Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Global Giving charity LEGO set

ryan498ryan498 Member Posts: 37
Hi, not sure if this has been seen before or if the post is in the right section.

I have come across this set today, it seems to be for the US only. If you donate $50 or more the charity will send you this as a gift.

https://www.globalgiving.org/dy/v2/gifts-for-good/detail.html?projectGift.id=62

Comments

• BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,465
    They had similar options last year. That well, a classroom, and a large tree. I decided to try it and got the tree to support replanting rainforests. It was fairly decent but the directions were printed out cheaply and were almost impossible to follow given the brown/dark brown nature of the set and the low-quality printing. I think I would have preferred they had sent a .pdf instead, especially since saving trees was the goal. Also some of the bricks included were considerably less than new. It was disappointing to have dirty and scuffed bricks as part of the deal. Were not too many bad ones though. Despite those minor gripes it was a pretty cool arrangement. I have plans to put my tree in park once I get my modular street going.
    TheLoneTensor
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    All three options are here, but it would seem and from what you're saying they're not LEGO sets, just sets of LEGO.

https://www.globalgiving.org/projects/bricks-for-good-fund/
    Yeah, it came in a small cardboard shipping box and the bricks were in a ziplock if I recall correctly. I think the parts were probably sourced from Bricklink or other such means resulting in the variance of brick quality.
    Also, it was primarily the filler basic 1x1, 1x2, 2x2 bricks of bright colors that went inside the trunk of the tree that were dirty or scratched so the tree still looked good.