Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Santa Fe Super Chief 10020. limited edition vs. not limited edition

MorkManMorkMan Phoenix, Arizona, USAMember Posts: 852
Bricklink shows a price guide for two different editions of this set.
What is the difference? I have the ability to buy the set, but I don't know how to tell if it is a limited edition or not. What do I look for?
Regular -1
Special Edition -2

Comments

• Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,741
    Limited editions were numbered 1 to 10000. They had a separately packed 1x2 tile with the number on it.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,219
    edited February 2014
    The Limited Edition came with a certificate and a Limited Edition numbered sticker to put on the 1x2 plates on the front sides of the engine I believe. Limited to 10,000 units.
    You are right. It is a numbered plate.
    The box also has a yellow Limited Edition stripe on the lower right corner of the box.
  • MorkManMorkMan Phoenix, Arizona, USAMember Posts: 852
    No box included in the deal. If I ask about the numbered plate, I am sure the price will go up. Seems like it is a buy either way.
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,741
    If it is a good price I sure would. A guy in our club sold his entire Super Chief train because he needed the money. He has regretted it ever since.
    Pitfall69MattDawson
    I won't ever sell my Super Chief. I have it and all the cars. Unfortunately, I didn't get the Limited Edition.
  • 12651265 Member Posts: 940
    I have 6 #10020 (limited edition) and 20 #10025 all MISB. However, I don't have any #10022, which is disappointing.
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    Pitfall69 said:

Unfortunately, I didn't get the Limited Edition.

@Pitfall69 "Nooooooo!"
    @1265 are you willing to sell a #10020?
    edited February 2014
    My Santa Fe Super Chief set up. The cars are in order. What is missing is a B Unit (I'm currently working on). Technically I should have another A-B setup in the rear.

If you notice, I have built a "Vista Dome" car. It isn't the best, but I built it back when this set came out and it probably needs to be re engineered. The only problem is that most of these parts are discontinued.
    Johnyk668
    The most expensive part on the Engine is the light gray porthole windows. The engine came without a 9V motor, obviously that is an expensive part :) The roof bricks are expensive too. That is if you want your train to have the exact parts/colors of that time period.
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    Oddly the other porthole windows in the set are a fraction of the price despite being exclusive also.
    ^Yes, from the Coast Guard sets. They are different and more nautical compared to the ones that came with SF Super Chief.
    edited February 2014
    The Santa Fe Super. Chief is one of those setsthat you would pprobably be better off buying used than trying to "Bricklink" the set. The (4) Porthole windows (18) Light Gray curved roof pieces, red Windshield and sticket sheet will set you back quite a bit and that's only a fraction of all the pieces needed to complete the set.
    @MorkMan‌

This is important. The Limited Editions came with a sealed bag of light grey "light saber" bars and red "umbrella" bars. The ones that came with the LE were dark grey. There must have been a production error and Lego fixed the problem by sending these along with the set.
  • 12651265 Member Posts: 940
    Pitfall69 said:

@1265 are you willing to sell a #10020?

Sorry....I'm not in the market to sell.
  • kidatheartkidatheart USAMember Posts: 10
    Does anyone know how many bags are in a new set?
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,356
  • kidatheartkidatheart USAMember Posts: 10
    Thanks @oldtodd33