanting the fire brigade but I couldnt find a deal around 200$ :( Im too late. So im deciding between grand emporium and the pet shop. Can you guys help me out? Thanks!

Comments

• FollowsCloselyFollowsClosely Member Posts: 949
    The #10211 Grand Emporium is the next to go, so I would grab that first if you have the funds to get them all eventually. If you are looking to add a modular to you city collection, I think the #10218 Pet Shop is a great fit in a city layout. Have you looked at a used FB?
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,726
    Well, you've missed the Fire Brigade at rrp and sound like you might go on to collect the rest. Grand Emporium is likely to be the next to be discontinued so you ought to go for that one first.

If you're just after any modular as a one-off, go after whatever one you like the look of. Palace Cinema or Parisian Restaurant perhaps?
  • bricktuarybricktuary EuropeMember Posts: 470
    Get GE. It's fun to mod too.
  • YocalyptusYocalyptus Member Posts: 19
    Thank you so much for the quick responses. Im after them all, probably from GE to present and upcoming sets. I couldnt find any used FB at 200$ :( Anyone who can source one out? :) Im leaning towards the GE but couldnt make my mind yet. :)

Im planning to buy them in order of retiring.. so probably on July (my birthday) ill buy the pet shop perhaps? :) Thanks so much again FollowsClosely, Legoboy and bricktuary! :)
  • kekekekekeke united kingdomMember Posts: 33
    I like both the GE and pet shop. You will get both anyway, so it doesn't matter which one first. Pet shop is fun to build
  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 934
    They're all fun to build, so I would get the Grand Emporium, because this is the next modular to retire. You don't want to miss another Modular and have to pay over RRP.
    @Yocalyptus I was just about to point you in the direction of the Marketplace where someone has a FB for sale @ $220, but I think you've already got in there....!
    Legoboy
    ^ Lol. :-)
    I was asking him to sell it to me for 200$ but received no reply yet :( But I guess he wont give in. Hehe
    I'm sure he will. He's a softy. :o)
  • bricktuarybricktuary EuropeMember Posts: 470
    I think GE looks better on it's own too. Pet shop just cries out to be part of a street.

Which is of course only a bad thing when your wallet strongly objects.
    He's probably getting some photos together. Its a good price shipped.
    Hehe if he would not agree, ill probably get the GE then rush the next one to april. Too bad Im just a little too late on the fire brigade. :D

He said he is comfortable with his price and someone else will get it sooner :(
    In my opinion, for the sake of $20 dollars, I would buy it. Otherwise you'll regret it afterwards, especially when the price will be completely out of your reach. Its unlikely you'll ever regret buying it only that you didn't buy it. If you did ever regret paying $220 then you can always sell it on at a later date and probably not be out of pocket.

Its one of the biggest modulars and they will likely get more expensive for less pieces...
    FollowsClosely
    Im really thinking about it but im really short of a few bucks. Im just a student so it really matters to me :( I left few $ for my allowance at school
    Does anyone also know if Target accepts non-US paypal verified at their ebay store? @msanders
  • FollowsCloselyFollowsClosely Member Posts: 949
    ^ I have some sealed ones that you can have for say $300ish this Christmas! If you have the funds now $220 is not a bad price.
    To tell you guys the truth, I do not have :( I only have nearly 200$. :(
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    Buy the one you like.
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    This is really a question as to your personal preference as well as your financial situation. As such, we generally discourage these types of threads here. Good luck with your first modular. No matter which way you go, you'll be quite pleased, I'm sure.
This discussion has been closed.

Shopping at LEGO.com or Amazon?

Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon

Recent discussions Categories Privacy Policy

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Brickset.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, the Amazon.com.ca, Inc. Associates Program and the Amazon EU Associates Programme, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.