Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

AFOL News magazine info?

mrbradfordmrbradford Fort Worth, Texas, USAMember Posts: 45
Does anyone have any info on when this magazine was published and possibly have any digital copies of any of the issues? I would like it for a project I'm working on. Attached is a partial image of what I'm looking for. Thanks in advance for any info/help.

Comments

• ryan498ryan498 Member Posts: 37
    Sorry, I don't have any details but I am really interested in this as well, would love to know more about this magazine.
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,275
    I've not heard of it, but the name Greg Hyland is mentioned on the page you scanned, so I googled the name of the magazine and his name, and found...

Lethargiclad.com

Certainly looks to be a LEGO oriented site, and Greg mentions that he's on Facebook and Twitter, so you can probably get in touch with him and ask who he produced the cartoon for.
  • bluemoosebluemoose Member Posts: 1,716
    edited March 2014
    I'm intruiged; the middle photo on the cover, of the builders stood around the tables about to start the speed building attempt, is my photo; I took it on April 9th 2005, at Legoland Windsor. I've no idea how it ended up on the cover of that magazine. I certainly don't remember being asked if was OK to use it :-/

One of the builders in the photo is Our Good Host, Huw.
    It looks like the text at the top right reads something like -
    "Informational Newsletter collated (or maybe 'collected'?), compiled and created by the International LEGO Ambassador Team".

If anyone is interested, the team completed the build in 1hr 13mins 56secs, which was a new UK record for speedbuilding the UCS ISD.
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,334
    ^ I remember it well, in the big tent at LLW.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,687
    edited March 2014
    OMG, the tent before Laser Raiders took over.

And oh my, you all look so young. Excellent. Thanks for sharing. :-)

Edit:- Did Simon ever have hair?
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,687
    That's not J Nolan is it?
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,334
    L to R:

?, Simon Bennet, Dean Earley (now Ms. Deanna Earley), David Till , Steven Locke, ?, Jason Railton, me, Jon Reynolds, Duncan Titmarsh.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,204
    It's good to see they have a rope barrier up in front of the crowd, just in case anyone tries to storm the "pitch".
  • scrumperscrumper UKMember Posts: 323
    ^^and while everybody else raises their hand and smiles to the camera, you grin at the Lego.
    LostInTranslation
    I remember it being bitterly cold in there, and that we had more people watching the build than I'd expected. There was a little display of Star Wars models from the LLW model shop just outside, which probably helped draw folk in. Please excuse the blurry fonecam shot.