Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

April Fools

LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,702
edited April 2011 in Forum Operation
@Huw......Brilliant! I think in the short time the prank (or not) has been posted, you can gauge from the response so far that it's caused a bit of a buzz. Fantastic!

Comments

• vynsanevynsane Member Posts: 179
    Although half of the responses have been from people in-the-know.
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    Ha.
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,702
    I'm a tiny tiny fish who's not being doing this long, but there are a fair few names I've not seen in the forum who are genuinely excited, but don't know whether to believe it or not. Imagine waking up to this (USA) and seeing this news before midday. Huw's news (prank or not) is going to spread throughout the Lego community now and I think the Brickset website is going to receive considerably more hits than usual over the weekend with members eagerly checking for updates.
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    WHAT!!! There's a forum, why didn't anyone tell me???
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    I had to delete a post or two so far. And imperial13 seems to be Huws accountant or something. :o)
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,702
    It's actually a priviledge watching it unfold. @Huw - thank you. Small minds and all that!
  • LukeSkywalkerLukeSkywalker IrelandMember Posts: 231
    edited April 2011
    Brilliant idea @Huw! I was a bit confused that nobody mentioned the forum's actual existance in that news thread, and then it dawned on me that it's still being kept a secret for an official confirmation! ;) It can be found with a quick google of "brickset forum", I think you'll have to make an announcement soon or people will spill the beans! :)
  • OrthobotrexOrthobotrex Member Posts: 165
    edited April 2011
    So, the cat is out of the bag already?

Someone else posted a link and it goes straight to here. :-)
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,258
    So, the cat is out of the bag already?
    Yep - someone posted a link and others have picked up on it. I dropped Huw an e-mail to let him know....
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,288
    Yeah, the bricksetforum.com is not working but the posted URL going to the site does. Unfortunately that bypasses the forum intro splash screen. I'm going to delete the comment with the URL while we wait for an official announcement
  • rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,288
    Well, just as I go to do that, I see the forum appears launched :p
  • HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,450
    edited April 2011
    Yes, Dr D emailed to say the cat was out the bag so I decided to launch a few hours earlier than intended. I've deleted the direct link.