Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

21010 Robie House - Instructions Book

bricknationbricknation Member Posts: 703
edited August 2011 in Collecting
I had a closer look at the 200 page instructions book and true the castle in the background looks like nanoblocks - some of you said and I too think it is strange to have other building bricks in LEGO instructions but why not since the designer is free to play with other brands.

That isn't all what is strange.

Table of contents is... completely wrong - actual page numbers in brackets.

Federick C. Robie™ House.................................................5 (5)
Design and construction of Federick C. Robie™ House....6 (6)
From 1910 to today..........................................................12 (2)
Frank Lioyd Wright............................................................14 (15 - it starts to go wrong here)
Facts about Federick C Robie™ House..............................15 (16)
Word from the Artist.........................................................176 (192 - a difference of 16 pages? hmmm...)
The 'Scale Model' line-LEGO Architecture in the 1960s....177 (193)
References........................................................................179 (195)

How can anyone print a 200 page book and not check if the table of contents corresponds with reality?

That still isn't all. This time it involves the famous 21011 Brandenburg Gate.

Apparently it was meant to be secret until release in September in Germany. Even without my involvement in revealing it, it wouldn't stay secret for any longer than August 27. Why?
Robie House 'was' supposed to be released and first available for sale in Chicago at a special event at Robie House on August 27. Page 195 of it's instructions book contains an image of 21011 Brandenburg Gate.

I see no logic here...