Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Newcastle (Metrocentre) Lego Store Grand Opening

GoldJonoGoldJono Aberdeen, UKMember Posts: 205
edited February 2014 in Buying & Selling Topics
I'd just like to say a big thank you to Tom and his team for doing a fantastic job at the Newcastle (Metrocentre) Lego Store Grand Opening this week. The rumours that they were not doing the limited edition minfigures were unfounded and I am the very proud owner of Cheryl Cole, Ant and Dec minifigures. I think these are the best minifigures given out since the liverpool store and the Beatles.

Comments

• AleyditaAleydita BelgiumMember Posts: 796
    So it's true that only the Belgium store missed out on themed mini-figures for their grand opening. Sucks for us here in Belgium but great for everyone else I guess.
  • xowainxxowainx United KingdomMember Posts: 112
    @Aleydita the Cardiff store didn't either.
  • oceanangeloceanangel Member Posts: 149
    Aw I wished I'd gone now, I could have used my minifigs to finally explain which one is Dec and which one is Ant.
    flowerpotgirl
  • flowerpotgirlflowerpotgirl ScotlandMember Posts: 147
    @oceanangel, when you work it out let us all know. I am from Newcastle, so I really should know *hangs head in shame*.
    @flowerpotgirl I'm localish as well and its been a mystery for 25 years to all, I think
    KingDave
  • monkeyhangermonkeyhanger Member Posts: 2,837
    edited February 2014
    Aleydita said:

So it's true that only the Belgium store missed out on themed mini-figures for their grand opening. Sucks for us here in Belgium but great for everyone else I guess.

I can only think of 2 famous Belgians, and one of those is fictional: Hercule Poirot, and Jean-Claude Van Damme, who would be the third? I do like your waffles though.

Ah, Tintin? That could be the third if i'm not completely wrong about Tintin being a Belgian creation.
    Nice cat @oceanangel
  • AleyditaAleydita BelgiumMember Posts: 796
    edited February 2014

Aleydita said:

I can only think of 2 famous Belgians, and one of those is fictional: Hercule Poirot, and Jean-Claude Van Damme, who would be the third? I do like your waffles though.

Ah, Tintin? That could be the third if i'm not completely wrong about Tintin being a Belgian creation.
    Well I'm not Belgian I just live here, but I could probably reel off 20 or so Belgian sportsmen and women who are more successful than their British counter-parts. In any case, the packs are intended to be for the local market, not an international audience, and Belgum has its own TV stars, reality celebs and singers/bands, etc.
    Aleydita,

Everyone knows those 3 though - i'd take a Tintin and Poirot over Ant or Dec anyday, they'd be instantly recognisable to many.
  • dfurndfurn Member Posts: 191
    Oh only just spotted this thread. I posted some pictures of the Minifigure set in the '[UK] Lego Retail Stores' thread: http://www.bricksetforum.com/discussion/comment/263738/#Comment_263738 Scroll down a bit from that message to see some other pics, including Cheryl's second face!
    Here's one by way of example...

Aleydita
    ^ Not very realistic - you can't see that huge tattoo she got all over her arse cheeks and lower back. You can take the charva out of the Fossway, but..... :)
    KingDaveflowerpotgirl
    Wise words there.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,815

Aw I wished I'd gone now, I could have used my minifigs to finally explain which one is Dec and which one is Ant.

Ant is the annoying one that rigged the phone polls. Dec is the one that rigged phone polls and is annoying.

^ Now it's clear!

Nice cat @oceanangel

thank you. She's my little baby.

flowerpotgirl
    CCC said:

Ant is the annoying one that rigged the phone polls. Dec is the one that rigged phone polls and is annoying.

finally. Its all as clear as mud now

Thanks for clearing that up @ccc, I knew it was one way or the other. @oceanangel, I have two "babies" of my own.
    oceanangel
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,815
    For those wanting them as figs rather than the packaging, can they be bricklinked? I haven't checked the head availability, but all the other parts seem fairly common.