Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Spongebob minifigures

adventure_aladventure_al Scotland Member Posts: 243
Are they desirable?

I'm selling Gary the snail, Patrick, Spongebob n squidward. Just don't want ripped off.

Or is lower prices the going rate for these guys?

All newer more detailed versions from bikini bottom playset

Comments

• cloaked7cloaked7 Member Posts: 1,448
    I haven't recently, but have sold SB minis in the past. I found them to sell well, especially the more rare ones. SB himself is not too rare, so he usually does the worst. I don't know what they sell for now, but a quick check of eBay should provide the answer. Also, I would sell them individually, not as a group.
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,807

Are they desirable?

I'm selling Gary the snail, Patrick, Spongebob n squidward. Just don't want ripped off.

Or is lower prices the going rate for these guys?

All newer more detailed versions from bikini bottom playset

I don't know, honestly. The franchise is quite mainstream, but one negative side-effect of that is that it might not have as much "nerd appeal" as themes like Star Wars, Avatar: The Last Airbender, and Super Heroes. The characters will likely be seen as novelties and not as essentials for populating an elaborate LEGO universe.

Which Bikini Bottom set are they from, specifically? The ones from the set I have, #3827, are probably not going to be super-popular because they are not entirely accurate to the characters. Squidward lacks a molded head, and Gary has an orange shell rather than a pink one. The ones from #3834 are much nicer and might be able to command a higher price.

Perhaps you might want to check the going price on Bricklink. Most of the Spongebob minifigures currently for sale seem to be going for $3–5. But depending on where you're selling them you might be able to get more for them, particularly if you sell them as a set rather than individually. I've seen Spongebob minifigures go for more than that at the vendor area of LEGO conventions, especially during the public days when you get a lot of visitors who don't know about sites like Bricklink, but do know about characters like Spongebob.
  • adventure_aladventure_al Scotland Member Posts: 243
    Thanks guys they are from 3834