Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Turning the haunted house into a village?

I just finished the first book of the haunted house. I think it'd look pretty great as a one story building, accompanied by one or two other houses. Anyone consider doing this? Right now I'm just going to build the whole thing the way it's intended, mostly.

Comments

• mmikmmik Member Posts: 17
    I have a big castle from a few years ago, one of the sets that comes with a dragon. I wonder if I could pair that with this set and make some cool, smaller houses.
  • KiwiLegoMeisterKiwiLegoMeister New ZealandMember Posts: 212
    I bought 3x of the haunted house; Have build one; intend to turn the other two sets into a combined larger haunted house. Probably an open backed one, so you can see the detail inside ....
    Busy on another big build at the moment, so I might not get on to the super sized haunted house until 2015 ....
    Wow that's a lot of cash. I'll just convert my only set if I think of a way how. The castle set has a lot of good grey pieces I could salvage.
    edited January 2014
    I think it might be easy to take the second floor out completely, actually, and make a two story house. (Floor one plus attic/roof)

Then I could salvage a bunch of bricks to make some smaller things. I'm going to use the prison from my castle I think. I'll have to think of a way to make it more spooky. Maybe I can post a picture of some stuff I'm using when I get a chance.
    Wow that's cool. I'm still going to go the opposite direction though I think, and build down.
  • jadedancjadedanc USAMember Posts: 1,303
    Very nice @GIR3691!!
  • KiwiLegoMeisterKiwiLegoMeister New ZealandMember Posts: 212
    beautiful! Can't wait to build my composite ....
  • LegoMom1LegoMom1 Member Posts: 652
    @GIR3691- I saw that at the White Plains store. It blew me away. Did you build it?
  • bmwlegobmwlego Long Island, New YorkMember Posts: 762
    Good discussion thread to show this off Rick. Who built this? Was it Bill P, Mike and you?
    I wonder if you could have taken out some of the windows though, to make it less repetitive. I know making them got a little boring even.
  • canon03canon03 USAMember Posts: 319
    GIR3691 said:

Here's what two Haunted Houses combined looks like.

After seeing this, I'm going to have to pick up an extra Hauntd House myself to try and combine the two. Darn. :)

• GIR3691GIR3691 Member Posts: 654
    bmwlego said:

Good discussion thread to show this off Rick. Who built this? Was it Bill P, Mike and you?

Bill built the double Haunted House, Mike built the tree and landscape. I built the LUG base.
  • SirKevbagsSirKevbags Fairy Land Member Posts: 4,030
    @GIR3691 and @bmwlego it's a real shame we can't have an international exchange on showcase models.
    I know there is a flickr group for LUG Showcases titled LEGO lug showcases...check that group out for pics of other windows. Would be cool to swap models with other groups though, @sirkevbags.
  • BuriedinBricksBuriedinBricks USAMember Posts: 1,364
    @bmwlego - Thanks for mentioning the flickr group. I wanted some inspiration for when we eventually get the window back at our local store.
    No problem @iccarus. Good luck getting your window back.
  • BeamishburgerBeamishburger N.YMember Posts: 1
    Hello new to this site , I'm making the lug display haunted house but I can't find other pictures of it online , can anyone help