Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Hi from Germany!

Lego91Lego91 GermanyMember Posts: 86
This is my second try in a Lego forum. Somehow the first one wasn't really my thing and because I love Brickset and my daily use of it I wanted to try out this forum as well. Hopefully I will like this one better.

I'm female and in my early twenties. (Diagnosed with a Autism Spectrum Disorder, not that it matters, but being female and my age, collecting and building Lego is kind of a odd thing if I believe other people).

You can see my collection on Brickset, I have the same name there. I collect non licensed sets mostly, I'm in love with the Creator line and I also have some Friends, Technic and City sets. I also love the Modular buildings and all the other huge Lego exclusives.

My favourite small set is the Creator lighthouse 5770 and I can't decide on a huge one. Maybe the "Pet Shop".

My last build was the Haunted House.

So, that's all you need to know about me I guess. If you have any questions just ask and please excuse any mistakes, English isn't my first language.

Lego91
margot

Comments

• SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    Welcome to the forum @Lego91 We are a warm and friendly bunch. The English looks great, however being from the north east of England some will tell you English isn't my first language either ;-)
    khmellymelLego91FrothyCoffeeManBulkheadXindigobox
  • khmellymelkhmellymel United KingdomMember Posts: 1,226
    Hi and welcome @Lego91! Don't worry, you're not the only young female Lego builder/collector out there, I think @TheOneVeyronian is the same and there are plenty females here besides (myself included), you'll fit right in! :)
    Lego91
  • LegopantsLegopants GermanyMember Posts: 1,985
    Willkommen @Lego91 :-)

Schön Dich an Bord zu haben :-)
    Lego91
  • rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    Sehr erfreut @Lego91

Did I spell that correctly? :-P I only know a very little bit as where I work there are German customers regularly.

I'm on the younger side of the community as well, anyway, welcome to the forum!
    Lego91
  • TheOneVeyronianTheOneVeyronian Help me, I'm inside the M25! (UK)Member Posts: 1,359
    Hello and welcome to the forum @Lego91, I am TheOneVeyronian that @khmellymel mentions, and like you I am female, 20 years old and also have a form of autism. Everyone around here is exceptionally friendly, I think you'll fit right into the community here. Welcome aboard and I believe you'll have a great time! :-)
    Lego91
  • programmerdanprogrammerdan Member Posts: 27
    Welcome to the forum, @Lego91!
    Lego91
  • Lego91Lego91 GermanyMember Posts: 86
    @rancorbait

Danke! (Thank you!) You did spell it correctly!

@TheOneVeyronian

Good to hear that I'm not alone. I have a really good feeling about this forum. Only problem is getting used to the format. I'm very active in a different forum and I'm so used to how it looks that this here is quite a change.

Thank you also to all the others who replied. Means a lot!

• rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    @Lego91 Yeah, it takes a while to get used to it, but once you are you will love it!
  • FrothyCoffeeManFrothyCoffeeMan Member Posts: 46
    Hi Lego91
    Welcome from another forum newb.
    The creator lighthouse is one of my favourite sets too.
    I'll check your profile and hopefully not get too jealous.
    @FrothyCoffeeMan

Guess that won't happen. I have some trouble with working, so I only have a very small job, my Lego budget is not that high, but I'm able to spend most of my salary because I still live at home and don't have to pay anything. (Thanks to my parents).
  • FrothyCoffeeManFrothyCoffeeMan Member Posts: 46
    Little and often is best with Lego as my wife tells me.
    I was too stupid to work out how to see your profile on brickset so don't worry.
    How do you select what you are going to buy?
    I'm a big fan of giggle factor, if a set makes me laugh, I make more of an effort to buy it. That's more important to me than the building challenge.
    I'm particularly looking forward to 31021and 70804

If I look at a set, and I get that "I want it" feeling I buy it. But the Creator theme is different, I buy all the regular sets (13 this year if I got it right) even if I don't like them.

I really look forward to 31025 & 31026 (I haven't seen a picture, but the name and piece count sounds amazing). 31021 is also a favourite. (My Mum loves it as well, and that is a sign that the set must be good).

And with the Architecture theme for example I bought the Brandenburger Gate and the Big Ben. First one because I'm German and it is an important building and the Big Ben because I'm a huge fan of the British Royals and Great Britain in general.

I also keep the sets together. I put them in those plastic bags with a zipper (spelling?) and keep them in different cupboards, sorted by theme.

You just have to search for the username on Brickset, at least that is what I did. And I can't lie, it is always a great feeling when you own a set on someone's wish list. Haha!
    rancorbait
  • BulkheadXBulkheadX Member Posts: 74
    I just built Brandenburger Tor! love that they included 2 name plates for it as I much prefer the original language for anything like that :)

welcome to the forum!
  • LegofanscottLegofanscott Member Posts: 622
    Hi Lego91

I am exactly the same age as you if you were born in 1991 :)

I also still live with my parents, and love Lego guess we have lots in common ;)

I'm also from the north east like kevbags I'm a Northumbrian though not a Geordie haha :D
  • indigoboxindigobox Member Posts: 470
    edited January 2014
    Hallo @Lego91

I am CJ, an Australian living in The North West of England.

Welcome to the forum. As many have mentioned we are a relatively friendly bunch :D

Thanks for being so open about your diagnosis. I wouldn't worry to much about having Autism Spectrum Disorder (apparently 1.1% of the UK population have it I believe). Nor should you worry that you are a young lady in her twenties that collects and builds LEGO. Some of us are twenty one for the thirteenth time or maybe more.

On here disabilities and age become irrelevant as you will find out as it is all about the love of little plastic bricks and what you can do with them. We all come from different walks of life and from all over the world.

Happy building :D
    CJ.
    Hi @indigobox

Commonwealth is also great! (Are some Swedish people here as well? I love your Royal Family too. Royals are basically my other obsession and you might not believe it but there is an Royal fandom as well.)

I have to be open about my struggles because otherwise I would have even more problems. Especially in real life. Everyone is really supportive and so I have no fear of being open about it. And I think that under AFOLs the percentage of individuals with an ASD is even higher. ;-)

Leni
    indigobox
  • LegofanscottLegofanscott Member Posts: 622
    Lego91 said:

Hi @indigobox

Commonwealth is also great! (Are some Swedish people here as well? I love your Royal Family too. Royals are basically my other obsession and you might not believe it but there is an Royal fandom as well.)

I have to be open about my struggles because otherwise I would have even more problems. Especially in real life. Everyone is really supportive and so I have no fear of being open about it. And I think that under AFOLs the percentage of individuals with an ASD is even higher. ;-)

Leni

Oh yeah, we all love the UK's biggest benefit scroun......ahem i mean royal family

;)