Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Bluefairy_56: Looking for assistance completing the Harry Potter Knight Bus

Bluefairy_56Bluefairy_56 Member Posts: 320
edited February 2014 in Buying & Selling Topics
Hi,
I have only started collecting Lego recently, I am collecting the Harry Potter sets, and I have just found this web site site, which is great. I have been buying sets with some pieces missing and I have been able to find most of the pieces I need to complete the sets on eBay, with no problem...

Unfortunately I didn't realise how unique the pieces for the Knight Bus are...I need two pieces, a 2x2 M. Lilac brick and a 1x3 M. Lilac inverted Roof tile.

I could get the 2x2 brick from the Lego.com web site but they are charging $25 postage for 4 of these, and they don't have the inverted one. I have tried eBay and I have only been able to substitute 4 1x2 plates for the time being, but I can't find where I can get the two missing pieces from...

Can anyone help?

Thank you
Lynn

Comments

• madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,179
    edited February 2014
    Bricklink.com or Brickowl.com. Many have both new and used part.
    Bricklink.com:
    Just go up to the search drop down field.
    Click on Catalog items, type in the set number, and search.
    Should bring up the set with a little 'inv' next to it, click on that and it will tell you the parts for that set, the color and have a link to the part number click on the part number link and it will show you all the different colors and click on that and it will bring up all of the stores selling those parts, you can also then refine the search by looking for all new parts .
    You also have to build an account and having a paypal account helps. Some sites will take cash, but most take paypal

Bluefairy_56
  • Bluefairy_56Bluefairy_56 Member Posts: 320
    Thank you for that, yes I have a PayPal account.
    Off to check it out. Thank you so much.
    Lynn
  • emilewskiemilewski CT, USAMember Posts: 475
    Uh oh...she's lost down that slippery slope.
  • Bluefairy_56Bluefairy_56 Member Posts: 320
    I have since found a place that has these two bricks. I'm just waiting for an invoice.
    Thanks for the help
    indigobox