Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Winter Village Expansion

monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,343
edited August 2011 in Building and Techniques
Hi
I know this isn't a realy show your designs sort of forum but having read a few threads that touch on the Winter Village theme with a number postulating on where the theme might go or how to build it out I thought I would share this image of a larger village I have spent the last few month building up in the LDD and am in the process of saving up the money to purchase (taking a lot of saving and selling of other stuff tp get there). The design includes a church and a pub (two buildigns I doubt Lego will ever do) as well as a small station, some log cabins and a ski lodge, complete with a small ski field and button lift (I will need to add string to the final build). Anyway, hope you like it and I am happy to email the LDD source file to anyone who might want it.

Comments

• MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    That's lovely! I can't wait to see it in actual bricks. Would you be willing to share the LDD file? I've never used it, but would like to see how those buildings are made. Thanks!
  • monkey_roomonkey_roo Member Posts: 1,343
    PM me with an email address and I am happy to share the file.
  • ChompersChompers Member Posts: 648
    I like very much :) Having just won the Winter Toy shop, I can't wait to build it later in the year. My main Lego interest is Technic (Yes I Know!!!) but have to say that the various builds available are starting to interest me.

Look forward to your build Monkey
  • vynsanevynsane Member Posts: 179
    Very nice concept and layout. I'd have to say, the only thing that I'd change is the coloration of the buildings - it's all a little too much brown and gray. I'd switch it up and make each building have a bit of its own individuality in terms of external color - add just a hint of unique color to each building and it will lend more realism to the whole.