Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

[US] Sales at Amazon

Comments

• MugenPowerMugenPower Member Posts: 505
    autolycus said:
    The frustration free packaging is supposed to be the set box in the exact-sized shipping box, but it’s very hit or miss. They seem to be getting better about it, but it’s still not consistent enough. Gotta keep the pressure on them by continuing to ask for replacements any time they ship sets without adequate protection.
    That was the case for me the past few times I ordered with the frustration free option, but I think it partly depends on whether or not it comes like that from the Lego factory, which is why I asked about that earlier.  Once it reaches the Amazon warehouses, all bets are off.

I did just receive another replacement nd can happily confirm that they left it in the Lego overbox this time and threw in a bunch of extra padding into the Amazon box.  So, from 1 order, I saw 3 frustration free variations: no boxes at all, no overbox in Amazon box, overbox in Amazon box.  The only one I'm missing is over box with no Amazon box.  :P
    560HeliportAstrobricksautolycusFizyx
  • ColoradoBricksColoradoBricks Denver, CO, USAMember Posts: 1,667
    Last time I ordered frustration free (#70840 Welcome to Apocalypseburg!), I got shipping label on directly on the LEGO box... I was really frustrated.
    vanvonfull560HeliportReesesPiecesFizyxbpk2300
  • FizyxFizyx ColoradoMember Posts: 955
    For those of you who ordered #42110 from the a few days ago, how did you receive the item?  I selected the "ship in Amazon box" option after choosing the frustration free option, hoping that it would get shipped in the original Lego overbox, but it was just shipped w/o any padding inside an Amazon box.

Actually, does anyone know how this set is packed when it leaves the Lego factory?  Does it get shipped in a single Lego carton like some other large sets or does it get packed 2+ to a large box?  This might explain why mine didn't include the overbox from Amazon, not that this is ever guaranteed...
    I chose the cheaper “frustration free” packaging and it came in a box the exact size to make a tight fit for the Land Rover box... it had a label on it that makes me think it was in a “direct from LEGO” box...

... it arrived in perfect condition and really fast (less than 24 hours after I ordered)...
    Thanks for the info.  That's what I was hoping for mine, but no dice.  They sent a replacement and just shipped it with a label slapped directly onto the Lego set box itself so it ended up being much worse.  :(

I absolutely can not stand when they do that.  I've had them do that on both LEGO and PC components (It blew my mind when I got a PSU in shrinkwrap and the PSU box with the shipping label slapped on, no other protection at all...) but for me at least they have been getting better over the last few years.  I think someone might have finally informed at least part of the warehouse that it's supposed to be frustration-free packaging for US, not frustration-free for THEM.
  • scotty12scotty12 United States, IowaMember Posts: 706
    I tried that about 4 years ago when I received to Tower Bridges without a box.....multiple shipping labels and boxes ripped open (even items were missing)...and because of the size of the boxes, I'm sure they were bottom stacking boxes(smashed to hell).  Amazon CS wouldn't replace/refund/didn't care.   I was told "I got what I got".  I haven't purchased LEGO thru them since.
    560Heliport
    scotty12 said:
    I tried that about 4 years ago when I received to Tower Bridges without a box.....multiple shipping labels and boxes ripped open (even items were missing)...and because of the size of the boxes, I'm sure they were bottom stacking boxes(smashed to hell).  Amazon CS wouldn't replace/refund/didn't care.   I was told "I got what I got".  I haven't purchased LEGO thru them since.
    Wow, sorry to hear that.  I've typically had good luck w/ Amazon CS all the years I've been a member and they're quick to offer acceptable solutions to me.  If the CS rep I'm working with isn't very helpful, I'll try again w/ a different rep and that usually ends up working out.

The only time this became a hiccup was a few years back, I got an automatic notice suspecting me of abusing returns after returning/exchanging a few orders and my account would be banned if this continued.  It was also around the time when I noticed Amazon started skimping on packaging big time (little to no padding in boxes, overstuffed boxes, using bubble mailers for anything that would fit regardless of item fragility, etc.) and pretty much every order I got would arrive absolutely mangled.  I contacted CS about this notice and noted that I indicated this issue for every return reason.  They confirmed that there wasn't any warning or mark against my account and I haven't had a problem since.

