Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Greetings From Florida!!

The_IveysThe_Iveys USA::Florida::ValricoMember Posts: 64
Greetings from Florida!! I was a huge LEGO enthusiast when I was a kid, but lost track as I got older. Well, my daughter is now 4 and I am having a blast introducing her to LEGO and building a collection again (even my wife is behind this effort - WOOHOO!). I found Brickset mentioned on another forum when I was looking for a way to catalog our collection (and loose pieces) and LOVE it!! Happy to be here, and can't wait to contribute!!

The_Iveys

Comments

• samiam391samiam391 A Log Cabin in KY, United StatesMember Posts: 4,199
    Welcome aboard @The_Iveys!

With the wife supporting your LEGO collection, there is literally no stopping you! ;o)
    programmerdan
  • just2goodjust2good Member Posts: 247
    What part of Florida? :)
  • The_IveysThe_Iveys USA::Florida::ValricoMember Posts: 64
    samiam, I hear ya.... of course, I just say they're for our daughter... LOL

just2good, right outside of Tampa...
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    Welcome! In addition to using the brickset site I use an Excel spreadsheet which allows me to keep track of actual prices paid, place of purchase, as well as sort by new and used.
  • The_IveysThe_Iveys USA::Florida::ValricoMember Posts: 64
    Awesome Shellz, and thanks!!
  • NatebwNatebw Tampa BayMember Posts: 339
    Almost the same situation. Live in Tampa, been out of the Lego loop for 25 years. My 4 and 6 year old are into it. My wife allows it and enjoys our trips to LegoLand.

I'm considering getting into the local LUG, but I'm a bit intimidated by the scope, so I think I will just kind chill here for a while. :)
  • programmerdanprogrammerdan Member Posts: 27
    Welcome, The_Iveys -- my wife is similarly supportive, and I only sometimes have to argue it's all "for our son" -- although he's still too young for the parts and kits I collect. His Duplo collection is growing almost as fast as my LEGO, though ...
  • MorkManMorkMan Phoenix, Arizona, USAMember Posts: 851
    Natebw said:

...been out of the Lego loop for 25 years. My 4 and 6 year old are into it. My wife allows it and enjoys our trips to LegoLand.

I'm considering getting into the local LUG, but I'm a bit intimidated by the scope, so I think I will just kind chill here for a while. :)

@Natebw you described me when you described you. I think you should try the LUG near you this month. I'm challenging you to it. If you do it, I will. Agreed? I'm in phoenix, and intimidated by the LUG, but need a push. Up for the challenge?
    khmellymel