Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] New Sets available at TRU.com

margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
edited February 2014 in Shopping USA/Canada

Comments

• graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,270
    ^ I saw a new one at Target tonight but not sure which it was since Brickset doesn't seem to have a picture of it.
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    BOGO50 is currently going on at TRU. They had almost all of the new super heroes and Star Wars available but most went in a few minutes. Still some available though. Lego Movie poly was also BOGO50 but then they excluded it.
  • wagnerml2wagnerml2 Belleville, IllinoisMember Posts: 1,376
    Just ordered 4 Super Secret Police Polys and 4 Kaashyyyk Battlepacks. BPs are at RRP and are BOGO 50%. Free shipping over $49 as well. Not bad for a TRU purchase.
    BTW, #7939 Cargo Train is $219.........Wow. That's ridiculous even for TRU.
    ^I saw that too.
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    4 Super Secret Police Polys + 4 Chima Legends Beasts (9.99 + BOGO) will get you right over the $49 free shipping mark, so that is what I did. I don't collect the chima sets but do like the figs. I thought the little Legend Beast sets were really cool though.
  • VaderXVaderX Member Posts: 220
    Gee Amazon prices are still better. Imagine that! Hot prices are so great! So like 15% of what they have is possibly on sale? Are they out of business yet?
  • byucougsbyucougs Member Posts: 38
    I went TRU today to take advantage of the BOGO sale and every set I picked up was.... wait for it.... retail price. I couldn't believe It. I got the new hulk set, joker steamroller, a few china beasts, the new penguin set, Spiderman/electro set, and a couple of ploys. All in all, a good haul.
    margot
  • psycho013psycho013 Member Posts: 8
    Yeah, weirdly a lot of the new sets listed at the US TRU.com don't have the old markup at all and are selling at retail prices (Star Wars, Super Heroes, Lego Movie, etc).
    Last week was a good week to pick up some Lego Movie sets at almost 30% off with the $15 off $50.
    I was a little late getting in on today's sale, so a lot of the new Star Wars and Marvel Super Heroes sets were already gone, but I did manage to pick up enough to get free shipping.
  • kim43235kim43235 Member Posts: 165
    BOGO applies to 66473 3-1 Super Pack in ebay TRU store.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/350949981561
    About $80 each after tax for two for me.
    pharmjod
    ^Not bad. I picked up 2. Do the sets come all jumbled together or are they individually boxed within the large box? Anyone know?
    kim43235 said:

BOGO applies to 66473 3-1 Super Pack in ebay TRU store.
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/350949981561
    About $80 each after tax for two for me.

Nice..

• graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,270
    wagnerml2 said:

^Not bad. I picked up 2. Do the sets come all jumbled together or are they individually boxed within the large box? Anyone know?

Regular retail boxes inside a larger box.
    spaztrick
  • ninjagolightlyninjagolightly Member Posts: 140
    My TRUs have absolutely no new sets and insane markups on old sets.
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 734
    ^ Mine too! Unless $169.99 for a Millennium Falcon and $159.99 for a Malvolence is considered reasonable. I was hoping to use up some rewards with the B1G1 50% sale but l left empty handed.
  • GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    TRU Prices are just getting way way out of hand. Now the markup has gone from 20% to 30% or more. I absolutely refuse to purchase anything there anymore. It's not worth it.
    Most TRU stores are willing to price match their online prices which, for most of the new sets, are retail.
    However, I was told on my most recent visit that they could only price match two items at a time. Not sure why or when that rule went into effect, but your mileage may vary.
  • KumbazoKumbazo Member Posts: 24
    ^Once they price-match their site (or another store's price), do they also allow you to apply the current promotion on top of the price-match (like the BOGO50 they have now)?
  • DavidBrickleyDavidBrickley Richmond, VAMember Posts: 345
    I've been told it's either/or, not both. I think it's easier to just order online for in store pickup.
    FWIW, my local TRU manager told me that they can now officially price match [email protected]
    pharmjodPoochyYellowcastle
  • PoochyPoochy USAMember Posts: 479
    ^ They're actually updated their policy to include Lego.com (http://www.toysrus.com/shop/index.jsp?categoryId=11949070).
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,734
    I wonder if they will match the discounted sets, as well. For example, #10559 is currently 73% off, #70000 is 50% off, etc.
    ^They should, isn't that what price matching is all about?
    margot said:

^They should, isn't that what price matching is all about?

Their price match policy excludes, for example, "percentage off discounts", "clearance", and "limited quantity items". It could be argued that all of these apply to the current discounts at LEGO.com.
    Actually "percentage off discounts" does not apply because no where does it say "take XX% off Lego" , clearance doesn't apply because it doesn't say "clearance", limited quantity might apply on the one that isn't currently in stock..
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    The % restriction is referring to blanket sales like "30% off all Lego City" like Target had recently.