That being said, the experience above left a sour taste in my mouth.  I'd been a PAYING Prime member for ~10+ years at that point and regularly shopped with Amazon (hence it was really obvious to me when Amazon started cutting back on packaging) yet I was threatened with a ban.  Since then, I've severely dialed back my purchases from Amazon because of the issues above and will now mainly buy from Amazon if it's something that I don't mind getting banged around during shipping and is cheaper/not available locally.
    KungFuKenny
  • autolycusautolycus US-SEMember Posts: 564
    FWIW, my wife had good luck with an unresolved CS issue when she emailed [email protected] It’s theoretically Jeff Bezos’s account, but it’s obviously handled by its own staff with more discretion to deal with problems than what a normal CS rep has.
    KungFuKennycanon03
  • OldTownBricksOldTownBricks VirginiaMember Posts: 37

Has anyone seen a “shipped and sold by Amazon” above retail price on LEGO before?
  • ReesesPiecesReesesPieces Member Posts: 949
    That is interesting.  Wegmans by me had this in stock for $10 couple weeks ago so I was able to pick one up.
    Looks like it sold out, too.  I don't see a sold by Amazon listing anymore.
  • NicksBricksNicksBricks United StatesMember Posts: 234
    Set #77905 Marvel Avengers Taskmaster's Ambush is available on Amazon.
    AstrobricksFizyxBumblepantsPitfall69
  • thenosthenos Twin Cities, MNMember Posts: 431
  • BumblepantsBumblepants DFWMember Posts: 6,552
    Thanks guys, got an order in!
    FizyxPitfall69madforLEGO
  • vanvonfullvanvonfull washingtonMember Posts: 130
    Treasure truck is not available in my area (eastern Washington). Bummer. 
  • vanvonfullvanvonfull washingtonMember Posts: 130
    edited October 29
    Update: I just clicked on the cog, chose Seattle, and had it shipped to my side of the state. Cool. 

Thanks for the info, nicks and thenos
    Treasure truck is not available in my area (eastern Washington). Bummer. 

Based on the verbiage on the offer, it MAY not be the end of the line.  It sounds like it might go into wider/non-TT release on or around Nov. 1st.  But it's not 100% clear that it will, just that seems to be implied by what they have written on it.
  • RraiderRraider USMember Posts: 25
    I was able to place an order for delivery through the link on Brick Fan. Just searching on Amazon I can’t get it to come up. 
    The Treasure Truck is normally deals you have to pick up at a literal truck that parks at mall or big parking lots throughout the day of a particular deal. With COVID though, they’ve just been shopping direct, so it’s worth signing up for whatever area is “close” to you even if you would never make the drive to the physical truck.
    Set #77905 Marvel Avengers Taskmaster's Ambush is available on Amazon.
    Looks sold out now. 
    And back again
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,857
    Thanks guys, Did not realize they did this via their  promo as you cannot just search for it as you would any other item as I could not find it by set number on Amazon.
    Now it looks to be sold out again.
    Wish they'd offer #77904 again...
  • AstrobricksAstrobricks Minnesota, USMember Posts: 3,461
    Or ever. It hasn’t actually been live yet, as far as I know.
    No, it definitely was a few weeks back.  Another user here pointed it out, but the page showed some placeholder name.  I even saw it when it was in stock but didn't pull the trigger since I wanted to be sure.  By the time they changed the page to show the actual product name, it was already sold out.
    No, it definitely was a few weeks back.  Another user here pointed it out, but the page showed some placeholder name.  I even saw it when it was in stock but didn't pull the trigger since I wanted to be sure.  By the time they changed the page to show the actual product name, it was already sold out.
    I’m still doubtful that any of those pre-orders are valid. We’ll have to wait and see.
    Fizyx
    I’m still doubtful that any of those pre-orders are valid. We’ll have to wait and see.
    I will be pretty annoyed if my preorder of the Nebulon B is cancelled at this point. It now clearly shows what the product is and has an “arrival” date of 11/18.

If they were going to cancel them because they were a mistake and shouldn’t have been listed at all, they needed to do it in the first few days after the mistake. If they go back and cancel multiples that some people ordered, then fair enough.

