Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

The Simpsons Collectible Minifigures (CMF)

Comments

• busumoe1busumoe1 Member Posts: 194
    Gooker1 said:

Good to know! $4 a pop still?

I'd also like to know. Plus would an annual pass 10% discount apply. If so, that may also be incentive to get the pass.
  • CrowkillersCrowkillers Member Posts: 757
    edited April 2014
    The wife just called and said she grabbed 24 figs from Toys R Us here in Johnstown, Pa.. She said she didn't have time to molest them to try and figure out what they were..
    Dougout
  • OUWxGuesserOUWxGuesser Member Posts: 92
    I was disappointed by the minifigure trading at Legoland FL this past Jan. Very few employees had minifigures, and those that did- I only saw 1 or 2 that were neweresque figures. Most were hodge podge of whatever. We arrived right after gates open and it was a slow day, so I don't think there was a massive run of trading.
  • minifigleafminifigleaf Member Posts: 7
    I found a small amount in the San Fernando Valley yesterday so the kids will get a surprise in their Easter Baskets this week. I need to locate some more movie packs though.
    byolegocalifrsh78
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 599
    @califrsh78 & @byolego - Found them at the TRU on La Cienega in LA. 3 per person. :(
    byolego
  • byolegobyolego Member Posts: 114
    @Gooker1 Thanks!
  • byolegobyolego Member Posts: 114
    @minifigleaf Where in SFV? TRU or Walmart? And which stores?
  • DoubleDDoubleD Oklahoma, USAMember Posts: 488
    edited April 2014
    I just looked today and the walmarts I look at before had them out now. So it may be worth one more look. If you have the Walmart app I would use that and see if it is in there system. I scanned a picture of the UPC coded on a earlier post I think on page 6.
    @byolego surprisingly, they were at Walgreens. They had movie figures as recently as the week before last, which is what I was looking for when I found the Simpsons figures.
    byolego
    Doubledbrick, if its in the system, is it in store too?
    I carried along an empty bag today from the Homer I bought myself at Walgreens. It wasn't in the system at Walmart Porter Ranch, but did produce a hit at Target Northridge (none in stock) and at TRU Porter Ranch (I didn't see any on the floor).
    @gooker1 as far as I could tell it was. The first place was sold out but it had the paper saying that the were using them instead, second place had nothing but in the app didnt show it was in the system then the third I check had paper a box if figures and showed up on the app
    Intersting info regarding wmt
  • rockyctrockyct Member Posts: 4
    busumoe1 said:

Gooker1 said:

I'd also like to know. Plus would an annual pass 10% discount apply. If so, that may also be incentive to get the pass.
    Yes, 10% discount still applies to Simpsons minifigs and anything that isn't on sale, even the Exclusive line.
  • busumoe1busumoe1 Member Posts: 194
    rockyct said:

busumoe1 said:

Gooker1 said:

Yes, 10% discount still applies to Simpsons minifigs and anything that isn't on sale, even the Exclusive line.
    Great, thanks. Now I just need to find out if my local Legoland jack up the prices or not...
  • Milne44Milne44 Member Posts: 112
    Any one found any in the uk yet........
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,444
    I have never watched a Simpson's episode all the way through, but I'm loving the Simpsons House. It is a great build. I can't wait to get my hands on the CMF's :)

My wife asked me how many Simpsons characters there are? We went through and covered the main characters and recurring characters. I mentioned that they always had guest characters on the show, so I'm hoping that Lego will make more characters including some guest characters. The possibilities are endless :)
    pharmjodchuckpTXLegoguy
  • dmg111dmg111 Member Posts: 40
    LEGO Discovery Center Texas is fully stocked. Still can't find them at big box, though.
  • TheCultLeaderTheCultLeader Member Posts: 48
    I found 32 at Walgreens. I got 1 complete set and nearly another complete set, but got extras of Marge and Itchy and no Krusty or Apu.
    I only bought 7: 2 Apu, 1 Krusty, 1 Marge, 1 Bart, 1 Maggie, 1 Grandpa
  • Auron_ShaleAuron_Shale Member Posts: 4
    I found this listing on Craigslist for Simpsons minifigures if anyone is interested looking for them. Appears to be located around Chicago.
    http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/tag/4430928077.html
  • epyon396epyon396 Member Posts: 268
    Pitfall69 said:

I have never watched a Simpson's episode all the way through

WAT.
    Go buy season 5 off of Amazon right now.
  • 12651265 The Great State of TexasMember Posts: 1,021

I found this listing on Craigslist for Simpsons minifigures if anyone is interested looking for them. Appears to be located around Chicago.
    http://chicago.craigslist.org/nwc/tag/4430928077.html

Yeah, if you want to pay bloated prices. Then again, some are.....never mind, don't want to offend......or did I :)
    TXLegoguy
  • just2goodjust2good Member Posts: 247

I found 32 at Walgreens. I got 1 complete set and nearly another complete set, but got extras of Marge and Itchy and no Krusty or Apu.

Did they have them at $4? Walgreen usually sells minifigures overpriced.

Why do they stink when you open the bags, is that what china's air smells like.
  • DougoutDougout Member Posts: 888
    ^Haha, the air near the factories does. A lot of stuff from China stinks, I don't buy the ebay labels from China anymore, or pretty much anything else. Stinky chemicals to make stuff on the cheap.
    Factories that work with plastics all stink. Plastic is some nasty stuff.
  • TheCultLeaderTheCultLeader Member Posts: 48
    just2good said:

Did they have them at $4? Walgreen usually sells minifigures overpriced.

Yes, they were the retail price of $3.99. Strange, I've bought every series since 6 from them as they seem to get them in first in my area and I've never seen them higher than retail.
    dmg111 said:

Factories that work with plastics all stink. Plastic is some nasty stuff.

