Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

For Sale (Charity): full set of The LEGO Movie Minifigures (UK) with £16 donation to Fairy Bricks

StormKittyStormKitty Member Posts: 268
I have managed to get a few full sets of The LEGO Movie Minifigures this weekend at WHSmiths using (or rather reusing) my £5 off £12 vouchers, each set roughly costing £24 (or £23.97 to be exact).

I am offering these at £40 (RRP £39.84) plus postage (your choice of First Class Signed For at £4.10 or Second Class Signed For at £3.70), thus allowing the £16 'savings' to be donated to Fairy Bricks as agreed by @SirKevbags.

I currently have two full sealed sets available so PM me if you are interested in purchasing one.

@akunthita, please pass on my thanks again to the wonderful William and his amazing guide http://thebrickblogger.com/2014/01/guide-to-feeling-for-the-lego-movie-minifigs/

Thanks for looking :)

KT
SirKevbagsscrumpercheshirecatCCCrichoArielaBooTheMightyHamsterindigobox

Comments

• akunthitaakunthita USAMember Posts: 1,026
    I will let William know that you were succesful in your hunt. Thanks for sharing!..(c:
    StormKitty
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,546
    PM'd
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    Pmd
  • StormKittyStormKitty Member Posts: 268
    First set sold :), £16 on its way to FB @SirKevbags.
    cheshirecatSirKevbags
    edited February 2014
    Prospective buyers: don't be put off by my PM. Stormkitty still has set(s) available.

:o)
  • alexwilalexwil UKMember Posts: 362
    Pm'd
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,283
    Also PM'd.
    edited February 2014
    I think someone might need to get back to Smiths! ;-)
    Legoboy
    ^ Lol! I am more than happy to do that as my vouchers are good until Sunday.

PMs replied to.
    Both sets sold now and a third set 'ordered' ;-), thanks guys! Like I mentioned earlier, vouchers are good until Sunday so I am happy to take orders if anyone else is interested, just drop me a PM.

KT
    cheshirecatSirKevbagsLegoMom1
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    Watch out Reseller Challenge 2015........ @StormKitty is coming to get you........
    ^as if! That's the big boys league.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,700

Watch out Reseller Challenge 2015........ @StormKitty is coming to get you........

I thought one could start whenever but had to start on the same $0 profit.

I'm putting @StormKitty forward to start now. Not that I'm remotely interested in the crappy figs, but if she takes us up on it, and only if, she's got a fourth order.

^ The ship has sailed. It's very much an instant profit handover.
    Big bag of lovely sealed cmfs arrived today. Thank you @StormKitty!
    StormKitty
    ^ you are very welcome. Just back from you know where and someone else will be getting a full set posted out to them tomorrow ;-)
  • BooTheMightyHamsterBooTheMightyHamster Northern edge of London, just before the dragons...Member Posts: 1,283
    \o/

/does the I'm-getting-some-minifigs dance!
    StormKittyalexwil
  • alexwilalexwil UKMember Posts: 362
    Mine turned up today as well! Thanks @stormkitty
    StormKitty
    ^ thank you for buying a set and helping to spread the FB love!
    So, three sets sold and thanks to all three of you and your ever so generous additional donations, a grand total of £61.70 has now been sent onto Fairy Bricks :-)

The other bit of good news is that I got a new till spit earlier with another £5 off £12 spend valid until Sunday 16 February, so if anyone else is still after a set then PM me.

CCC
    I think the postman tried to deliver this morning, but we were out. Will have to wait until Monday evening to pop down to the sorting office.
    :o(
    ^ Oh no! Will you still be able to keep up your 'I'm-getting-some-minifigs' dance all weekend now? ;-)
    scrumper
    A package has landed, wooooo! :oD

...unofficially (as it's not signed for yet). :o/

The postie's electronic signage tool wasn't working, (apparently modern day life hasn't heard of pen and paper to sign with, and I'm left assuming we never sent packages until the invention of mobile electronic GPS tracking devices)... So he needs to come back again later to sign it off. :oS

Ughhhhh, what a stupid way round to do things. Either let me just scribble on some paper, OR bring the parcel when the gizmo works. But no, I have to wait aaaaaall day now, for the postie to come back with his electric gizmo.

What would he do if i just went out? Stand around outside the house all day, waiting for me to return? :o.

:oP
  • tom4086tom4086 Member Posts: 689
    Nope, he'd leave you a nice piece of red card, telling you he'd been and if you still want your parcel it would be at the sorting office, after a few days, who only open in the morning, typically have no parking and close earlier on a Saturday than any other day. Oh, and theyre closed on Sundays...
    Or even better forget to leave the card, so you have no idea theres a parcel waiting for you...
    ^^^ lol, it'll be worth the wait @legomatt.

Posted a couple more parcels earlier. Some very generous people out there, a further £67.30 to pass onto Fairy Bricks thanks to @legomatt, @tom4086 and @MinifigsMe :-) If my maths is correct, it should be a grand collective total of £129.00 raised so far.

