Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Hello from another dane

RattusNRattusN Member Posts: 1
edited February 2014 in Introduce yourself
Hi everyone.

My name is Kenny, I'm 37 years old and I live in Denmark near Copenhagen with my girlfriend.
I don't have any kids of my own yet (but we hope to get some before I turn 40.

And after more than 20 years in "the dark age", I'm now back to LEGO.
It all began about 2,5 years ago when I became an uncle for the first time and talked with my brother about all our old LEGO from the childhood about 6 month later I decided to find all my LEGO and check which sets was complete and what bricks had disappeared.

For 2 weeks I was sitting on the floor in our livingroom and building all my old sets.

And then LEGO released the Lord of the Rings theme and as a huge fan of both the Lord of The Rings and The Hobbit movies, I started to think about if I should collect these LEGO sets, but more than a year went by and The Hobbit theme where also released and I started to talk with my girlfriend through 5 years and she totally supported my thoughts of collecting LEGO.
And so, in the fall of 2013 I bought Shelob Attack and this was only the begining.

Right now, this is my Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit collection
9469 - Gandalf Arrives
9470 - Shelob Attacks
9472 - Attack On Weathertop
9473 - The Mines of Moria
9474 - The Battle of Helm's Deep
30213 - Gandalf at Dol Guldur
79003 - An Unexpected Journey

And all models are built and is on display in a glass cabinet (DETOLF from IKEA) in our livingroom.
Unfortunately The Battle of Helm's Deep is too wide, so the part with the "exploding wall" is not attached.

I really hope we can move to a bigger place within the next 2 years, so I can get some bigger cabinets with more space inside and a room were I can build some MOCs.

When I have completed my Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit collection, I think I will start to collect the Star Wars sets related to the original trilogy (I really don't like the "new" trilogy), and if it is possible I also want to collect the sets from Pirates of the Caribbean and Indiana Jones.

I do have other hobbies too.
I have 4 pet rats, 2 fat sandrats, a little corn snake and a medium sized ball python (which doesn't get to eat any of our pets but he is eating rats though), and my girlfriend has 2 rabbits, 2 fat tailed gerbils, 1 bigger egyptian gerbil and a syrian hamster and together we have a ragdoll cat, two dogs (a cavalier king charles mix and a new foundlander), and previously both I and my girlfriend has breeded pet rats and other rodents but we lost that interest a few years ago.
And then I like to sit and code in PHP, althoug I haven't done that for about 4 months now.

That was just a little (plus some) about me, a new user in here :)

Comments

• BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,770
    Welcome Kenny
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,546
    Welcome @RattusN You've certainly got lego interests after my own heart. I too like the film themes, and broke out of my dark age around about when the Star Wars prequels became sets. Tentative steps (and empty pockets) meant I mostly looked at, but didn't buy, much of anything at first, but just appreciated from a distance the novelty of what Lego was doing. Woooh, that meant some lovely sets went by, and now I think, gosh darn it, look at what they'd be worth today!

Fast forward to today, if it like it, i (try to) buy it... i'll never find a use for these pockets. ;o)