Nothing stinks more than a pulp and paper factory. Yuck!

Dougout
  • legogrrl4legogrrl4 Member Posts: 42
    I just wanted to express my thanks to the guy I ran into the other night (not sure if he belongs to the brickset forum) at the Fullerton TRU store who had sorted through all of the simpsons minifigs. I didn't have to feel any of them because when I got there they were already sorted! He was nice enough to give me 13 of the 16 minifigures. Thanks again!
    JohnnyfinlandiaTXLegoguy
  • Mandalorian_BuilderMandalorian_Builder Member Posts: 197
    Better get them quick! I just called around and spoke to an assistant manager at Wal-Mart. He said they accidentally broke the street date, and there was a mass e-mail from corporate ordering all the stores to pull whatever they had on the floor.
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,232
    Found a box at the Fair Lakes TRU Customer Service. I'd like to thank the awesome person out there who previously had bought all the figures, took them home, slit them all open and then returned the unwanted ones back to TRU taping up a few but leaving most just slit open.
    edited April 2014
    ^That's wonderful. I'm glad that there are many thoughtful people out there looking out for the fellow man ;)
  • maniacmaniac Yorkshire, UKMember Posts: 841
    edited April 2014
    Got told by a Lego Employee in conversation today that could see these in UK Lego retail stores tomorrow.

We'll see.
  • theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,525
    I've been told the same.

However I have a couple of boxes on the way which should arrive tomorrow and its a free for all when thy first arrive in store as they don't seem to have many.

At least this way i can become a Simpsons feeling pro in the comfort of my own home.
  • mcvitiemcvitie Sheffield, EnglandMember Posts: 292
    May I ask where you ordered the boxes from?
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,270

Found a box at the Fair Lakes TRU Customer Service. I'd like to thank the awesome person out there who previously had bought all the figures, took them home, slit them all open and then returned the unwanted ones back to TRU taping up a few but leaving most just slit open.

Blame more stores like TRU that don't have policies that keep people from doing things like this and instead have "any reason" return policies to try to appease the complainers.
    Blame stores for people returning??? Sorry, blame the bad apples who want to cheat and steal from the stores.
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,434
    Man, the behavior of some people really make me want to give up the hobby. Everyone was so happy that they can make SO much money dealing in Lego... well, there ya go. Rape the hobby and leave the ingrates that muck it up for everyone.

Very disappointing. It happens to every hobby. It gets too big, then gets torn apart.
    TXLegoguy
    Gooker1 said:

Blame stores for people returning??? Sorry, blame the bad apples who want to cheat and steal from the stores.

Blame stores for allowing returns on opened blind packs? Yes. I would. You can blame bad apples all you want but it solves nothing until the methods they are using are countered.

TXLegoguy
    I found 1 pack (yes, 1 pack) at Walgreens yesterday, and it was buried amongst Kre-O. They didn't even have their own space on the shelf.
    graphite said:

Gooker1 said:

Blame stores for allowing returns on opened blind packs? Yes. I would. You can blame bad apples all you want but it solves nothing until the methods they are using are countered.

I don't expect employees to inspect every little bag of minifigs to see if they were resealed or not. I'm still not blaming them...obviously the returner intentionally tried to deceive the store by resealing them.

It's not like TRU, said, it's open and we'll take it back w/o checking the contents. Maybe, but doubt that's what happened.

• sweetness34sweetness34 San Diego, CA.Member Posts: 350
    I bought a box of figures from a walmart in San Diego last week. I stayed up late last night and felt them all and got the same break down listed a couple if pages back.

Paste and copy in case anyone is interested.

5 Homer Simpson(s)
    5 Bart Simpson(s)
    5 Marg Simpson(s)
    4 Lisa Simpson(s)
    4 Maggie Simpson(s)
    3 Grampa Simpson(s)
    4 Ned Flanders(s)
    4 Krusty the Clown(s)
    3 Milhouse Van Houten(s)
    3 Ralph Wiggum(s)
    3 Apu Nahasapeemapetilon(s)
    3 Nelson Muntz(s)
    4 Itchy(s)
    4 Scratchy(s)
    3 Chief Wiggum(s)
    3 Mr. Burns(s)

SquareSide
    Nice find at WMT last week! Jealous as mine didn't have them out yet. Anyone know if they're they still ringing up at $2.97 or back to $3.99?
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,434
    I was going to buy a box myself and sell any sets for cost plus shipping but haven't had any luck finding them at Walmarts, Walgreens, TRU, etc.

Anyone willing to sell one at cost plus shipping? If not, no biggie. They'll be out eventually here.
    Gooker1 said:

graphite said:

I don't expect employees to inspect every little bag of minifigs to see if they were resealed or not. I'm still not blaming them...obviously the returner intentionally tried to deceive the store by resealing them.

It's not like TRU, said, it's open and we'll take it back w/o checking the contents. Maybe, but doubt that's what happened.

Yellow said " took them home, slit them all open and then returned the unwanted ones back to TRU taping up a few but leaving most just slit open."

So not much deception was done. Just returned slit open packs.
    When I bought mine they were ringing up at 3.97 each. But the next morning the add came out with the Lego movie figures for 2.97 each. So I went back and was able to get a price adjustment of a dollar each + tax.
    Gooker1 said:

Nice find at WMT last week! Jealous as mine didn't have them out yet. Anyone know if they're they still ringing up at $2.97 or back to $3.99?

While I was looking for the figures, another guy was looking for the movie figures. So I figure he must have seen the add earlier.
  • addemlitaddemlit CaliforniaMember Posts: 118
    I bought a box at Toys R Us. It only cost me $80.
    ^How is that possible?