I'm still happy to take more orders as my new vouchers are valid until Sunday 16 February.
    cheshirecatSirKevbagsMinifigsMeLostInTranslation
    That's brilliant @StormKitty

We're almost half way through opening our set with my two boys. So much easier knowing there won't be any duplicates. Thank you!
    It is an amazing effort :-) I wonder how many packets have been felt to to pull these sets together?
    So rewarding to hear my efforts are bringing your boys some joy @cheshirecat

^ alot of fondling of alot of shiny packets with alot of bemused stares from other shoppers but all usually rewarded by some ever so handsome cashiers ;-)
    edited February 2014
    tom4086 said:

Nope, he'd leave you a nice piece of red card, telling you if you still want your parcel it would be at the sorting office, after a few days, who only open in the morning, have no parking and close earlier on a Saturday and theyre closed on Sundays...

Oh yes, I've had that too. The funniest one is when they post a 'you have a letter with insufficient postage on, please collect' through the box... It always leaves me thinking, you've come all this way out, to hand me what is effectively a letter complaining that to come out and bring me the other letter (the same journey, the same effort) was not worth the effort... they can't just bring the original letter and let me hand them the difference. Well, I don't know if the postie did come back today, I opened the package anyway... (I can only assume he meant he'd sign his machine on my behalf at the depo but garbled it to sound like i'd be signing it... he did have an odd look on his face... I wonder if he walked away thinking 'I've just said the daftest thing to that bloke...').

Anyway, these occasional absurdities aside, I do actually appreciate what little we have left of the Royal Mail. Such a shame they will be next in line after hospitals to be carved up by the asset strippers we call government... but that's for another topic.
    /stops doing the 'I'm-getting-some-minifigs' dance long enough to go the sorting office

I've just finished opening all the bags, and I bow down before the mad skillz of @StormKitty - all the way through, I was thinking 'There's going to be a double.'

No doubles!

Awesome! Thank you so much, StormKitty! A perfect set in one go.

/throws shapes and does the 'I've-got-a-complete-set' groove
    /Mrs Boo gives disapproving look and starts moving the breakables
    SirKevbagsStormKittykhmellymelcarlqindigobox
    Another full set just purchased by @Kyoshisama, another £16 sent onto Fairy Bricks, grand total of £145 donated thanks to everyone :-)

My last set of £5 off £12 vouchers end this Sunday if anyone else is interested. Sadly, the new ones I have in my purse which start next week are £5 off £20 spends giving only a measely 25% discount.
    cheshirecatCheekaLostInTranslation
    Another set just ordered :-)
    cheshirecat
    You must be a complete pro at feeling those figures now. We're down to the last two left to open of ours and they've been a perfect set.
    StormKitty
    edited February 2014
    ^they are double checked in the store and then checked again before they get parcelled up, not that I'm paranoid or anything ;-)
    LostInTranslation
  • FollowsCloselyFollowsClosely Member Posts: 949
    If you are still doing this, hw much for a set of 16 to the states?
  • Jabba_the_TaffJabba_the_Taff Member Posts: 211
    I'll take a set if this (and a PM) gets to you before tomorrow!
    ^^help please! Anyone out there know the postage price off the top of their head to send out a parcel to US using the equivalent of a UK Signed For service?

@Jabba_the_Taff‌, PM sent.
  • Bluefairy_56Bluefairy_56 Member Posts: 320
    I'm not sure what happened to my post, as it's no longer here :(

I asked if you post to Australia too?

Thanks
    ^I didnt see that post either. Anyone in the community know rough prices of parcels to US and Australia please? :-) I'm clueless on either.
    edited March 2014
    http://www.royalmail.com/price-finder

At 350g (no idea if thats a reasonable guess) its £7.50 normal or £12 signed for to both Australia and USA. So its annoyingly expensive is the answer. That said, i remember for the stig keychain giveaway someone got one in Aus that was just posted with a 2nd class stamp - but probably not worth the risk!
    StormKitty
  • scrumperscrumper UKMember Posts: 323
    There are too many variables for a simple answer but royalmail.com/pricefinder should give you the info.
    StormKitty
    Thank you guys! I had just about mastered Royal Mail Signed For services so was at a total loss for overseas as you can guess ;-)

A full set in their jiffy bag weighs 215g, so @FollowsClosely‌ and @Bluefairy_56‌, do you guys want to have a think about the postage costs and PM me again?

I'm out for the day now so will try check and reply to PMs later when I get a chance.

@ 215g its £4.50 or £10 signed for.
    StormKitty
  • Bluefairy_56Bluefairy_56 Member Posts: 320
    Thanks @StormKitty‌ that converts to $48.74. I think I'll leave it. I hate postage prices overseas. Though UK prices are better than US, it was going to cost me $25 postage for 2x2 brick from Lego.

Maybe next time. Thanks again.
    ^absolutely no worries :-)
    Another two full sets packaged up and ready for posting tomorrow. Thanks to @Brewer51 and @Jabba_the_Taff, I been able to pass on another £32 to Fairy Bricks making it a grand total of £177, thank you both :-)

My final £5 off £12 voucher has been used and fully abused today, it has now expired but I did get some new £5 off £15 spend ones today which are valid until Sunday 16 March. It won't be a full £16 per set donation using the new vouchers but we would still be passing on a £13.28 donation per set to Fairy Bricks if anyone else is interested.

cheshirecatSirKevbags
  • Brewer51Brewer51 Member Posts: 248
    16 different figs, not a duplicate in sight. Excellent work! :-)
    StormKitty
  • JonJon Member Posts: 4
    @StormKitty - am I right in thinking you have 1 set left?
    I'm taking orders @Jon, drop me a PM if you are interested in a set :-)