Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

The Simpsons Collectible Minifigures (CMF)

Comments

• andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,487
    Wasn't going to bother with these, due to my lack of interest and the price hike. However a trip to Sainsbury's and a spout of boredom decided otherwise.

Picked up Krusty the clown. It may have been mentioned before, but anyone else notice a really strong chemical smell from the packets? It was noticeable as soon as I cut it open, and still smells if you stick your nose in a day later.

New printing method? The giant heads? Chemical warfare?
    Pitfall69
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,440
    It's been mentioned with the Mixels, Friends Animals and other CMFs. I can't say I particularly notice it, but then I work with a wide format solvent printer so I might just be immune to chemical smells. That and I don't stick my nose in the packets :-P
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,594
    I managed to pick up a sealed box of these from WHSmiths for £100.20 today as the fab guys working there were kind enough to let me use my £5 off £15 voucher ten times :-))
    They even suggested using the 8p bag to get me over the £15 threshold for each batch of 6 minifigs (= £14.94).

Very pleased with that deal. Now to identify and label them all....

StormKittynerick906Pitfall69AdeelZubair
    edited April 2014
    Forgot to say, they weren't going to put the figs out til May 1st but I mentioned that other places had (including the toy shop down the road...) so they decided to sell them :-)
    StormKittyPitfall69
  • Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 599
    Nicely done!!
    alexwil
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,444
    andhe said:

Wasn't going to bother with these, due to my lack of interest and the price hike. However a trip to Sainsbury's and a spout of boredom decided otherwise.

Picked up Krusty the clown. It may have been mentioned before, but anyone else notice a really strong chemical smell from the packets? It was noticeable as soon as I cut it open, and still smells if you stick your nose in a day later.

New printing method? The giant heads? Chemical warfare?

Really? I must buy as many as I can!!! I didn't know they smelled. Do they smell like Mixels?

• augenaugen Worcester, UKMember Posts: 317
    I just bought my first ones today and when I opened one that turned out to be Itchy, the chemical smell really hit me.
    Pitfall69andhe
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,328
    I picked up Lisa, Apu and Mr Burns yesterday. The Squishee design looks fantastic and I love Blinky in his bowl!
    edited April 2014
    I really want Apu and Krusty
  • califrsh78califrsh78 Member Posts: 83
    Anybody in orange county,ca. Spotted some Simpson's mini fig's at walmarts in garden grove and Anaheim.
  • augenaugen Worcester, UKMember Posts: 317
    I randomly picked 5 different ones today, which is a bonus. I would really like Ned Flanders and Mr. Burns.
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 2,142
  • DougoutDougout Member Posts: 888
    Grabbed four today. Thought I was getting Itchy, 2 Scratchys, and Milhouse. Ended up with Bart, Wigum and two Mr. Burns.

Can anyone with a box confirm that it really comes with 3 complete sets?
  • theLEGOmantheLEGOman UKMember Posts: 1,525
    Got 3 sets in each of my 2 boxes.
    ^Great, thanks, I might as well get a box when I can then.
  • sweetness34sweetness34 San Diego, CA.Member Posts: 350
    I got three complete sets from one box. The break down is posted a few pages back.
    Should Be:

5 Homer Simpson(s)
    5 Bart Simpson(s)
    5 Marge Simpson(s)
    4 Lisa Simpson(s)
    4 Maggie Simpson(s)
    3 Grampa Simpson(s)
    4 Ned Flanders(s)
    4 Krusty the Clown(s)
    3 Milhouse Van Houten(s)
    3 Ralph Wiggum(s)
    3 Apu Nahasapeemapetilon(s)
    3 Nelson Muntz(s)
    4 Itchy(s)
    4 Scratchy(s)
    3 Chief Wiggum(s)
    3 Mr. Burns(s)
    ^Thanks @Pitfall69. I have 16 now, dupes of Grandpa and Mr. Burns, I need Ralph and Krusty. Milhouse, Grandpa, and Ralph felt similar. Maggie was fairly hard to identify and I couldn't find a single Krusty in 40 minutes.
    I know you probably can't wait, but I will be trading my extras when I get them :)
  • NickF22NickF22 United KingdomMember Posts: 469
    These are now in stock in Tesco
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,367
    edited April 2014
    What's the price on a sealed box of CMFs? I know RRP went up on these, but what should I expect to pay on a box ?

Also, where does one usually find sealed boxes for sale in the US? Does anyone actually sell them that way?
    Generally it's $3.99 x 60 plus whatever tax you have in your state. LEGOLAND will sell by the box. It's rare to have a LBR store sell a box, but I've heard it happen. Some TRU might if they don't have a limit. Target and WalMart will if you can find a sealed box, but also dependent on mgmt.
  • HangedSanchezHangedSanchez United KingdomMember Posts: 310
    I was buying some birthday cards in Smiths when I spotted half a dozen hanging on a rail, so picked up 3. Got Apu, Mr Burns and Scratchy. I have to say, when I saw the molded heads in the promo pictures, I wasn't too impressed, but they look much better in real life!
    Yodalicious
  • Wil348Wil348 Member Posts: 240
    Just bought 12 from [email protected] I also bought Homer, Bart, Lisa, and Maggie from Bricklink last week.
  • BastaBasta Australia Member Posts: 1,259
    These finally hit the shelves in Australia, I restrained and only picked up 3 as they were close to full price. I will wait for a sale to get the rest.

