Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Has there ever been a LEGO Store in Bristol (UK) ?

HobHob My Lego houseMember Posts: 222
edited February 2014 in Buying & Selling Topics
Hi all does any know if there has ever been a Lego brand shop in Bristol?

I've lived her all my life but my wife was talking to someone in shop earlier today and she (shop assistant) swears blind there was one opposite the entertainer in braodmead. I don't ever recall one but we're talking 17 years ago.

Anyone know if this is true?

thanks in advance.

Comments

• LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,685
    It's unlikely mate. The first Brand Store to open is doors in the UK was Milton Keynes - 2002-03 I think. The only stores I know to open and later shut were in Birmingham and Kingston.

I've not heard of one in Bristol before. It was probably a toy store with a LEGO sign up in the window or something.
    Hob
  • nerick906nerick906 Bristol, UKMember Posts: 374
    I hope they will have one soon, big city and so far to get one...
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,260
    I have never heard of there being one in the past, but I would love for one to open. I have an offer from Bristol University, so that would be very convenient!
  • HobHob My Lego houseMember Posts: 222
    Every time i see news of a new shop i hope it's Bristol. But then shudder to think how easy it would be to spend all my spare cash there.

We do need one the "long trip" to Cardiff is so hard.
  • GeddesGeddes Member Posts: 574
    In complete agreement, my lego pilgrimage is from weston to Cardiff. It Is very long, lol and would be significantly cheaper.
  • Sierra26Sierra26 Member Posts: 48
    The shop was Beatties toy shop in the 80's was one the corner opposite mcdonalds.
    i remember beatties (great shop) but it wasn't opposite to where the entertainer used to be (galleries). Besides it was a general toy store
  • yuffieyuffie Member Posts: 91
    i think beatties used to be between where harvey nichols and the sainsbury's local is now in broadmead/cabot circus, which is more or less opposite where the current entertainer shop is - used to be one of my first ports of call on trips over from bath

i also agree that bristol is crying out for a lego shop - i went to cardiff last week and had to carry metalbeard's sea cow back to the train station!
  • bricktuarybricktuary EuropeMember Posts: 470
    Add my vote for a Lego store in Bristol....

Sadly countered by my wife's No vote.
    AleyditaStormKittykhmellymelandheSirKevbags
  • orodesorodes Member Posts: 95
    Living in Bath, I would certainly like a Lego store in Bristol :)
  • TheBrickLaddTheBrickLadd Chippenham, Wilts, UK.Member Posts: 844
    We could do with one down the South West and Bristol is a good location as many areas around here are easy to get to.

Here's hoping we get one!
  • PeteMPeteM Gallifrey (near Bristol)Member Posts: 387
    I did wonder if they meant Beatties, but it's wasn't near where the Entertainer used to be... And there has never been a dedicated Lego shop in Bristol - the thought of having one 15 minutes from my house (rather than an hour and extortionate bridge toll away) makes my wallet cry...
    How do they decide on where brand stores go?
    Constant badgering from Lego fans from Bristol? Maybe not lol
    I'm considering a friendly email to customer services!
  • bricktuarybricktuary EuropeMember Posts: 470
    Swindon would make sense. Links to STEAM, far enough away from existing stores, and reasonably accessible along the M4.

But yeah, anywhere in the SW woukd work for me. Cardiff looks close but toll and parking on top of the hour long drive make it impossible for me to justify a visit.
    TheBrickLadd
  • xowainxxowainx United KingdomMember Posts: 112
    @bricktuary I'd be especially interested in a Swine-don one if it was in the designer outlet..
  • LosimagicLosimagic UKMember Posts: 397
    Haha, a store in the Swindon outlet would have so much trouble staying stocked
  • AySeaAySea Member Posts: 59
    I remember the Entertainer used to have a smaller part of the store up 2 or 3 steps opposite the front doors to the shop and that part of the store was purely Lego. That may have been about 17 years ago (I would have been 10 which I think may be about right, but it may have been when I was younger that it was like that).

The last time I went in there was a good few years ago and although the section with the steps was still there, the Lego was mixed in with the main part of the shop. Can't remember what was in the other section, but it wasn't purely a single companies products like it was as I mentioned in the above paragraph.
  • jon_kjon_k UKMember Posts: 224
    Only one decent shop in Somerset, that's in Taunton, and independent , for me the 500 mile trip to my local store in Manchester is the the best option, sorry to say Bristol is a disappointment
  • MeadleMeadle UKMember Posts: 84
    I have emailed lego a few times asking them to open in Bristol... I get the same polite "we are always reviewing opportunities" response. I have also emailed Cabot circus and The Mall at cribs telling them they should do all they can to get such a great "destination" shop on board... Come on local bricksetters (and not so local ones too) get on the pestering and I'm sure we can make it happen!
    nerick906