I ordered 1. They really shouldn’t cancel mine.
    Pitfall69gmonkey76
    ^ I still can’t find a listing for that. I put it in my cart back when it first showed up, but if I try to open the page for it I just get an error.
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,412
    I'm really starting to hate Amazon.
    gmonkey76KungFuKennyFizyxSeijiAmasawapxchrisMarshallmario
    ^ I still can’t find a listing for that. I put it in my cart back when it first showed up, but if I try to open the page for it I just get an error.
    You're probably seeing the same thing I see, then.  It's still in my saved items since I also had it in my cart back when it had a gibberish name.  If I click on it now, it says the page can't be found.

I do think that all the orders placed will be valid, though.  I'd hate to see people with legitimate (i.e. non-flipper/scalper) orders get them cancelled.  It just sucks that Amazon didn't put a limit on it.  If it never comes back on Amazon, hopefully it'll show up on [email protected] like Bespin Duel.
    Astrobricks
  • KungFuKennyKungFuKenny Deep in the Heart of TexasMember Posts: 1,425
    Pitfall69 said:
    In another thread it was mentioned that they shipped these in soft envelopes which is silly— if the Nebulon comes like that I’ll be pretty unhappy as well...
    Fizyx
  • Pitfall69Pitfall69 0 miles to Legoboy's houseMember Posts: 11,412
    Pitfall69 said:
    In another thread it was mentioned that they shipped these in soft envelopes which is silly— if the Nebulon comes like that I’ll be pretty unhappy as well...
    Mine came in a box with two other items, even though I ordered the set separately. Not happy at all.
    Fizyx
    Yeah, I am... not happy. Came in a soft envelope:

#77905 Marvel Avengers Taskmaster's Ambush is available on Amazon again. Looks like no limit so I’m sure it will go fast. 
  • madejp86madejp86 IllinoisMember Posts: 281
    I just got mine today. Now to build or not to build that is always the question
  • MarshallmarioMarshallmario Madison WIMember Posts: 40
    “Yeah, I am... not happy. Came in a soft envelope“    So that sounds ridiculous! Did you call CS?
    Will amazon replace something like that which is clearly their fault? Would you be able to get your money back if it is sold out or is it “you got what you got”?
    My Taskmaster Ambush arrived yesterday,  also packed just in an envelope. Thankfully the only damage to the box is a mild crease on the back.

Its kind of amazing that Amazon would be so cavalier about packing up a limited edition collectible item, but I guess their distribution warehouses have no clue.
    KungFuKennygmonkey76
    Seems to be a new trend, I received my #21052 Dubai set in a envelope earlier this week...
  • MarshallmarioMarshallmario Madison WIMember Posts: 40
    There is literally nothing Lego I would ever consider ordering if I thought it was going to be shipped in an envelope.
    Astrobricks
    Not home, but I already fearing the worst, this is not a box....
    @ColoradoBricks at least it’s a padded envelope? 🤪
  • jmeninnojmeninno The Batcave (MA)Member Posts: 809
    Mine was in a padded envelope but somehow no damage.  I dont know what the difference may be in these shipments.  I guess its somehow down to the handling after packaging?
    KungFuKenny
    jmeninno said:
    Mine was in a padded envelope but somehow no damage.  I dont know what the difference may be in these shipments.  I guess its somehow down to the handling after packaging?

Mine as well. Padded Envelope, but no damage. Looks like it was handled by angels.
    KungFuKenny
  • BrickByBrickBrickByBrick Massachusetts, USAMember Posts: 693
    Yeah mine was in a padded envelope but was in perfect shape
    I got two in padded envelopes and no damage on either. 
  • im2cre8ivim2cre8iv Utah, USAMember Posts: 126
     A few of the 2020 Harry Potter sets are 20% off on Amazon.com. #75966, #75967, and #75968
    JooTogmadforLEGO
  • madejp86madejp86 IllinoisMember Posts: 281

I'm in a sharing mood tonight
    Bumblepants
    Did you get a good deal on just the stickers?
  • Russell844Russell844 California, USAMember Posts: 1,962
    The one I ordered for someone in the UK arrived in a padded envelope but is in perfect condition.
  • pxchrispxchris Oregon, USAMember Posts: 953
    Great deal on baseplates right now. The blue and green 32x32 baseplates are both $5.99 - $1.20 coupon for $4.79 each or the gray 48x48 baseplate for $11.49 - $1.90 coupon for $9.59 total.
    Bumblepantsgmonkey76madforLEGO
    #10220 VW Camper van is down to 99.99 (17% off) again
    KungFuKenny