Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

BRICK 2014 - 27th-30th November - Excel, London, UK

Comments

• rdflegordflego in a world of his ownMember Posts: 324
    I am now the proud owner of Sunday tickets! I am so excited to be going as I've never been to a Lego event. Thanks to my Dad for surprising me with a weekend London trip I'm going to see The Mousetrap, go to Harrods and Brick! DAMN I am excited (and probably £600 lighter come Sunday night (ouch)).
    LostInTranslationcarlqGothamConstructionCoJenni
    @Adzbadboy‌ There is an event in Brighton where Lego builders number 15 - 20 called Brighton Modelworld. I've been to the previous 2 and enjoyed both events. It does focus on train, plane and decorative hobbies more. Here is a link to the first one I went to
    Adzbadboy
  • legocity167legocity167 Member Posts: 6
    ive got a 7hour slot there
    for £60
    for 3 people
  • MojoestMojoest UKMember Posts: 474
    Adzbadboy said:

I want to grab an Exo-Suit before I go on the Friday so I can get it signed by Pete Reid and Mark Stafford, if Possible :)

When I saw this I thought what a good idea! And it is, however reading the show details on the website I saw it mention that you can't take your own lego creations into the event. I emailed them to ask if this also ment that sealed sets couldn't be taken in and whilst they didn't categorically said no, they did say:

"Bags are being searched so I would not advise you to bring it."

So I'm thinking I won't be bothering to take mine along in case they take it and I can't get it back on the way out :-(
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,398
    There have been quite a few bricklink sellers saying collect from the show. So I guess people can walk out carrying Lego. Plus some of them will have trade stalls there anyway, so they'll presumably be selling on the day.
  • iso3200iso3200 97 miles from Brickset TowersMember Posts: 2,031
    I'm attending tomorrow (Thurs), but I haven't been to the Excel before. Does anyone know what the food and refreshment facilities are like? Am I going to be charged £3.50 for a sandwich or £6 for a pie?

Should I stop off at the nearest Lidl en-route to pick up some muffins so I have more money to spend on Lego?

• trax_3trax_3 Member Posts: 59
    @iso3200 yes Excel prices for refresments can be quite expensive. I'd advise the Lidl trip
  • LegoboyLegoboy 100km furtherMember Posts: 8,695
    Exactly. Driving in tomorrow for the duration. Planning on doing a Sainsburys shop en route so will probably amount to a week's family shop except it won't consist of brown bread and raisins but instead will likely be bags of Penguins, Pringles and Coke. Don't judge me.
    rdflegoLostInTranslationcarlqAdzbadboyGothamConstructionCo
  • LostInTranslationLostInTranslation UKMember Posts: 5,497
    edited November 2014
    @legoboy don't forget a few bags of those prawn cocktail shell crisps you like ;-)
    carlqLegoboy
    You remembered. :o)
    edited November 2014
    Yeah. You'd have a Hawaiian pizza in your rucksack too if there was anywhere for you to cook it.
    I don't think I've eaten one of those Hawaiians since you used to make me eat it every time we met up at El's!
  • ShibShib UKMember Posts: 5,088
    Anyone getting a train in through Reading this morning best make other plans. Major delays from signal problems
  • augenaugen Worcester, UKMember Posts: 317

@legoboy don't forget a few bags of those prawn cocktail shell crisps you like ;-)

Skips?

The food is pricey at ExCel at around £6 for burger etc, but most of it's pretty good.

Shib said:

Anyone getting a train in through Reading this morning best make other plans. Major delays from signal problems

If you get off at Maidenhead or Slough, Ill.drive you in straight to the hotel.
    edited November 2014
    .....but you'll need to wait for me to finish the breakfast I've just been surprised with. :oDoD

obi_gLostInTranslationGothamConstructionCoAdzbadboycarlq
    augen said:

Skips?

Sainsbury's own version thereof.

@legoboy - you're so spoilt!
    Anyone want to make me breakfast before I leave at stupid o'clock on Saturday to go and be a Fairy?
    Legoboy
  • leemcgleemcg Member Posts: 607
    For those coming to the show, come up and say hello. I am sharing a table with @caperberry - lots of London buildings including 6 different scale Tower Bridges.
    carlqMinifigsMe
    edited November 2014

augen said:

Skips?

Sainsbury's own version thereof.
    Sorted.
    LostInTranslation
    I've never displayed at a show like this before and I have to say, I'm loving the response from people. It just feels like you are bringing joy to everyone. I've had lots of time to talk to visitors today as it hasn't been too busy.

Great to meet a few bricksetters today and hope to meet a few more. Mine (and @caperberry‌ 's) display has the multiple Tower Bridges on it.

