Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

[US] New Technic sets coming soon to TARGET and WALMART !!!!

Here is something Technic lovers and TRU haters can be excited about. It looks like the newer Technic sets are coming to Target.com and Walmart.com. They are not available yet, but someting to look forward to in 2014.

http://www.target.com/s?searchTerm=lego+technic&category=0|All|matchallpartial|all+categories&lnk=snav_sbox_lego+technic

http://www.walmart.com/search/search-ng.do?ic=32_0&tab_value=all&search_query=lego+technic&search_constraint=4171&Find=Find&pref_store=1151&ss=false&;

Comments

• nkx1nkx1 Member Posts: 719
    edited January 2014
    ^I noticed that, too, last week or so. I thought it was possible Target and Walmart just tossed all current Lego set data into their system, without regard to what actually made it in (and maybe their inventory system would weed out what wasn't in stock). In any case, this is good news if they actually get the sets. More competition is a good thing for the consumer!
  • Pacific493Pacific493 Member Posts: 379
    Great news if it comes to pass.
    madforLEGO
  • TheLoneTensorTheLoneTensor MericaMember Posts: 3,950
    I wonder it Lego's Technic team got tired of their sets not selling.
    kylejohnson11FollowsCloselyThe_Mack
  • haakonohaakono Member Posts: 62
    edited January 2014
    or, this was the carrot for going along with the 'no discounts on modulars (etc)' rule.
  • graphitegraphite USMember Posts: 3,239
    Or it could be a precursor to TRU knowing they're on the way out. The actually good sales to boost sales in order to sell or make the books look better before liquidating.
  • PoochyPoochy USAMember Posts: 479
    Good to know that IF is still available at certain WM :).

http://www.walmart.com/ip/LEGO-Pirates-Imperial-Flagship/17353271
  • LegoManiaccLegoManiacc Member Posts: 116
    ^never know! Remember the guy that found a Taj Mahal at a Walmart sometime in the last year or so?

Back on topic, I hope this is true, that could be good news
  • ecmo47ecmo47 North CarolinaMember Posts: 2,081
    edited January 2014
    There is one set on the self at my local store right now. I think it was the mini backhoe.
  • BulkheadXBulkheadX Member Posts: 74
    nice!
  • Ma1234Ma1234 Member Posts: 692
    The TRU exclusivity ended this Christmas season. Smaller toy shops were allowed to order and the local toy shops in LA are piled up with a ton of Technic sets.
  • cody6268cody6268 Member Posts: 240
    edited January 2014
    I've never seen any Technic at my local Walmart. I'd like to see my local Walmart get some Technic, as ordering it or the two hour trip to the nearest Toys R' Us is getting a little old.

My Walmart I believe recently expanded its building toy area, I'm not sure if it was expanded to add more sets, or to add the other stuff, i.e K'nex. Mine is small, compared to the one an hour away, which stocks several more sets.
  • gmpirategmpirate Member Posts: 1,654
    ecmo47 said:

There is one set on the self at my local store right now. I think it was the mini backhoe.

Orange Walmart? Backhoe Loader 8069? I suppose one could chat with a manager but since the set is off-line it sells for full retail.
  • binaryeyebinaryeye USMember Posts: 1,733
    Probably #42004.
  • tomahawkertomahawker Member Posts: 153
    Looks like they are now in-stock to order online at Target.com.
    pharmjodLegoManiaccmadforLEGO
  • mrseatlemrseatle Member Posts: 410
    Just stopped by Walmart for bird food and didn't see any Technic sets yet
    ... or any clearance other than a lonely Bespin planet set for $7.
  • cody6268cody6268 Member Posts: 240
    No Technic in mine, either