Simpson CMF's Homer, Itchy & Scratchy.
  • LegobrandonCPLegobrandonCP CanadaMember Posts: 1,918
    Would it be a good idea to buy 32 from [email protected], feel the packs, then return the duplicates?
  • joel4motionjoel4motion United KingdomMember Posts: 959

Would it be a good idea to buy 32 from [email protected], feel the packs, then return the duplicates?

Do [email protected] not limit to 16?

• just2goodjust2good Member Posts: 247

Do [email protected] not limit to 16?

Nope, you can see they have up to 32 here:
    http://shop.lego.com/en-US/LEGO-Minifigures-The-Simpsons-Series-71005

• jdylakjdylak Member Posts: 281
    I've never been good and feeling things up so when I went to Walmart tonight, I just bought the whole case. It was JUST put out. I opened them when I got home and find it funny how they are packed in the case. You get like duplicates back to back. Like one figure came all four times in the row, then not again afterwards. I needed one Nelson to get my three sets and it was the very last figure I opened. Didn't see one of him or Milhouse until the last row. So grabbing all of one row of figures would probably not be a good idea.
  • Wil348Wil348 Member Posts: 240
    edited May 2014
    I made a MOC of Marge's orange station wagon for the family, I'm just awaiting the minifigures to arrive. I've made it so it can fit all of The Simpsons family except Grandpa, who could probably fit right at the back anyway. I don't know if it can fit into the house's garage as I don't currently own the house. I would be really happy if it did happen to though.

YodaliciousCapnRex101indigoboxPitfall69SquareSidestruddie
    It's a flying car?? ;) That's a great MOC! Yea...if you don't have the time or patience to feel the minifigs, definitely grabbing one row is a bad idea.
    andhe
  • greekmickgreekmick UKMember Posts: 710
    @LostInTranslation‌ Where did you find the £5 WHSmith voucher please? Do you have to purchase at the tills to receive it?
    I was given that voucher ages ago with a purchase. It expired on 30 April which is why I was keen to get them to put the figs out early ;-)
    The new voucher I got (x10!) was £5 off £20.
  • sgarrahysgarrahy Member Posts: 26
    My local Annapolis LBR was super helpful. Double checked my selections so I had no dupes. Grabbed 10 as I want to extend the hunt a bit.

Do you really want an honest answer to that question?

lego007
  • timttimt Member Posts: 33
    edited May 2014
    Target Canada and Walmart Canada are selling them for the old CMF price of $3.49 CAD vs $3.99 USD for CMF S. Not sure if this is their regular price or a mistake on their part.
    Pitfall69 said:

Do you really want an honest answer to that question?

Don't answer it. I found them at Chapters for $3.50 a piece.
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,673
    Not sure if it the same layout in every box, just in case here was the one I got, view from top:
    ===== Back of the box =====
    1 Lisa Bart Maggie
    2 Lisa Grampa Homer
    3 Bart Mr Burns Itchy
    4 Milhouse Itchy Scratchy
    5 Bart Marg Ralph
    6 Homer Itchy Scratchy
    7 Itchy Chief Marg
    8 Chief Marg Apu
    9 Milhouse Grampa Nelson
    10 Ralph Ned Lisa
    11 Chief Ned Nelson
    12 Ralph Scratchy Milhouse
    13 Nelson Mr Burns Krusty*
    14 Apu Ned Scratchy
    15 Apu Ned Krusty
    16 Krusty Bart Maggie
    17 Maggie Grampa Homer
    18 Mr Burns Marg Homer
    19 Lisa Marg Homer
    20 Bart Maggie Krusty
    ===== Front of the Box =====

* might be off by one or two slots.
  • BooToyzBooToyz Member Posts: 1
    Found them today at Meijers.......$3.00 each, picked up a few!!
    Pitfall69
    Wow. great price at Meijers!

aka...the original. :/
    Gooker1 said:

Original what?

BooToyz said:

Found them today at Meijers.......$3.00 each, picked up a few!!

Where about? We have one by us.

Pitfall69 said:

Gooker1 said:

Original what?

The original price of $2.99 for minifigs. It's funny that we have to get excited at buying minifigs at $3 now. :/
  • jadeirenejadeirene US, CaliforniaMember Posts: 475
    ^ Actually, the original price for CMFs was $1.99 (at least in the US).
    pharmjod
  • DadsAFOLDadsAFOL USAMember Posts: 617
    The original price was $1.99. Good old series #1 zombies for $1.99. :)
    DadsAFOL said:

The original price was $1.99. Good old series #1 zombies for $1.99. :)

That's right! Soo long ago. :(

• beabea Member Posts: 227
    Randomly grabbed a couple (ended up with Mr Burns and the cat) and I have to say I still don't care for the heads. They just look really out of place on lego. Having seen the TV episode trailer, I would prefer if they had gone that route instead.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,167
    edited May 2014
    That is the one thing I like about the Simpsons release, they have gone with the 3 sets per box count like they used to. Much more worth it IMO to get a box as you can at least get three sets out of it.
    theLEGOman
    In and out of the store in 30 mins with a full set. I think that is a personal record. :-)
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,167

In and out of the store in 30 mins with a full set. I think that is a personal record. :-)

Mercifully they are pretty easy to pick out most of the figures. Those trying to get a Millhouse and Ralph is having a tougher time I'd imagine because both have short legs and a 2x2 tile. I had an easier time feeling for the accessories then the figures themselves. But at least my GF has a whole set now. I picked up Itchy, Scratchy and Mr Burns for myself. In hindsight, probably should have picked up a Krusty for myself as well