Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

March 2014 LEGO Polybag With Purchase: Martian Manhunter

YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
This discussion was created from comments split from: Super Heroes 2014.

Comments

• LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,520
    Cool!! But, but, but.... where is our Green Lantern?!
    GCSLegoAdzbadboylegomatt
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,821
    ^^ what a cute fig!
  • AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,809
    neomonkey said:
    Fantastic! I would not have expected to see a Martian Manhunter in sets any time in the next few years just because he's not nearly as well-known as a lot of "costumed" superheroes like Superman, Batman, Flash, Aquaman, and even Green Lantern. He might have shown up as a Comic-Con fig because those have occasionally been more obscure characters or costumes that you need a bit of "nerd cred" to be familiar with, but a GWP polybag is even better because it means wider availability.

I definitely agree, Green Lantern is now the main Justice League character in need of a wider release (preferably in a non-movie-inspired version of his costume like the others). No idea when or how that might come about. I know the disappointment from the Green Lantern movie put a damper on toy manufacturers' desire to produce toys for retail sale based on that character, but since the LEGO Group has gone ahead and made figures for regular release of such characters as Aquaman and now Martian Manhunter, I have no doubt in my mind that completing the original Justice League is a goal they have, whether an immediate or eventual one.

Any Justice League fans able to shed some light on what depiction this particular version of his costume ultimately comes from?
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,272
    I am very excited to get my hands on that Minifigure, a great addition to the growing Justice League. Cyborg and Green Lantern are now the only two I am really desperate for.

But still, I am desperate for more Batman villains...
  • BrickDancerBrickDancer Dunes of TatooineMember Posts: 3,639
    Martian Manhunter?!?! Good one TLG! It's been a Good Friday that just keeps getting better.
  • CircleKCircleK U.S. - Columbus, OhioMember Posts: 1,055
    YESSSSS!!!!
  • FrictionPinFrictionPin Member Posts: 144
    Booyah!
  • luckie_reubsluckie_reubs Member Posts: 299
    So does this mean I have to find my way to a LEGO shop, or will I be able to get this online? I've got my eye on a few Superhero sets (that I was hoping to get on sale at some point), but I'll bite for the MM...
  • jediami65jediami65 United StatesMember Posts: 474
    C
    neomonkey said:

The Martian Manhunter is coming in March!

Great looking Figure. I agree with Rex101: Cyborg would be nice and all 4 Human GLs even better and must haves

CRAP!!! I was just setting my budget for February.... Where's that money tree?!?!?! Now I have to spend, spend and spend some more to get this. Well hope the kid's good grades keep coming.
  • GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 659
    Now that's a freebie I can get behind.
  • richlrichl NYCMember Posts: 245
    edited February 2014
    I would never have expected this! Brilliant!
  • vitreolumvitreolum RomaniaMember Posts: 1,406
    Nice one!
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,835
    edited February 2014
    That is what I get for not waiting to see the March freebie before ordering. Hmm... I guess I need to buy more things now
  • GeddesGeddes Member Posts: 574
    edited February 2014
    Aanchir said:

Any Justice League fans able to shed some light on what depiction this particular version of his costume ultimately comes from?
    New 52 I believe

• Gooker1Gooker1 Member Posts: 590
    Wow...sooo unexpected and so great. Like someone said above, this screams SDCC more than store freebie so kudos Lego!!!!
  • Steve_J_OMSteve_J_OM Cork, IrelandMember Posts: 942
    Wow, that is out of the blue! Fantastic, cannot wait.
  • bmwlegobmwlego Long Island, New YorkMember Posts: 766
    edited February 2014
    Loving the Super Heroes line!
  • hoyatableshoyatables Northern Virginia, USAMember Posts: 863
    March is often double VIP. Extra sweet.
  • luckie_reubsluckie_reubs Member Posts: 299
    Geddes said:

Aanchir said:

New 52 I believe

Looks like new 52 to me, too.
  • jediami65jediami65 United StatesMember Posts: 474
    Aanchir said:

neomonkey said:

The Martian Manhunter is coming in March!

Here are some images: to me it looks like it is based on the new DC52/ Injustice Gods game figures (first 2 images) not on the JLU figure in 3rd/4th images. I wish they had made or make the JLU version and the clear/transparent version would be great too.

• GoldchainsGoldchains Member Posts: 795
    That is completely awesome. We should see new DC and Marvel Superhero sets around that time as well, and if we get double VIP points? How can you go wrong? I can't wait! I want it now!
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257

Here's hoping. But wouldn't it be on the calendar?
  • NellyNelly Member Posts: 77
    It has been double VIP the last few years, but not this year it seems. I was hoping to make a dent in my exclusives wanted list in March with the double VIP but I can't hold out much longer.
  • LBRemployeeLBRemployee Member Posts: 1

So does this mean I have to find my way to a LEGO shop, or will I be able to get this online? I've got my eye on a few Superhero sets (that I was hoping to get on sale at some point), but I'll bite for the MM...

Since nearly all of Lego's in store promotions also apply online; to ensure all customers get fair access to perks, I'm sure you will be able to reeve this GWP when you spend over $75 online!
  • HarryPotterLoverHarryPotterLover Member Posts: 238
    I always thought the only way they would only ever put The Martian Manhunter as a Comic-Con exclusive. I then saw this thread and actually gasped out loud :D
  • DougTemplarDougTemplar Edinburgh, ScotlandMember Posts: 546
    Stupid question time as I normally don't pay too much attention to these sort of things - BUT IT'S MARTIAN MANHUNTER!

