Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] Sales at Amazon

1434445464749»

Comments

• madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,951
    edited December 2020
    LEGO #60197 Passenger train is 127.99 (20% off)
  • Yellowcastle2Yellowcastle2 U.S.Member Posts: 27
    Why is Amazon selling the Razor’s Crest for 30% over RRP?
  • MCNwakeboardMCNwakeboard VirginiaMember Posts: 310
    Probably because it sells at a premium from third party sellers so they figure that is what it’s worth. 
  • 560Heliport560Heliport Twin Cities, MN, USAMember Posts: 2,190
    Why is Amazon selling the Razor’s Crest for 30% over RRP?
    Because they can. 
    Just never seen that before...
    Sometimes Amazon's pricing bots see higher priecs for an item and adjust accordingly. That is why the Aston Martin James bond set was around 250 dollars at one point.. it happens.
    ^ Thanks, that’s very interesting.
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 3,825
    My guess is the pricing bots usually keep the price at or lower than competitors like Target, Walmart, and Lego itself. But when a set goes out of stock at all those places, then the bots are free to match the going rate. 
  • MugenPowerMugenPower Member Posts: 519
    Yup, I saw Amazon playing the pricing game for other things as well.  I was looking to buy some descaler for my coffee maker early last summer that usually goes for $5.99.  The only regular big box store that carries it is Bed Bath & Beyond, but they ran out of stock for a couple of months, no doubt due to all the people working from home since spring.  During that time, Amazon was selling the same descaler for ~2.5x the normal price!  When it finally came back in stock at BB&B, Amazon dropped the price back down to the regular price, which had also been their price for about 2 years at that point based on pricing history.  I've been shopping with Amazon for a loooong time now and I feel like this is a relatively new thing for them to sell above MSRP.
    Astrobricks
    Another notable example of this is #10255 Assembly Square (from Amazon.com, not a third party reseller) for a low low price of $409.54
    That’s horrible.  People already have to be wary of 3rd party sellers using amazon fulfillment as it looks like Amazon.  I would always tell parents to also check that it was Amazon itself to trust the price.  Just awful.
    Personally, I trust Amazon fulfillment when it’s covered by the Prime return policy. Also, I believe Amazon fulfillment means the product is actually in an Amazon warehouse, which should mean predictable shipping as well.
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 709
    Personally, I trust Amazon fulfillment when it’s covered by the Prime return policy. Also, I believe Amazon fulfillment means the product is actually in an Amazon warehouse, which should mean predictable shipping as well.
    The big problem with 3rd party but fulfilled by Amazon is that Amazon doesn’t really check that the sets are complete. It’s very easy for someone to send them a box that’s been opened and retaped. Not a problem if you open sets pretty quickly, but could be a big problem if you don’t get around to things quickly.
    autolycus said:
    The big problem with 3rd party but fulfilled by Amazon is that Amazon doesn’t really check that the sets are complete. It’s very easy for someone to send them a box that’s been opened and retaped. Not a problem if you open sets pretty quickly, but could be a big problem if you don’t get around to things quickly.
    Good point. I’d open anything right away if you have any doubts at all. Of course, I have probably several sets for which I have not done that 🤞. I also worry about stuff that came straight from Lego, seeing as people occasionally report missing bags or even the wrong set inside.

Now, if only there were actually some Amazon deals for people to post about :)
    autolycusmadforLEGO
    Yeah, Amazon has been fairly barren the last month or two.. I should not complain though as my wallet took a hit before Christmas