Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

VW Camper and Winter Post Office Videos

thebricksterthebrickster Member Posts: 63
edited August 2011 in Everything else LEGO

Comments

• thebricksterthebrickster Member Posts: 63
    and now the winter post office
  • dougtsdougts Oregon, USAMember Posts: 4,129
    awesome! thanks.
  • sramsram Member Posts: 60
    Cool, thanks for posting. I sure dig the campervan! Lets see what wallet damage it will inflict first.
    Of course I have been planning on buying the Post Office to add to my winter village collection all along, but up until now I really had no interest in the VW camper van.

After having watched the video however, I'm now highly intrigued. I'll probably wait to see the price point, but it's a very cool design. The detail work throughout is excellent.
  • datkiddedatkidde Member Posts: 108
    Thanks for posting. I wish they given a release date for the Camper Van. Looking forward to pairing this with the VW Beetle.
  • atkinsaratkinsar Member Posts: 4,272
    The camper van looks excellent. The post office looks nice but is the weakest of the winter models so far IMO.
  • collect_thatcollect_that Kidderminster, EnglandMember Posts: 1,327
    ^ I wouldn't say the post office was the weakest, but after two previous winter sets you kind of know what to expect now, but overall it still looks a quality set and if it matches the other two not a bad buy for the money.

I wasn't struck on the VW 'until I watched the video, really diggin' the interior!
  • thebricksterthebrickster Member Posts: 63
    edited August 2011
    Thanks for posting. I wish they given a release date for the Camper Van. Looking forward to pairing this with the VW Beetle.
    your welcome
    sram,dougts and daatkidde
    ^
    I wasn't struck on the VW 'until I watched the video, really diggin' the interior!
    the interior does look better after the vidoe
  • brickupdatebrickupdate Member Posts: 1,020
    Love that they are continuing the winter theme sets. The post office looks nice. Not amazing, but nice. The VW Camper is very cool - so many great details. The fabric pop top is interesting. The interior is incredible, they fit so much in there. The lava lamp and painting are a great touch.
  • yys4uyys4u USA SoCalMember Posts: 1,092
    I like the winter post office, however I'm finding myself in the same predicament I was in for the Modular buildings. Should I rush out and buy the bakery and toy shop, and then get this one and continue collecting winter sets, or just to pass on it. (I'm the type to collect them all not just the ones I like.)

I've always wanted the toy shop for the microbuilds, maybe I'll just get that one if they still have it at [email protected]
  • drdavewatforddrdavewatford Hertfordshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,635
    Loving both of these - definitely 2 more to add to the "must buy" list.....

I'm kind of wishing I'd bought the VW Beetle now, although was never really that taken with it when it was at retail, to be honest, so I doubt I'll be tempted to pay over the odds for it now.
  • EricEric Queensland, AustraliaMember Posts: 376
    So, "All in all, I can tell you that this product is awesome".

Lol.
  • legoDadlegoDad Member Posts: 529
    thx for postin' brickster. The VW Camper is a great lookin' model and looks like great fun to build.
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,430
    "Trying to create a happy holidays winter village type thing". Lol.
    Why didn't they wait til the designer was in to do the film, seems odd, not like it was a live broadcast or anything.

Van looks cool, though would be more likely to get the older winter village type things than this one I think.
  • datkiddedatkidde Member Posts: 108
    I can't tell, is this scaled for minifigs or large like the VW Beetle?
    @yys4u -
    better decide quick. the 10199 Winter Toy Shop is pretty much sold out. In fact, it was completely gone from all major sources for a few weeks, until it just popped back up on Amazon withing the past few days. http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Creator-Winter-Shop-10199/dp/B002ACUC0O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1312410553&sr=8-1

Grab it now, or prepare to pay an extra $20 or so once it is gone again. Personally, I would recommend getting the whole collection. They are reasonably priced, and with only 1 new one per year it won't be too difficult to continuing acquiring them. Plus, they make a very nice holiday time display that you can set up with your family each year.
    @datkidde
    it doesn't appear to be minifigure scale exactly, but it does look to be close enough where you could make it work reasonably well enough.
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 3,430
    edited August 2011
    I wonder how they got the rights for the monsters inc title music? Only just realised that today.

^ It looks quite a lot bigger than minifig scale I would say...? Unless they were hippy midgets.
  • MinifigsMeMinifigsMe Member Posts: 2,844
    very much looking forward to the post office. Has anyone figured out a way to make their street of lego houses 'wintery'? with out too much modification? It would be nice to have a full winter village :)
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 10,108
    edited August 2011
    @yys4u -
    better decide quick. the 10199 Winter Toy Shop is pretty much sold out. In fact, it was completely gone from all major sources for a few weeks, until it just popped back up on Amazon withing the past few days. http://www.amazon.com/LEGO-Creator-Winter-Shop-10199/dp/B002ACUC0O/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1312410553&sr=8-1

Grab it now, or prepare to pay an extra $20 or so once it is gone again. Personally, I would recommend getting the whole collection. They are reasonably priced, and with only 1 new one per year it won't be too difficult to continuing acquiring them. Plus, they make a very nice holiday time display that you can set up with your family each year.
    Well I would say if you can get one at a retail price, do it now, to be sure.
    But a year ago the Toy Shoppe 'sold out', then Amazon got a bunch of them, then Lego was selling them around Christmas again...

Now, I guessing that Lego is done with the Toy Shoppe and now will have the Bakery come back out this year with the new Post office set.. that way there are two to choose from every year.. but that is, again, just my guess on that.

So bottom line is like Dougts is saying, get one if you want it (better safe than sorry) but there is a good chance that the Bakery will be around this Christmas as well.

• LukeSkywalkerLukeSkywalker IrelandMember Posts: 231
    Looks like the videos have been temporarily made private, LEGO must have been deemed them too early for public consumption.
  • LukeSkywalkerLukeSkywalker IrelandMember Posts: 231
    If anyone wants to see those vids, user Grogall on Eurobricks made back-ups that you can download, available at post #191:
    http://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=53130&st=180
    The links will self-destruct in 5 days. :)
  • Si_UKNZSi_UKNZ NZMember Posts: 4,179
    edited August 2011
    I really wish TLGs PR dept would work out what they're trying to do with pre-release info.

Anyway, since they've already published this officially, it's definitely fair to reproduce it.
    Shortcut to the links in the eurobricks forum:
    10220 (Volkswagen Camper Van) 57MB
    https://files.me.com/wiihelp/254bwx.mov

10222 (Winter Village Postoffice) 22MB
    https://files.me.com/wiihelp/xn53vu.mov

For when these expire, these are also on megaupload (limited by number of downloads not by time, so __please use the above links first__)
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=89UGA5L3
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=VLTWZT9Z