Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[Aus] Death star at big w

LuccideLuccide Member Posts: 42
edited March 2014 in Shopping Elsewhere
If you can find a local big w store that still have the lego death star i managed to pick up one today for $520 which is pretty good for us in Aus

note you have to ask staff if they have stock as they dont have them on shelves at least this is the case locally

Comments

• Bluefairy_56Bluefairy_56 Member Posts: 320
    My daughter would love one of these...unfortunately our nearest BigW doesn't have much. In rural area anyway...sucks.
  • BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259
    Some of my best finds have been rural Big W's they sure take time to move stock. One of the ones I go to every few months still had Pharos, Atlantis & Alien Conquest plus various other older sets last time I was there. Picked up a couple of city marina #4644 sets for $30 last time.
  • KangojackKangojack Member Posts: 38
    3 years ago I picked up a mint condition Death Star for $120 AUD in Target. I couldn't believe it was discounted this much.
  • hewmanhewman Member Posts: 90
    @kangojack really in Australia at Target, the store that never stocked the Death Star? Or are you talking the old version of it? Which I don't recall anyone stocking but I could be wrong there.
  • BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259
    Not sure about Target stocking it or not, but it has been out for ages so who knows. At that price it wouldn't suprises me if someone returned it with out a recipt for some store credit or something and the manager just picked a price to clear it out.

The UCS Deathstar 2 was sold by Myer, I saw it a number of times and once nearly bought it, but sadly I did not :(
  • Bluefairy_56Bluefairy_56 Member Posts: 320
    I went to see our Target yesterday...what a pathetic display of 4 different sets. I'd say our Target store was getting rid of all Lego...well that's what it looked like to me.