Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Expired [US] AT-TE - On sale for $59.99 @ Amazon

LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
edited January 2014 in Shopping USA/Canada
http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-6025083-Star-Wars-AT-TE/dp/B00CNBS44I/

From time to time, Amazon throws out a crazy discount. I have no idea if this is a price match, or just a strange one, but it is 33% off which is pretty darn good for Star Wars.

7.5 cents a part for a nice SW LEGO set, what more do you want? :)

Comments

• YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    Price match to toys r us. It won't likely last long as the toys r us offer is expiring soon (I think).
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    You're right, expired now... :(
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,179
    The AT TE now has hit the sale price of 59.99 a few times now I believe. So I'm guessing it will be back there again a few times before the end of it.
    Not convinced that it will not go lower than this though.
  • starfailurestarfailure Member Posts: 138
    wasn't it $47.xx in early December?
  • exciter1exciter1 Member Posts: 200

wasn't it $47.xx in early December?

$49.56 at Amazon.com is the lowest I've seen it.

We are unlikely to see the prices again that we saw the first week of December, at least until this coming Christmas. The deals were fast and furious that week, more than half of all LEGO was more than 30% off with some new sets including Star Wars set nearly 50% off (Jabba's Sail Barge was 47% off for a day).

That being said, those prices then don't help someone now who wants it, $59.99 is a good price today, in January, for this set.

Might it get back down to $49? Maybe, but you might be waiting until next Christmas to save $10, and it might never do it. It also might well go out of stock or retire first. You never know. :)
    I find it interesting how perceptions change. Amazon puts a good Star Wars set on sale for 33% off RRP and the comments are "gee, this was cheaper last year".

For Pete's sake, it is 1/3 off RRP for a Star Wars set with free shipping from a retailer with great customer service.

Really, what more does everyone want? FREE LEGO? :)
    YellowcastlepharmjodJP3804
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,364

Really, what more does everyone want? FREE LEGO? :)

Are you offering?
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    edited January 2014
    ^^ Sorry that I don't get excited at a set that is a) kinda ugly imho and b) not iconic - seriously, I couldn't even say which movie this was in and I've seen them all more than I care to admit.

Show me 33% off #10240, then I'll get excited.
  • prevereprevere North of Bellville, East of Heartlake, South of Bricksburg, West of Ninjago City Member Posts: 2,874
    ^I'd be happy with 15% off UCS R2-D2.
    FollowsCloselyTheLoneTensorYellowcastlestarwarfan77
  • mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,096
    I'll get excited when the new AT-AT is 30% off. Like Tensor said this is an ugly set. I had it in my cart when it was $50 last year and didn't feel compelled to buy it.
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850

^^ Sorry that I don't get excited at a set that is a) kinda ugly imho and b) not iconic - seriously, I couldn't even say which movie this was in and I've seen them all more than I care to admit.

Show me 33% off #10240, then I'll get excited.

It may not be iconic, but its still easily recognizable. And it is quite improved from older versions imo.

Even if you don't like the set, $60 for roughly 800 parts and 5 minifigs (4 of which are exclusive) Just the clone commander alone is like $10 in bricklink! All I see here is a great deal! :o)
  • exciter1exciter1 Member Posts: 200
    edited January 2014
    My son has been introduced to Star Wars through the "The Clone Wars" series, so the gunship and the AT-TE are his favorite vehicles. I don't like it, but that's the way it is. I was almost obligated to get him an AT-TE at some point.

When the new Star Destroyer and AT-ATs hit 30% off, I'll be very excited.
  • DaSmokeEaterDaSmokeEater Member Posts: 34
    SO wish I hadn't missed this. My kids loved Clone Wars more than anything else, but are psyched about Rebels a LOT! Can't wait to see these sets come out!