Basically, if there is a set advertised for a specific price at one of the matchables, TRU will match that price.
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    edited February 2014
    Expect some flak if trying to PM an item showing out of stock or sold out on the website. They may not catch it, but it's a technicality on which grand hopes can be dashed.
    margot
    I was thinking more about the way these guidelines are interpreted by those doing the price matching. If a potential price match is based on something advertised for 20% off, even if it's only one set, I can see the person declining to price match because the wording isn't specific in that regard. The clearance aspect is less likely to be a problem, but I can see a manager saying "50% off is LEGO's version of clearance." As for limited quantity, it's almost as if that's an escape clause for any situation. While I'm sure it's supposed to mean quantities in the single digits, it's not specific. If someone wanted to be picky, they could point that out; every LEGO set has limited quantities.

Maybe I'm just pessimistic.

On to something more constructive: For price-matching LEGO.com, this is probably most useful for sets above $75 since the price-match doesn't include shipping costs.
    @binaryeye, TRU has been price matching all of the sale prices at Amazon for a long time. I think the purpose of the price match is to match other site's sale prices. The cashiers don't put much thought into it, they push a button, type in the price, and you're good to go.
    ^ At my TRU, you need a manager override for the PM.
    edited February 2014
    ^Wow, that is odd. At my TRU any of the cashiers can do it. I price match all of the time and anytime I see someone looking at an overpriced set, I always tell them to price match.
    Poochy said:

^ At my TRU, you need a manager override for the PM.

Same here...and just about everything else too! I don't think employees last long...I don't see them there more than 2-3months...now the 5-6 managers are always there. Maybe there's a good reason. Off to see if TRU has any new SH or SW LEGOS yet and sell some Girl Scout Cookies before the latest blizzard!

edited February 2014
    What I want to know is whether #76011 and #76012 were "marked down" to RRP before or after they sold out. Would've liked to get those on the BOGO. :-/
    scotty12 said:

^ I don't think employees last long...I don't see them there more than 2-3months...now the 5-6 managers are always there. Maybe there's a good reason.

Maybe that's why your cashiers get management approval? At my TRU the employees have been around for a long time. I recognize pretty much all of them and they recognize me as well. They know how to do a price match and it's never a big deal.
    I had had success with them PM Amazon sale prices. But you do loose any promotions when you do that.
  • jadeirenejadeirene US, CaliforniaMember Posts: 475

What I want to know is whether #76011 and #76012 were "marked down" to RRP before or after they sold out. Would've liked to get those on the BOGO. :-/

It was marked down to MSRP with the BOGO stacking for a while.
    scotty12 said:

Off to see if TRU has any new SH or SW LEGOS yet and sell some Girl Scout Cookies before the latest blizzard!

Are you offering 30% off, or BOGO, or VIP points, or some freebies with those Girl Scout cookies? :)

^ lol...Sure! You meant 30% off TRU's RRP not actual Girl Scout RRP?
    jadeirene said:

It was marked down to MSRP with the BOGO stacking for a while.
    Sigh... Truth hurts. I think my TRU has them but isn't putting them out this week.
  • BazookaJoeX9BazookaJoeX9 Member Posts: 98
    Did anyone else notice all the new sets are now gone? No Star Wars or Super Heroes at all. Did TRU pull them down?
  • DavidBrickleyDavidBrickley Richmond, VAMember Posts: 345
    Looks like Mixels are gone too?
    Funny, it's all up at [email protected]! TRU probably just didn't want to embarrass themselves by offering new sets at a potential discount. :P
    MathBuildermadforLEGO
    Yeah, looks like they got wise to the fact that we were getting up to 25% off just released sets.
    I didn't manage to get most of them, but snagged a few in time.
    I went to the store and they honored it. It's just gone from the site.
    @BazookaJoeX9
    Did you get retail prices in store? The TRUs around here always jack up the prices beyond what's on the site. And then ask you to choose between price match or whatever offers you're trying to get.
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Northern VirginiaAdministrator, Moderator Posts: 5,007
    ^ I bought 2 battlepacks today at RRP and bogo.
  • hleonffuhleonffu USAMember Posts: 243
    ^^ I also found several Super Heroes and Chima sets at RRP and bogo.
    All of the new sets were RRP when I bought them. The only thing new that was higher priced were the Mixels. They were $5.50.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,105
    That is a problem with TRU.. No standardization. Some stores honor multiple discounts, some do not. Some have LEGO at retail some do not. I have even seen prices jacked up higher at one store than another and both were over retail.. Some stores get the polybags, some don't... it is REALLY ridiculous
  • ZonZon Member Posts: 214
    Got some good mileage out of TRU's $15 off $50 deal last week. I bought 3x #76017 (at proper retail price!) and parted out the minifigs from two of them which ended up paying for all 3! Then, this week I asked Target if they price match TRU and they do. So I picked up #76016 and #76018 for BOGO 50% off (though they said they don't honor BOGO deals, but since they told me they would price match, they would honor it this time only).

That got me $115(plus tax) of new Marvel stuff for $77. I'll take it!