Cheers

Lee
    carlq
    ^See that's the thing..... I never know if I'm chatting to a Bricksetter or not. I always forget to ask. I did indeed talk Tower Bridges with someone - and I think it was you!
    rdflego
  • AdzbadboyAdzbadboy London, UKMember Posts: 2,613
    Can someone post a picture of what's in the VIP bag, was it worth the steep price?
    I'm going to be there on Sunday so if you see a young chap walking around in a dark grey suit with a purple tie please say hi. I'm looking to really immerse myself in the community.
    Shattered - spent the afternoon with Fairy Bricks. The worst of it was helping dismantle 250 baseplates ready to start all over in the morning. Still, it was worth it.....
    carlqJessyDooDahGothamConstructionCoDanGPdino_girlEKSamiso3200StormKittyMinifigsMe
    I will be there tomorrow (Friday) I will have a A3 portfolio with me (pictures and renders of my LEGO creations)
  • SMCSMC UKMember Posts: 1,607
    Legoboy said:

Shattered - spent the afternoon with Fairy Bricks. The worst of it was helping dismantle 250 baseplates ready to start all over in the morning. Still, it was worth it.....

NO all my hard work making one today.

SirKevbags
  • yuffieyuffie Member Posts: 91
    Off up there tomorrow. Out of interest is it almost only adults there on weekdays until after 3pm with the vast majority of children of Lego building age in school?
    ^ No no. I would say a huge number of attendees today were in fact groups of children on their school trips.
  • bluemoosebluemoose Member Posts: 1,716
    Agree with Legoboy; lots of school groups today, but all the ones I saw were very well behaved. There were probably fewer kids after 3pm than before. Friday might be very different of course...
  • PaperballparkPaperballpark UKMember Posts: 3,382
    Yes I think Thurs and Fri are going to be the calm before the storm!

I'm on a huge collaborative town and train build right on the front left edge of the fan zone (near to the kids' go-karts). I'm the tall thin one with glasses of anyone wants to say hello!

It was nice to meet some bricksetters yesterday - @caperberry‌ and @JessyDooDah‌ stand out. I probably met others, but forgot to ask if they were on here...
    @Paperballpark‌ the one with the giant bridge in the middle?
    No, the one with various town sets from the original town plan of the 50s/60s right throught the 70s, 80s, 90s and 00s, up to the present day
    edited November 2014
    RRs now free with ANY purchase.
  • bluemoosebluemoose Member Posts: 1,716
    Damn. Making lots of individual purchases of Mixels or CollFigs?
    Kjeld is here. Just been talking to him about our display. Keep your eyes out.
    carlqandhePhonebooth
    Loving Brick! So many amazing models to look at. Still not seen it all. Need to hunt out Fairy Bricks next. Really not sure about the "Legettes" though.
  • obi_gobi_g BlightyMember Posts: 483
    Legoboy said:

RRs now free with ANY purchase.

bet they'll all be gone by the time i get there on sunday :(
    !!!!! I just shuck kjeld kristiansen's hand! Wow!! Mr Lego himself! Star struck
    drdavewatfordGothamConstructionCoLostInTranslationcarlqAdzbadboyStormKittySilentMode
  • cheshirecatcheshirecat Member Posts: 5,332
    They have 200 boxes of RR apparently.
    edited November 2014
    ^Hopefully after the show, RR will start showing up in UK TRU shops as well then.
    andhe
    ^^^ shook not shuck, durrr. Sorry was still a bit over excited at that point ;-p. Just got back from the show to where we're staying in London. Had a thoroughly good time. Good to put faces to names of a couple more bricksetters. The fan zone was a highlight and some really inspirational stuff! Some good stalls and nice to chat to the Blocks team (now a two year subscription lighter). If anyone who hasn't been able to go and needs and electro suit batman for their collection let me know. My girlfriend picked one up as I was getting one but she has no need for it. So first person to mention it on here can have it (free postage). The highlight to add to my collection though....
    LostInTranslationcarlqscottwb2010AdzbadboyGothamConstructionCosidersddStormKittyMinifigsMe
  • scottwb2010scottwb2010 ScotlandMember Posts: 236
    ^ well done @Mojoest getting Kjeld's Business card. That's like getting a top trump in the minifig world! lol
    MojoestcarlqAdzbadboyStormKitty
  • dino_girldino_girl LondonMember Posts: 107
    We had a great day yesterday helping with Fairy Bricks and meeting lot of bricksetters back today as VIP so looking forward to seeing more
    MojoestcarlqStormKittySirKevbags
    Incredibly busy here today. Seriously so.
    I went yesterday and had a blast, thank you (Best day of my life)

I met:
    @caperberry‌
    @Legoloverman
    Mark Guest (Editior for Blocks magazine)
    Tom Poulsom (LEGO Birds creator)
    TheBrickShow (Jason, Stephen and Chad)
    Keith Severson
    Tim Goddard

Sorry if I forgot anyone else.

LEGO Ideas Exo-Suit signed by Pete Reid and Mark Stafford

The Brick Show!

More Pictures Here:
    https://www.flickr.com/.../115928.../sets/72157647188347214/
    GothamConstructionCoandhe
  • scottwb2010scottwb2010 ScotlandMember Posts: 236
    ^ @Adzbadboy that link comes up as not found!
    edited November 2014

^ @Adzbadboy that link comes up as not found!

Sorry about that: https://www.flickr.com/gp/[email protected]/sQ2e50

I forgot to mention I also met Mark Stafford.
  • JezzatheshedJezzatheshed Member Posts: 153
    Nice pics thanks for posting.
    ^^ well done @adzbadboy at getting the set signed. mission accomplished :-)
    Adzbadboy