Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

[US] Technic back @ Amazon.com

LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
edited January 2014 in Shopping USA/Canada
http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Technic-42009-Mobile-Crane/dp/B00E3OPSJM/

As I type this, the big Mobile Crane Mk II is in stock, at RRP, sold by Amazon.com.

This is the first Technic set that I've seen for sale by Amazon since 2012 when Technic went TRU exclusive. We know that ended at the end of 2013, but it has taken a few weeks for this to show up.

I haven't seen another Technic set in stock, but if you've been thinking of getting this, it is an option.
TXLegoguy

Comments

• BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,462
    Is the Crane on the no-discounts list? Or any other Technic for that matter? I would be glad to see the green service truck get a nice % off sometime now that Amazon will have the line too
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,218
    Interesting.... If Amazon.com are selling Technic again then I'll add the sets to the Amazon Bargain Watch listings.
    margotYellowcastleLegoFanTexasMathBuilder
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    edited January 2014
    http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Technic-42000-Grand-Racer/dp/B00BR00ZT8/

Just noticed that the Grand Prix Racer is in stock at RRP, sold directly by Amazon.

Only 10 left at the moment, so might be gone by the time you read this, but it is indeed there now.
  • YellowcastleYellowcastle Member Posts: 4,401
    edited January 2014
    Thanks for the headsup, @legofantexas.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,169
    Thanks @LFT. Will be watching the Mobile Crane.
    Be careful though out there fellow bricksetters, many selling on Amazon.com are still third party sellers. So ensure it is Amazon.com selling them if you want to buy direct from Amazon.com
  • margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    Why not order it from [email protected]?
  • JeffHJeffH Member Posts: 173
    ^May be because in occasion Amazon would drop price for a few hours during the day? ;)
    margot said:

Why not order it from [email protected]?

Depending on the situation, buying from [email protected] may indeed make more sense.

If you are in a state that Amazon collects sales tax in, then there would be little difference there. If Amazon doesn't collect sales tax but [email protected] does, that is a benefit.

Amazon often puts sets on sale, right now the Technic is full price, but as more retailers get it, it won't stay that way. I don't think any of the Technic is on the "do not discount list", someone correct me if I'm wrong.

[email protected] often has promos, double and triple VIP, free polybags, etc. that make buying there worthwhile.

So there are benefits to both existing.
    madforLEGO
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,218
    edited January 2014
    The Technic theme was up until recently exclusive to TRU in the US; hopefully therefore that particular deal has now expired....

The Technic theme was up until recently exclusive to TRU in the US; hopefully therefore that particular deal has now expired....

It did, that was a 1 year deal for 2013. I can't recall where I read it, but it was posted somewhere a year ago or so.
  • jediami65jediami65 United StatesMember Posts: 474
    An exclusive here and there is fine, but when a whole line is exclusive to a single store, the prices they charge are ridiculous. Parent's/Grandparents that do not use the internet and I've seen plenty of them in TRU stores that don't know better get ripped off. m2cents. Glad that deal is done with, would make for better shopping and maybe I will buy my first Technic set when Amazon or target has them on Sale.
    http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-6025048-Technic-42006-Excavator/dp/B00AWC200Y/

Found another one, and this time it is on SALE! :)

#42006 - Excavator - RRP is $79.99, on sale for 25% off at $59.99.

Nice deal if you've been wanting this one.
    Yellowcastle
    Yeah, this morning I did not see these being sold by Amazon.. Good deal
  • VaderXVaderX Member Posts: 220
    This is nothing but GREAT NEWS! :)
    #42006 - Excavator is back to RRP with only 1 left in stock right now. Oh well. :)

Yes, it is great news, I've missed having a source for Technic on sale.
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,462
    edited February 2014
    Technic #42008 Service Truck now 24% off on Amazon (~$98). If my vehicle wasn't in the shop (irony I know) I would jump on this.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00E3OPSF6/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&tag=bargainwatchusa-20&linkCode=as2&camp=217145&creative=399373&creativeASIN=B00E3OPSF6
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    Hey, that's a nice price for the crane. I hope it doesn't come in a bag.
    madforLEGO
  • ShpadoinkleShpadoinkle 13 hours West of BillundMember Posts: 418
    All these great deals on the eve of the release of the Sea Cow are maddening! They already got me with the sale on the Family House last night and now these great technic deals!
    edited February 2014
    Nice to see it appears technic cranes are not 'exclusives'

Hey, that's a nice price for the crane. I hope it doesn't come in a bag.

Order two, it appears if you ordered two Ewok Villages they come in a box.. Im guessing the same for any big box set
    If I was a jerk I would do this then promptly return one and request an RMA from Amazon to do it, but alas I do not want to be a jerk.
    pharmjod
  • BrickarmorBrickarmor USAMember Posts: 1,257
    There does not appear to be any limit to how many Cranes you can order.
    pharmjod
  • lulwutlulwut Member Posts: 416
    Yay, no more having to rummage through TRU's bullocks to get a deal on Technics.
  • BigKidBigKid Member Posts: 29
    Ordered the Palace Cinema as a gift for someone in the last week. Came squished in a bag. So this is still going on.

BigKid
    BigKid said:

Ordered the Palace Cinema as a gift for someone in the last week. Came squished in a bag. So this is still going on.

BigKid

That is disheartening. I wonder if Amazon is trying this to stop resellers from buying to store to sell.
    It is a shame regardless of why they do it because the box is part of what is sold, not just a fancy wrapper for the set inside. How many people want a dilapidated box to give to someone for Christmas or Birthday?
    What is really frustrating is the apparently disconnect between their CS/ordering dept and their warehouses in terms of reporting shipping issues.
    All you can do is leave feedback and complain enough for them to open a review of packaging for that item and hope it gets resolved that way.
  • BigKidBigKid Member Posts: 29
    I cannot imagine that the savings are overwhelmingly making up for returns/credits that Amazon is issuing. I know some people just accept this and don't complain. One return/re-ship is probably worth ~15 shipping boxes?

BigKid
  • doriansdaddoriansdad CTCMember Posts: 1,337

That is disheartening. I wonder if Amazon is trying this to stop resellers from buying to store to sell.

Nope. Amazon has to cut its shipping costs plain and simple. It spends twice as much on shipping as it charges. The cost of Prime is going to increase and you can expect lego in bags as standard practice going forward. Bezos is eyeing world domination, not keeping lego collectors/resellers happy with mint boxes.

• mathewmathew Member Posts: 2,096
    What's interesting is that Amazon ships most other items, even cheap stuff in boxes with plenty of padding.
  • ShpadoinkleShpadoinkle 13 hours West of BillundMember Posts: 418
    For what it's worth my Sea Cow just arrived face down on top of the Piece of Resistance polybag, leaving a nice dent in the face of the box. So it isn't just Amazon that has yet to figure out how to properly ship their expensive sets...
    FollowsClosely
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    edited February 2014
    ^ Not the first, likely not the last. How many of us looked in horror as we opened the shipping box containing our beautiful #41999, only to see that the hot dog stand's bicycle handlebars had poked holes into it?

In contrast to the recent Amazon bag-pain, I bought the Mobile Crane 2 from them when it was on sale and it came nicely padded in a box.

On another notw, the base crawler #9398 is currently on sale there for $160.