Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

10244 Fairground Mixer

jackson05jackson05 Member Posts: 32
edited April 2014 in Collecting
Due out in the summer. Lead to believe it is of a similar concept to the #10196 Carousel.

Goes without saying, I am very excited. :)
just2goodinfernalbrick

Comments

• PaperballparkPaperballpark UKMember Posts: 3,372
    Source?
  • OndraOndra Member Posts: 74
    Another exclusive slot wasted on festival attraction...Off course if true, because another rumour say that there will be iconic car .
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,195
    Wasted in what sense?
  • jackson05jackson05 Member Posts: 32

Source?

How rude.
    Ondra said:

Another exclusive slot wasted on festival attraction...Off course if true, because another rumour say that there will be iconic car .

The Mini isn't a rumour. It too is true and will come in the form of the 'old' style of car - pre 2000.

I'm looking forward to them both.
  • SuperTrampSuperTramp City 17Member Posts: 1,021
    Why was it rude #Paperballpark asking for a source?

magrimaniacJosephCapnRex101FenrisAkashimargot
    ^ It was a joke, in a Jar Jar Binks kind of way, "How rude".

That said, who in their right mind who give up their source?? I'm sure enquiries regarding sources has been laughed at in the past.
    YellowcastleFenrisAkashibobabricks
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    Think we also had a discussion about 'source?' being a slightly rude reply before too.
    jackson05Yellowcastle
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,260
    @jackson05 - Clearly you have inside knowledge, but without any source the information is pretty much worthless. I cannot imagine that TLC would appreciate you leaking this information, so I have no idea why you would tell us all this unless you were making it up.

Still, I would like to be proved wrong as I missed out on the Grand Carousel.
    FurrysaurusmagriTheLoneTensor
    edited February 2014
    I actually don't know what you just said.

No watermarked pictures at TLGs request. Accepted. Now, because TLG don't want information leaked or because you dont understand why I'm sharing the info with you, you suggest I am making it up? I'm bringing it to you because I thought it would give you something to look forward to.

To follow on to your suggestion I "clearly have inside knowledge", why then is the information worthless without a source? I really don't understand.

@CapnRex101 - To be clear, a yes or no answer please, are we not allowed to bring leaked info to the Brickset forum? Seems to be a lot of threads based on leaked info.
    @jackson05 - Yes, leaked information is often spread on the forum and that is allowed as far as I am aware. Equally however, that information has usually come through multiple sources which naturally lends credence to it. Your news is unsubstantiated and you have no history of being a reliable source on these matters. The other threads to which you refer are based on fact, or at least trusted sources, your comments however come across to me as conjecture. If I am wrong I can only apologise, and suggest that in future you actually back up these kinds of news items.

The manner in which you have presented this information suggests that you have direct access to it, and that is turn suggests that you probably work for TLC. If you work for LEGO, then you are obviously leaking this information, which is not appropriate for the Brickset forum in my opinion.

In any situation news is often leaked, although no matter how welcome the news is, it is my opinion that those leaking the information are not to approved of. It is a difficult topic, as we all want this kind of news, but I will reserve judgement until I have it from a more reliable source, unless you can give some evidence of course.
    PaperballparkTheLoneTensor

@jackson05 - Yes, leaked information is often spread on the forum and that is allowed as far as I am aware. Equally however, that information has usually come through multiple sources which naturally lends credence to it. Your news is unsubstantiated and you have no history of being a reliable source on these matters. The other threads to which you refer are based on fact, or at least trusted sources, your comments however come across to me as conjecture.

So breaking news can't be relied upon.

If I am wrong I can only apologise, and suggest that in future you actually back up these kinds of news items.

Come Summer, I won't need to back up future news.

The manner in which you have presented this information suggests that you have direct access to it, and that is turn suggests that you probably work for TLC. If you work for LEGO, then you are obviously leaking this information, which is not appropriate for the Brickset forum in my opinion.

Agreed. My mortgage relies on me earning a wage. Working for TLG and sharing the information would probably result in me losing that wage.

In any situation news is often leaked, although no matter how welcome the news is, it is my opinion that those leaking the information are not to approved of.

Yet you feel content discussing Sandcrawler playsets?

@admin, please feel to close the thread until eurobricks or fbtb break the news first!
    My point is pretty much the same as @CapnRex101 made, I just put it rather more bluntly (as is my wont occasionally; see the other thread I posted in).

