Strange Two-Face misprint...

Hello everyone!
So, while admiring my superhero figures yesterday, I noticed my Two-Face had a rather strange misprint, and was wondering if anyone else has this oddity and whether it might be worth something?
As you can see below, the 'normal' side of his face is printed in purple too, and not black like the bricklink catalog image. I got this set right when it came out so I'm surprised I only spotted it now!

Feel kinda sorry for the guy, both sides of his face are messed up. Maybe I should start calling him One-Face?

Cheers guys! :)

Comments

• margotmargot Member Posts: 2,310
    The black and purple are opposite of what they are supposed to be on the right side also...cool.
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,821
    Cool fig!
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,258
    @ironsights- That's neat.. I think One Face would be fitting ;o)

Any chance you want to sell it?
    LegoboyCapnRex101
  • IronsightsIronsights UKMember Posts: 33
    @margot - Oh yeah! I don't know how I didn't notice that! *doh*

How could the machines that print the parts get the colours the wrong way round? I'd have thought the checking process would be pretty rigorous...

@samiam391 - Perhaps, to be honest I'm not sure right now! I'll let you know if I decide I want to! :)
  • CapnRex101CapnRex101 United KingdomAdministrator Posts: 2,272
    @Ironsights - Do not settle for less than £1000, @samiam391 will pay it ;oP

No need to thank me for my help Sam :o)
    graphiterichoGothamConstructionCoyys4u
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,241
    ^ nice work Capn.
  • Steve_J_OMSteve_J_OM Cork, IrelandMember Posts: 942
    This thread prompted me to check my own Two-Face, and it appears that I have the same misprint....

The lighting in my photo isn't as good as @ironsights but it's definitely purple.
    edited January 2014
    @Steve_J_OM - Well its good to know I'm not the only one! Did you get the set right when it hit the shelves like me?

@CapnRex101 - Thanks, I'll keep that in mind! ;)
    @Ironsights, I think the set was out roughly a month when I got it!

Also, since you were here first I don't want to jump ahead of you, but I think I would be open to selling/trading mine.
  • richoricho Member Posts: 3,821
    edited January 2014
    I have just checked the Batman visual dictionary, and its like this in there! Perhaps the non purple print is the rarity... Either way I am guessing two variants based on batches?
    @Steve_J_OM - Hmm, maybe it was the first couple of batches that had this issue then? I'd expect LEGO would use sets from the first batches for their own purposes like the dictionary as @richo mentioned, which might explain why its in that too?
    It looks like the new magnet set has the correct print though, but perhaps it will be different in store?

And I'd be willing to part with mine as well if the offers are good!
    Huh, that's interesting regarding the dictionary. It'd be interesting to hear the spread of purple/non-purple among folk on the forum.
  • CCCCCC UKMember Posts: 17,799
    Also same thing was noted here.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jeroen_k/6910107940/

There is another popular mistake for Two-Face ... (from 9.45 or so onwards) - although it's not lego related and there is bad language.

margot
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    I thought this was what they were meant to look like... i'm going to have to check now... does anybody have an image the 'proper' one for comparison?
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    ...not needed. I just checked my guy and he has the 'correct' black printing for the eyes, mouth, brows.
  • samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,258
    edited January 2014

@Ironsights - Do not settle for less than £1000, @samiam391 will pay it ;oP

No need to thank me for my help Sam :o)

What a lowball offer @CapnRex101, I thought better of you.

I wouldn't think of offering anything less of 2000... any takers?

CapnRex101