Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

LEGO Navy Ship Set

DamianDamian Member Posts: 3
I remember getting a huge lego set for my birthday when I was about 7. So this being 10 years ago, It was a navy ship which I remember taking my uncle and I, hours upon hours of building. The set was of a navy ship, grey. I've been searching the internet for it but cannot find it. If anyone could recognise what set this might of been it would be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Comments

• MatthewMatthew Cheshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 3,735
    Are you sure it was LEGO? The LEGO Group has a policy of not making sets based on modern warfare, which it sounds like this set was.
  • DamianDamian Member Posts: 3
    Would you have any ideas as to what other companies produce brick building sets that may have navy ship sets?
  • hewmanhewman Member Posts: 92
    I reckon it could be a Tente brand ship.
  • alexk999alexk999 Member Posts: 1
    I have several MegaBlocks navy ships. Aircraft Carrier, Destroyer, Submarine
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    edited February 2014
    hewman said:

I reckon it could be a Tente brand ship.

Might be this; I had a few of them myself. But, I don't think Tente was around 10 years ago.
  • hewmanhewman Member Posts: 92
    ^
    They seem to have had a disrupted business history (see quote from wikipedia below), and who knows when this ship was actually purchased or produced.

Tente was a line of construction toys created in 1972 by EXIN-LINES BROS S.A., a plastics and toy company based in Barcelona, Spain which ceased operation in 1993. Subsequently, the trademark and patents were acquired by EDUCA BORRAS, and as of 2008 the toy line appears to be discontinued. Their later series were no longer compatible with the old system, although some models remained compatible. The toys consisted of multi-colored interlocking plastic bricks in multiple scales and an accompanying array of wheels, minifigures, and various accessories.
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 3,156
    I remember being unfortunate enough to get a few Tente sets in my childhood from some well meaning relative who thought they were the same as Lego – they were very heavily into the space themes when Lego was. They had small, skinny, properly proportioned Astronaut figures with very limited articulation (reminiscent of SW battle droid figures). The blocks had pins on the underside that locked within the centres of the studs and the clutch was so tight, it was very difficult to separate them.
  • jon11380jon11380 25 minutes from the LEGO Shop MKMember Posts: 56
    edited February 2014
    I seem to remember M£$% [email protected]!!@$ had a navy type ship. This was in Woolworths a few years before they went bust.

Could have been this: -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mega-Blox-Pro-Builder-9760-Battleship-/201040466385
  • DamianDamian Member Posts: 3
    The mega block ships look fairly similar to what I had in mind. Being such a long time ago exact details are sketchy. Thank you everyone for your help! Ps. Tente ships look pretty good