Just coming in here and declaring it doesn't make it true. However if you'd said something like "I've heard from a couple of people in the know" or if you were well known as a reliable source yourself, then I would have taken you more seriously, rather than being rather sceptical.
    Reliable source for rumour, how ironic...If Jackson firstly send this to another well known lego sites that profits on rumours you will be trusting this?These are only rumours, not photos, that can provide some headache to lego.

CCC-Carousel was oversized compare to minifigs and not suitable to city .Price was very high, and not hidden pf functions looks tragic.This is sad, because prototypes hide motor in ticket box.
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,936
    edited February 2014
    Guys, please, don't blow this out of proportion. I think what @Paperballpark and @Capnrex are getting at is that without a source to back it up, a news snippet like this is only really a rumour. Now, rumours and speculation (like that about a sandcrawler) are often debated on this forum, but generally, it's made obvious enough that it is just speculation.

I'm not (and I hope none of the others here are either) suggesting that you would come on this site to deliberately post lies, but unless there is a source of some sort, then (for the rest of us) it looks like.

[Edit]: Paperballpark's rather sensible explanatory note above came in while I was typing this, so please excuse me...:-P
    Without a source, breaking news cannot be relied upon. If it is indeed true, which it could well be, then that is great and I will of course be more trusting of news you bring in future. Much like @Paperballpark I would have preferred to see a little more evidence rather than an unsubstantiated statement though on this occasion.

Once the information is in the public domain, not a lot can be done to stall it, so I do feel comfortable discussing news of the UCS Sandcrawler. That does not mean I approve of how the news has 'escaped' though.
    edited April 2014
    @plasmodium - Couldn't agree more.

What sparked this non-sensical debate was being asked for a source. As @CheshireCat said above, that has previously been considered as rude to ask. Other than that, the news is just a rumour. Ignore it, swallow it up whole, you choose.

@Paperballpark - I'm saying it's true. I'm saying I'm not lying.
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,733

@jackson05 - Yes, leaked information is often spread on the forum and that is allowed as far as I am aware. Equally however, that information has usually come through multiple sources which naturally lends credence to it.

I can think of at least one other user that posts unsubstantiated rumors that haven't come through multiple sources. No one seems to mind when they post such things.

Your news is unsubstantiated and you have no history of being a reliable source on these matters.

The history is short but looks relatively reliable to me.
    jackson05
    Treat it as step one. If it comes out in summer then @jackson05 becomes a reliable source.

You've got to do step 1 to start the process.
    PaperballparkBriking
    It is also worth remembering that multiple sources often copy their "facts" from the same place / rumour. Remember how many reliable sites published the wrong list of Sun polys autumn 2012. All based on a HUKD or similar post.
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    Isn't speculating on rumors one of the fun parts of the hobby?

And I'm still waiting for an apol...explanation for the dewback in the cantina. ;o). They don't serve that kind.
    @jackson05 - Fair enough, I would love a new carousel set so I look forward to it. I hope you understand my scepticism, but assuming you are indeed correct, I apologise.

I do not agree that requesting a source as @Paperballpark did is rude however, just sensible. It is your choice not to post though and I am prepared to respect that.
    jackson05
    ^ Can you provide an ETA on the completion of that preparation so that I may add it to the Brickset calendar? ;o)
    CCC said:

Treat it as step one. If it comes out in summer then @jackson05 becomes a reliable source.

You've got to do step 1 to start the process.

Exactly. If this turns out to be true then I'll know where I heard it first, and treat any future pronouncements with less scepticism.
    CapnRex101
    @CapnRex101 if you accept you're half wrong, I'll provide the other half.
    Yellowcastle
    Lol
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    Back on the first topic :o) will it be motorized like the old one?
    edited February 2014
    @Yellowcastle - I should say around the release of this rumoured set. At that point, I will have completed preparation. Of course I have to get the pre-preparation finished first, then I can begin preparations so that is subject to change (just pop it on the calendar in pencil) ;o)

@jackson05 - I would not say wrong, I would argue that my scepticism is reasonable as you are an untested source. Nevertheless, any source of truth is welcome in my book so fingers crossed!

@rancorbait - Right you are :o)
    Yellowcastle
    edited February 2014
    @rancorbait you have everything. Any more would be speculating.

