Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

aseda26: Introduction

aseda26aseda26 Member Posts: 3
edited January 2014 in Introduce yourself
Hi,
I am a lego novice. I never played with legos as a child. I grew up in Africa and I knew some families had legos but we just never had it. We played more outdoor type games. Anyway, I have been researching STEM curriculum for my six year old and discovered that there are so many neat inventions that can be made with legos! I love the fact that you can use legos to introduce youngsters to the concept of engineering at an early age. I would like to start a lego after school program in Africa but since I personally never played with them, I feel handicapped. I have been researching the lego website and have found that they have curriculum for different educational grades. Is this the best route to take? How do I decide what designs the children should be building and what parts/kinds of legos I should purchase?

Any advice is deeply appreciated.

Comments

• rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    Welcome to the forum!

You will find that there is no shortage of Lego knowledge and advise here... ;-)
  • aseda26aseda26 Member Posts: 3
    Thank you rancorbait!
  • BumblepantsBumblepants Sofia BG/Dallas TXMember Posts: 5,472
    Where in Africa? I am in Cameroon for work more often than not. Difficult to come by Lego here, only seen one or two sets for sale and at 4-5x markups. Welcome
  • aseda26aseda26 Member Posts: 3
    Thanks for the welcome Bumblepants. I live in the US but I do want to start the lego project in Ghana. You are right that it is difficult to come by legos there...hence my reason for wanting to do this. Thanks!