Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Anybody know where I can contact to a wholesaler?

noobinoobi Member Posts: 59
edited February 2014 in Buying & Selling Topics
Willing to buy hundreds of sets. Not the expensive ones but the cheaper 70$ and below?

Comments

• DadsAFOLDadsAFOL USAMember Posts: 607
    Google...

If you represent a retail business and are interested in purchasing LEGO products for resale, please contact our Independent Toy Dealers department to discuss our reseller requirements by calling 1-800-673-0360, or email [email protected]

Don't get your hopes up. Lego only allows new accounts if Lego is NOT the primary thing you sell. If you own a toy store with lots of products, they may talk to you.
  • PhoneboothPhonebooth USMember Posts: 1,419
    Don't be fooled @noobi. There are tens, if not hundreds to be made in the reselling game!
    collect_that
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,204
    Noobi is behind the PleyGo rental service. So it may be that they are for rental rather than resale.

• noobinoobi Member Posts: 59
    CCC said:

Noobi is behind the PleyGo rental service. So it may be that they are for rental rather than resale.

It is exactly as you said CCC. Not doing resale.

The reselling game, takes so long, and when selling online, online market places, takes such a huge percentage from your bottom line initially, and then taxes also takes away from it too.
  • DadsAFOLDadsAFOL USAMember Posts: 607
    I thought PleyGo was acknowledged by Lego already. You are probably better off working through the CEE team to establish a contact in Enfield if you don't already have one. You will need to explain your business model and articulate to the right person how that is NOT direct competition to Lego. ITD has rules, and PleyGo doesn't fit in the rules, so you would need to go around them and find someone to tell ITD to give you an account. Good Luck!
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,112
    There was a nearly identical service a couple years ago called LegoLease.com. (we discussed it on this forum way back when). Looks like they aren't around anymore though. I'd be curious what happened.

Honestly, I'd be shocked if LEGO will want to sell to PleyGo, given that they essentially compete directly with LEGO by pushing people to rent sets that otherwise might be bought. but hey, I could be completely wrong about that.
    Unfortunately, I cannot comment on that yet.
    dougts said:

There was a nearly identical service a couple years ago called LegoLease.com. (we discussed it on this forum way back when). Looks like they aren't around anymore though. I'd be curious what happened.

Honestly, I'd be shocked if LEGO will want to sell to PleyGo, given that they essentially compete directly with LEGO by pushing people to rent sets that otherwise might be bought. but hey, I could be completely wrong about that.

Actually, we've been helping to market LEGO to such a bigger audience now.

• PhoneboothPhonebooth USMember Posts: 1,419
    noobi said:

Something tells me that Lego's marketing reach is just a tad bit bigger than Pleygo. May need to double check my calls though....
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,223
    dougts said:

I think the site got shut down because Lego was in the website name??? Maybe they just changed the name and is still doing business?

noobi said:

Something tells me that Lego's marketing reach is just a tad bit bigger than Pleygo. May need to double check my calls though....
    Sorry for the confusion, what I meant to say is that, we're supplementing their marketing.

• CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,204
    ^ so no real different to any fan site or reseller.

If Lego support your business, then surely they should be the wholesaler to supply you.
  • CaptAPJTCaptAPJT Member Posts: 220
    Surely a better strategy would be to rent out larger sets that LEGO customers are less able to afford? If they want something to build but not to own then this is a challenging cost effective way of doing it. That said I'm sure you've done your market research and know your numbers.
    Wow, you're pretty informative sir and very correct as well. If you go check it out, we actually have 3 different plans based on how many pieces.
  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 878
    I might be niave but I don't really get the logistics of renting a set. How are you going to ensure that the customer just never returns the set or losses pieces, steals pieces or replaces them with inferior pieces (mega bloks?)
  • MorkManMorkMan Phoenix, Arizona, USAMember Posts: 852
    ^ done by weight, IIRC. We have the service and it's pretty cool to try a set then get rid of it.
    margot
  • msandersmsanders Member Posts: 878
    ^ but the customer could just match the weight with anything. Plus, if its an expensive very rare set, say green grocer, could they not just steal it?
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    edited March 2014
    I'm going to try it out. Might cut down on my over buying habit.
    edited March 2014
    MorkMan said:

^ done by weight, IIRC. We have the service and it's pretty cool to try a set then get rid of it.

Hi MorkMan, I'm glad you are having fun. Just to let you know, we're bringing in 37 more new sets into inventory in the coming month and they are pretty cool. We'll also be introducing a lot more technic sets and we've tested them and they are quite appealing.

Secondly, we'll be introducing more modular buildings like the Palace Cinema as well and the Parisian Cafe.
    msanders said:

^ but the customer could just match the weight with anything. Plus, if its an expensive very rare set, say green grocer, could they not just steal it?

Actually, weight is the very first checkpoint, but we have other checkpoints to ensure the quality of the set. I hope this helps :)
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    I picture armies of migrant workers checking for teeth marks.

I picture armies of migrant workers checking for teeth marks.

A lot of Dentists would love kids to continue biting LEGO pieces.