@CapnRex101 Of course not.I give up.
    I remember Simpsons sets(Multiple sets not only D2C house) rumour, that provide lots of interest on many reliable sites but still looks very unprofesional(Price point and minifigures in each set) and turn out to be false.
  • DiggydoesDiggydoes Cologne/GermanyMember Posts: 1,066
    edited February 2014
    To backup @jackson05 i've also heard the rumour,the price range will be below 100€ so not really a remake of the grand carousel!
    No,i won't tell you my source ;)
    CCC
  • roxioroxio UKMember Posts: 1,329
    @jackson05 - you still think TC-4 is the May 4th polybag that you confirmed ?
  • scrumperscrumper UKMember Posts: 323
    In summer 2014,
    A LEGO waltzer will be seen.

It's true - because it rhymes. :-)
    LostInTranslationSirKevbagsLegoboyYellowcastleMeadlemargotLegoManiaccFollowsCloselysidersdd
    @Roxio no I don't. I was going to mention it earlier but got distracted arguing about sources. 2 months ago it was confirmed within TLG. Now it is not.
  • bricktuarybricktuary EuropeMember Posts: 470
    Right.... any idea about size? Number of parts?
    I assume it's properly motorized.
  • roxioroxio UKMember Posts: 1,329
    ^not if its sub 100eur
    On the Brickset forum there was a guy, it was suggested that he told a lie.
    Then said the guy, "I did not lie, come summer you will see why"
    Then, back and fourth their words did they thrust, till along came the admin and said "you must first gain our trust" So then, no sooner had the admin explained, did the discussion turn back to the title it claimed.

;oP

Its true, and not just because it rhymes.

;oP
    LegoboyscrumperYellowcastlekhmellymelBumblepantsGoldfreekVortex
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,685
    This thread is completely bonkers. ;o)
    rancorbaitCapnRex101khmellymelmargot
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,239
    Legoboy said:

This thread is completely bonkers. ;o)

The thread only reflects those who contribute to it.

But yes.. I agree.

Yellowcastle
    Hopefully they'll do the set like the Horizon Express, with room to add power functions but a base package that works without. That might make sense at under €100. Right?
    Perhaps TLG does indeed want to protect the sanctity of previous exclusives. Other than the XWing and AtAt, haven't they made any future versions drastically different or of a different scale? I for one would be less inclined to grab every interesting set if I had confidence I would get another opportunity soon thereafter.

And when they get it right, it doesn't matter as no new version can top it. I would consider the new tie fighter in that regards. I just didn't live the previous carousel so even on sale, I skipped it and got another green grocer. I bypassed the Winter Market too but bought multiples of the toy shop.

Here's hoping the next carousel is better. :o)
  • CaptAPJTCaptAPJT Member Posts: 220
    I have no reason to believe that @jackson05 is making it up, what would be the point? In the past we've seen rumoured sets be proved correct and incorrect. A few months ago the Star Wars UCS thread was full of AT-AT rumours and while there is an AT-AT being released it's by no means a UCS model.

So a Waltzer eh? That could be quite cool, doesn't mean I'm going to buy it however.
    If the space for turning is big enough, it could be an ideal model to have some fun with. Remove the waltzer cars/drums, and replace with SW microfighters.
  • CupIsHalfEmptyCupIsHalfEmpty CanadaMember Posts: 547
    I've never heard of a "Waltzer" but after a quick google, it seems Waltzer and Tilt-A-Whirls are the same thing. If that's the case, I can't wait! I actually had plans to build an amusement park and this will be one less ride to MOC.
  • cavegodcavegod Member Posts: 803
    Ive read the rumour on another site plus the mini cooper
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    Me thinks winter is getting to some here, or is it male menopause?
    herekittykittySirKevbagsLegoManiacc

Me thinks winter is getting to some here, or is it male menopause?

Nah, just made the coffee a little too strong...

;o)
    AFFOL_Shellz_Bellzherekittykitty
  • ToymakerToymaker Member Posts: 17
    Any sign in the TLC tea leaves as to what the 2014 Winter Village release will be?
    2014 Winter Olympic Village.
    just2goodJenni
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,462
    ^"I got to the end of the direction booklet and it is only half finished?! And CS says I need to spend another 5x the RRP to complete the model?!?"
    PaperballparkFurrysaurusplasmodiumTheLoneTensorJennikhmellymelPitfall69