Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

For Sale (Charity): LDD Files

rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
edited January 2014 in Charity Sales
Hello,

A few days ago as I was building a model on LDD I came up with an idea to raise a few bucks for Fairy Bricks. Pretty much what this is, is I will try to sell LDD files at $2.00 with all profit going to Fairy Bricks, so I get some LDD practice, and Fairy Bricks gets more financial support :o)

I have a few files available (see images below) if anyone is interested, I am currently making more as I don't have very many yet, so more will be more available shortly. I could also take 'special orders' if there is demand for specific models :o)

I have been @SirKevbags- approved, so we're ready to go. If you're interested in helping out by purchasing a file that would be great! Even if you don't like any if them, its for a great cause after all ;o) so if you're interested, pm me and I'll get you a file.

If you have any problems with the files please let me know and I'll do my best to fix them. And if you have any questions don't hesitate to ask here, or privately.

Thanks for looking!
cheshirecatSirKevbagsGothamConstructionCosidersddCupIsHalfEmptykhmellymelcarlqdougtsCapnRex101Wicksy80legomatt

Comments

• AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    This is a great idea! Can we get some specifications, such as length or height of actual build. I've never used LDD files so am not familiar with what to expect in one.
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    Fantastic idea :-)
  • jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,303
    edited January 2014
    I love this idea! Any chance of any modular buildings?
  • BrikingBriking Dorset, UKMember Posts: 750
    ^ This!
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    @AFFOL_Shellz_Bellz You mean you don't have LDD installed? You will need it if you want to open any files. Its fairly easy to tell from the pictures, Most accurate way I know of though is by length width or height in 'studs'. So, Orthanc = 43 studs tall. The Republic Venator = 30 studs long. Recusant-class light destroyer = 34 studs long. Ford Mustang = 33 studs long. So mast of them are roughly the same length :o)

^&^^ Modular buildings eh? I should have known! Anything specific?
    @jadedanc & @Briking what type of modular? Coffee shop? Sheriffs office? Bowling alley? Any ideas? :o)
    I am not picky :) any of those sound awesome!!
    Or what about a barber shop? :o)
  • Lego91Lego91 GermanyMember Posts: 86
    I'm not part of this whole thing, but given the reason of the charity a hospital would maybe be a good idea. :)
    @Lego91 good idea, but a modular building might be a bit too small for a hospital imho.
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,279
    @rancorbait- Can I join the fun of LDD files for charity? Don't want to hijack the thread, but I figure it's all for a good cause :o)

I actually have a mini modular hospital if anyone is interested. It isn't the best, but same $2 asking price, same goal of raising LEGO money for the children. If rancorbait agrees, I'll throw up a picture.
    @samiam391 go ahead. I'd its all going to the same place anyway, why not! :o)

Ok, I've started on a Barbershop, we'll see how it turns out :o)
    @rancorbait I hope it is a corner building. I need another corner for my cross roads :-) Barber Shop sounds great.
    Almost finished the first floor :o)
    BastaJenni
    Yah!! :)
    Can someone tell me if I'm doing this right? To be honest I've never built a modular, on LDD or with real Lego. So I figured I'd see what you guys thought :o) Any suggestions or recommendations?

I didn't have much time to build on it yesterday, so I'll build extra fast today ;o)
    JenniEKSamSuperTrampLegoboy
  • aimlesspursuitsaimlesspursuits USMember Posts: 207
    @rancorbait That looks great! Excellent work. Especially for your first modular design/build. I do have one thought, you may want to think about how the LEGO denizens will get to the upper floors.

PS. I love the plunger in the bathroom.
    @aimlesspursuits Yeah, I'm going add the stairs behind the bathroom against the wall, I just haven't done it yet :o)

Ha ha, thanks!

Awesome so far @rancorbait!
    Excellent @rancorbait ! Really looking forward to the finished article - can't wait to build it. And SO pleased to see it is a corner :D
    I just finished the second floor, so it shouldn't be too much longer to wait. But do be patient, I don't have a lot time to work on it :o)
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,101
    ^ Really?? You have done in a few days what would take me months! Looks great!
  • MorkManMorkMan Phoenix, Arizona, USAMember Posts: 859
    samiam391 said:

I actually have a mini modular hospital if anyone is interested.

I'd love to see the picture! Any Mini Modulars in LDD would be welcome!
    MorkMan said:

Any Mini Modulars in LDD would be welcome!

In that case, I'd better get started ;o)
    ^ @rancorbait how about a mini modular of the Barber Shop? And of the official ones that aren't in the mini modular set?
    I could try that after I finish the barbershop :o)
  • emilewskiemilewski CT, USAMember Posts: 475
    I think a modular LDD should be more than $2 ($4?) considering the additional time and effort involved. And more for charity.
    Perhaps. Well, since I already said $2 I'll stick to that, but if you want to you can definitely pay $4 ;o)
    Finished! :o)

First floor: barbershop.

Second floor: barber's apartment.

Third floor: attic.

The rooms might look a bit weird, i'm not great at interior design.
    SirKevbagsTheOneVeyronianEKSamJenni
  • jediami65jediami65 United StatesMember Posts: 474
    Pretty cool, very nice exterior details...sending you PM.
    PM sent
  • Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,410
    So, who do we send the cash to? Some interesting designs and it's for a great cause.

Also interested in any custom mini modular set LDD files.
    @Bosstone100, ^ To me ;o) I will be sending everything to @SirKevbags at the end of the month.

I will start on the mini modulars this weekend, just haven't had much time this week.

• Bosstone100Bosstone100 USAMember Posts: 1,410
    @samiam - I'm interested in the LDD for the minimod hospital. Should I send the $2 to you or just send it directly to rancorbait for collection?
    Its at $22 @SirKevbags :o)
    SirKevbags
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    ^ Great work. Keep the orders coming :-)
  • TyoSoloTyoSolo Member Posts: 539
    Some more coming - Great modular design @rancorbait
    A few more models:

Up to $32 now :o)
    SirKevbags
    ^ Lol, I'm not charging $32 for the files, that's how much I've collected :o)
  • bluedragonbluedragon United StatesMember Posts: 487
    @rancorbait PM sent. Great looking microfighters!
  • TheBrickLaddTheBrickLadd Chippenham, Wilts, UK.Member Posts: 844

A few more models:

Up to $32 now :o)

Now that is cool! PM coming!