Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

I need help at Gravatar.com

Peter1975Peter1975 DeventerMember Posts: 165
edited February 2014 in Brickset.com
With the new website design, I'm trying to get my Avatar back. I follow the link to Gravatar.com, but when I want to log in, seems that I can't because my username is allready in use....
So am I not allowed to upload my old avatar. Or is the only option to use a new username, allthought I use this one for years...

Who has an answer?

Regards, Peter1975

Comments

• HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,457
    Avatars are linked to brickset using email addresses so as long as you register there with the one you use here it'll be displayed.
  • plasmodiumplasmodium UKMember Posts: 1,936
    I thought I'd piggyback on this thread rather than start a new one. Obviously, I've seen people on the new site using their forum profile pics. I see that the two accounts (main site and forum) are linked now somehow, however, it hasn't picked up the link between my two yet.
    Is there a way to force it to link them?
    The thought struck me that I may be registered with different email addresses on the two sites, is there a way to check (or indeed change) which email addresses I am using?
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,453
    edited February 2014
    There's no link at all between the two accounts. I simply use the profile picture I have here on the forums as my Gravatar profile picture, which is used on the main site.
    ^That's what I thought till I read @Huw's post above mine.
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,453
    If you use the same email address at Gravatar as you've used for the main Brickset site, it should show your Gravatar profile picture on the main Brickset site.

As far as I'm aware, your profiles on both Gravatar and the main Brickset site have nothing to do with your profile on the Brickset forums.
    Ah, OK, thanks. I can see how I got the wrong end of the stick now. :)
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,457
    ^^ Correct, when I said 'here' above I meant 'the main site' not 'the forum'.

However there is a forum plug-in, which is enabled, which purports to "Implements Gravatar avatars for all users who have not uploaded their own custom profile picture & icon" but I can't see evidence of it working.