Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Brickset.com site issues

1111213141517»

Comments

• OdeinoichusOdeinoichus CanadaMember Posts: 355
    edited September 27
    I've been going over Minifigures lately to update my off site list and I've noticed a few curious things.

Several items in Super Mario are not yet attributed to sets, the 'Minifigures' are in the database but are attributed to 0 sets. Despite clearly being the Blind Bag Build-A-Figures.

The DK Books of old, Brickmaster mostly, no longer have Minifigure listings for Castle (Fantasy Era), Pirates, Ninjago or indeed most of the Brickmaster Books with Bricks releases. If they ever had them to begin with. And some of the DK Books with Minifigure Exclusives such as the NEXO Knights Character Encyclopedia have them listed in the database, but attribute them to 0 Sets meaning they are not currently counted in my collection unless I add them manually. (But if they ever get attributed to the sets/books they came with I'd have two then, so I'm holding off on adding them manually until I know if they will never be attributed to sets.)

Certain Themes include Minifigures twice, ones with stickers and ones without or other accessories omitted but attribute them to 0 sets so they don't inflate the count... I suppose that's one reason, I can't understand why Bricklink would list Minfigures by separate codes like that, either you apply the stickers or you don't, but it's still the same basic minifigure. Seems odd for them to do that, but it's nice that we can view them in the database. Just an observation.

Other Minifigures that do this though are mysteries to me, I can't figure out, for example, who or where some of these 0 set Minifigures and Minidolls come from. There's one listing in Disney Princess for a 'Girl' character, seemingly generic, attributed to 0 sets. Who is she, where did she come from? Is it some kind of make-and-take at the parks or something that I never heard about before?

One final observation, did some of these Minfigure Descriptions really go into so much detail before?  It seems LEGO may have been updating details or something over on Bricklink because there is an awful lot of words to describe a Minifigure compared to simply just using a generic name or term. Like Pete and Yve over in Ideas from the Exo-Suit... I seem to recall them only being listed as Pete and Yve before, but now they describe their entire look and then put Pete and Yve in brackets at the end. Just seems like an overly convoluted way to label Minifigures. What is LEGO doing over on Bricklink???
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,725
    The Super Mario figs should be added overnight. The problem is that BL numbers their blind bags in a different way to us so I have to manually insert data into a cross-reference table.

The DK book issue will be similar, but it seems BrickLink regularly renumbers them and we have no way of automatically knowing when, and what to.  We should sort it, but it's not a priority. If anyone wants to lend a hand, get in touch!

The sticker issue, we can't do much about. Until recently we excluded all figures that occur in 0 sets to hide this problem, but that upset some collectors/completests.

All the 0 set minifigs can be seen here: https://brickset.com/minifigs/excluded.

• LebosteinLebostein GermanyMember Posts: 38
    edited October 5
    wrong post
  • hleonffuhleonffu USAMember Posts: 241
    I am having an issue login into Brickset.com from either my PC (Chrome) or mobile (Safari or Chrome). It looks like it is rejecting my password.
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UK / KLMember Posts: 3,848
    At a guess, I'd say you're trying the wrong password ;)
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 3,445
    edited October 16
    hleonffu said:
    I am having an issue login into Brickset.com from either my PC (Chrome) or mobile (Safari or Chrome). It looks like it is rejecting my password.
    Caps lock stuck on?
    Also, remember BS and BS Forums have different credentials.
  • welo999welo999 AustriaMember Posts: 32
    I'm missing the "in x Sets" info which was shown beneath minifig entries in gallery view. Still there in table view. Has something changed?
    This was very useful, especially in the set entries.

Astrobricks
    Its back now.
    AstrobricksVorpalRyuwelo999
  • Speedman29Speedman29 UKMember Posts: 1,641
    Running Chrome as my browser. Just recently noticed an issue with filtering sets. For example if I select "sets you own" I get 1043. If I then try and filter to Technic or a particular year, the page looks as though its about to load, but just continues to show the same number of sets. It highlights the filter option (year, theme, etc) and then puts the quantity in brackets at the end.
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 553
    edited November 21
    Edit: Nevermind. Remembered that there's a separate Forums section. Will post there! :)
  • vanvonfullvanvonfull washingtonMember Posts: 130
    The word “official” is spelled incorrectly as “offical” anywhere I’ve seen the tag for a “offical brickset review” on product pages. 

Astrobricks
    I wondered who'd spot that first :)

I'll get it sorted, thanks.