Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Need Advice on Wind Turbine

LTCSZLTCSZ USAMember Posts: 81
I want to build a couple of wind turbines for our city (lots of turbines here in Kansas!)...Anyway, I can't seem to find the right pieces to use for the "stalk" or upright piece of the turbine...I would like it to be about 8-10 inches in height...Can anyone suggest a good piece to use? Thanks a lot...

Steve

Comments

• Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,741
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    Of the two mentioned #7747 is closest in size to the size you mention. #4999 is 30 or so inches tall, not to mention hard to find at a reasonable price.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,239
    I think Russell was linking them for examples of pieces used for the vertical. The 4x4 round bricks would probably be the easiest thing for a 10" pole.
  • oldtodd33oldtodd33 Denver 4800 miles to BillundMember Posts: 2,356
    ^ Actually, I think those 1/2 round cylinders would be fine, they are available on BL and Lego's missing parts list for 7747. You would use far fewer of them than round bricks for a 10" height.
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,741
    Exactly. I think the instructions are online for both of them.
    Also, depending on if you need something able to hold some weight or just want a different look you could try something like this that I just threw together.

Lol. Now you have me building one.
  • LTCSZLTCSZ USAMember Posts: 81
    Thanks guys for the info...Off to order some parts!

Steve