RRP in other currencies?

peterlinddkpeterlinddk DenmarkMember Posts: 170
Hi all

I like to see what a brand new set cost back in e.g. 1985, but mostly the RRP (if present) is only in US$, and I find it very complicated to figure out what it was in e.g. DKR here in Denmark, where I bought my sets back then.

We have a discussion in the danish LUG (Byggepladen) about creating a RRP-database of danish prices.

Would it be an idea to collect as many RRPs as possible from different countries for Brickset? Or would it be unnessacary cluttering of information, since we still need to take inflation and other factors into account?

What do you various nationalities say? Does Brickset need more RRPs? And what does Huw say? Is it even possible to add?
laksefarvet

Comments

• KiwiLegoMeisterKiwiLegoMeister New ZealandMember Posts: 212
    I simply took the rrp , converted at the into my local currency; and then multiplied out by the , to arrive at a current rrp in my local country.
    I did this for my entire collection, for insurance purposes.

And for high-value sets, I used BrickLink recent sales prices (in my local currency).
    My total replacement value is somewhere over $85,000USD. (its probably higher, but I ran out of inventoriable items at about that point).
    Spreadsheets are wonderful calculators.

My insurer agrees I am fully covered!