Will this offer also be available in the UK?
  • devilheaddevilhead Member Posts: 280

Isn't it May that's usually Double VIP points?

• dannyrwwdannyrww WisconsinMember Posts: 1,333
    Drat....no major purchasing for me for awhile. Sadly I'll have to miss out on Martian Man Hunter...which is a shame because I'd love to have all the big seven justice leaguers.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 5,835
    dannyrww said:

Drat....no major purchasing for me for awhile. Sadly I'll have to miss out on Martian Man Hunter...which is a shame because I'd love to have all the big seven justice leaguers.

Hey now, it is easy to come up with an excuse. Buy future birthday gifts for any and everyone you can think of. Christmas even. Buy something as tradebait then list it here. Buy something for FairyBricks. Buy something just because it is Lego!

You will regret it 6 months later when the only way to get one is paying through the nose for it on eBay/BL/BO. - Guy who wanted a VW van poly but didn't get one and is not willing to pay $30 for one.

• BeavBeav Member Posts: 303
    Wow that's out of the blue.

I know nothing about Martian Manhunter but he looks brilliant and will be a great addition to the Superhero figs. I will definitely be waiting for this to get any of the new Marvel/DC sets.
    The reason is easy...it is having the money that is hard :)
  • hoyatableshoyatables Northern Virginia, USAMember Posts: 863
    I seem to always remember March as double VIP. Usually also had a coupon to pair with it from the winter catalog in past years....
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    edited February 2014

dannyrww said:

Hey now, it is easy to come up with an excuse. Buy future birthday gifts for any and everyone you can think of. Christmas even. Buy something as tradebait then list it here. Buy something for FairyBricks. Buy something just because it is Lego!

You will regret it 6 months later when the only way to get one is paying through the nose for it on eBay/BL/BO. - Guy who wanted a VW van poly but didn't get one and is not willing to pay $30 for one.

Quoting the wise words of @piratemania7 from the purchase-regret thread...

For me personally, any set that I have bought to "bring me over" the threshold on [email protected] to get free shipping or the free poly. I look afterwards and kick myself for not just paying for shipping or getting the poly on BL or something similar. Also, any set that is outside of the core themes I am committed too; once in a while I just want to splurge and get something new, but I always end up regretting it!

• BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,366
    dannyrww said:

You should be able to find them on ebay by Mid-March in the $10-15 range. Possibly even less. Just make sure you look for them while the promotion is still going.
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    edited February 2014
    Edited: (I don't know my comics...)
    iccarus said:

dannyrww said:

You should be able to find them on ebay by Mid-March in the $10-15 range. Possibly even less. Just make sure you look for them while the promotion is still going.
    Thanks for the advice. I'll have to try that
  • tmgm528tmgm528 Member Posts: 454
    legomatt said:

Edited: (I don't know my comics...)

The Infamous Matt doesn't know something or have a witty comment to make! *Gasp* :P

I think this looks excellent, Quite surprised they chose him in all honesty but I won't complain! Granted I don't have 75 dollars worth of stuff I want sooo ebay it is
    legomatt
  • veign06veign06 USAMember Posts: 136
    hmm no chance the new Super Heroes sets come out in March? would make sense to offer a minifig when they are actually released lol. I got excited when I saw the listings already on TRU. My daughter has been wanting the Cinderella castle set so I could hold off on that till march I suppose.
  • RomanticWarriorRomanticWarrior United StatesMember Posts: 248
    I believe the two new DC sets will be released in March, because they are shown on the (US) calendar. In fact, the Steamroller is the main image above the calendar.
    @veign06 #76017 Capt America and #76018 Hulk release in March.
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    edited February 2014
    @tmgm528

:o)

I originally posted something along lines of it being odd that they'd choose to release this character as a promo without the associated 'poster boy' Green Lantern - I was mistakenly thinking this guy is part of the wider green lantern stories - which could've meant people might not bother with the promo if there's no green lantern... and then if they did do green lantern set(s) later, some people might pass on those, if having missed the promo team member.

... but then i googled and found this guy isn't a 'green lantern' side-character as such, but part of the justice league. So i retracted my comment, leaving I don't know my comics.

RomanticWarrior
  • veign06veign06 USAMember Posts: 136

@veign06 #76017 Capt America and #76018 Hulk release in March.

Yep those are the ones...the catalog image said April but if these are available in March, I am set :)

• MattPetersenMattPetersen Florida, USAMember Posts: 282
    Well, I'll be getting at him!!
    Now I just need GREEN LANTERN!!!!
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    edited March 2014
    Just read it was sold out but it still shows as going into the cart...
    Yep. Just called CS. Martian Manhunters are GONE!
    FollowsClosely
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,374
    That sucks. I was hoping to order a few things :(
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    ^ That's why its a good idea to order as soon as possible.
    FollowsClosely
  • ZonZon Member Posts: 214

Yep. Just called CS. Martian Manhunters are GONE!

That was fast! It's still pretty early in the month too.

• Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,374
    The Minifigure still gets added to my cart when I checkout.