Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

New Ninjago episodes start tonight.

tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,925
This is too late for many, but it just hit me that I did not see this posted at all.

New Ninjago TV episodes started today. My 7 year old knew somehow. :-)

Comments

• AanchirAanchir United StatesMember Posts: 2,704
    Yep, I have it recording. I can't watch it tonight because Wednesday night is when most of the sitcoms my family watches get new episodes — didn't have that problem when I was at college!
  • akunthitaakunthita USAMember Posts: 1,024
    Yeah, the kids on my blog are going crazy over it! They have been waiting for this for so long, and for kids waiting always feels even longer than for adults. :D
  • tamamahmtamamahm Member Posts: 1,925
    Yes, my 7 year old was equally as excited. As soon as he walked in the door, he ran over to the TV to see if it was on yet. Since we got home late, it already was recorded. He was one happy kid, and of course my girls immediately watched as well.

• WatfordScottyMWatfordScottyM Member Posts: 384
    Is there a way that I can watch these with my son in the UK?
    edited January 2014

In the past, the LEGO Group has posted them to the Ninjago website, but they are not in the best quality from my recollection, and those don't seem to be up for any previous seasons since the site was revamped for 2014, so maybe I wouldn't count on that, at least not in the near future.

Previous seasons of the show are also available for digital purchase in the US through services like Amazon Instant Video and iTunes, but sadly this seems to be region-specific since I don't see this option on the UK version of Amazon.com or iTunes.

Or if you want to go the less legal route, they used to get uploaded to YouTube fairly soon after airing in the US. That's what I did sometimes while I was at college if I didn't have access to cable television.
  • Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 775
    Aanchir said:

Previous seasons of the show are also available for digital purchase in the US through services like Amazon Instant Video and iTunes, but sadly this seems to be region-specific since I don't see this option on the UK version of Amazon.com or iTunes.
    A little note about purchasing the second season from the official source. Apparently the sound and framerate (how fast the show goes for the uninitiated) are slower than the version of the episodes that aired on Cartoon Network. If you have a diehard Ninjago fan in the house, I'm sure it won't go without being noticed.
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    edited January 2014
    @WatfordScottyM - Not sure about this series, but all the old series are on netflix (so persumably this one will end up there). Free trail for a month, so no reason not to.

Actually also found a mavel super heroes lego film and a lego atlantis one on there, neither of which i knew existed.
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,874
    ^Love that Super Heroes mini episode. Wish they had a series like Ninjago.
  • VBaskin2008VBaskin2008 Member Posts: 181
    Maybe 1 day they will.
    So was that it for Ninjago? They had the two episodes on the one Wednesday, but nothing last week and it looks like nothing this week. We had thought they were going to have a few episodes and not just a one night special. Does anyone know?
    tamamahm said:

So was that it for Ninjago? They had the two episodes on the one Wednesday, but nothing last week and it looks like nothing this week. We had thought they were going to have a few episodes and not just a one night special. Does anyone know?

They're basically airing the new episodes in one-hour blocks on specific days rather than one-episode-per-week like they used to do it. There are eight episodes announced for this year (counting the two that have aired). They just haven't given any specific confirmation of when the next two will be airing.
    edited February 2014
    Ach. What an odd way to do things, and frustrating for kids. I would also think a solid 2 month of new shows would do more for a line compared to a few 'specials'.
    ETA: My son was very excited last week for Ninjago to be back, and I suspect he was not the only one disappointed to not find it one tv last week.
  • Penkid11Penkid11 Member Posts: 775
    I'm a bit put back at this as well. If the lack of weekly episodes is the cost for something else, I wonder what it is (might be the Ninjago Movie slated for next year, but who knows, or possibly an attempt at putting all focus on Chima)?
    On the other side of the coin, Mixels starts up in the next couple of weeks. They are mini-sodes but have a bit of an entertainment value. Legends of Chima on the other hand, is probably going to get another 20 episode season (unneeded, but will still watch. It has been confirmed that there will be a new season though) what with having to deal with both arachnids/bats and ice age zombies.
    Ugh. Twenty more episodes of Chima? We have not been able to tolerate this show. Has it gotten any better?
    tamamahm said:

Ugh. Twenty more episodes of Chima? We have not been able to tolerate this show. Has it gotten any better?

I hear from others that it has but I haven't watched it to find out for myself.

Anyway, just a reminder that the next two Ninjago episodes will be premiering this Wednesday! Titles are "Black Out" and "The Curse of the Golden Master".

On a somewhat-related note, The Fold (the Chicago-based band that did the Ninjago theme song) has released their latest Ninjago song, "After the Blackout", as well as a music video:
    Thanks for the reminder.
    It was funny, because my 7 year old let me know over the weekend. I had no idea! He asked me when April 16th was, since the new Ninjagi episodes were coming out. Sure enough I google, and yup, the next two episodes are coming out.
    Also, it looks like Cartoon Network will be running a short Ninjago marathon of the previous eight episodes (Episode 21 "The Day Ninjago Stood Still" through episode 28 "The Art of the Silent Fist") from 1:00 to 5:00 EDT. The two new episodes will air beginning at 6:30 EDT.
    Apologies for double-posting, but Ninjago Episodes 31 and 32 are going to air tomorrow night in the U.S. All of this year's episodes have actually aired already in Australia, but I've been doing my best to avoid spoilers and wait for the official US broadcasts.
    aimlesspursuits
    Thanks! I just verified that our pass is set-up to record it!!