Please refrain from posting animated GIFs, memes, joke videos and so on in discussions other than those in the off topic area.

Dismiss this message to confirm your acceptance of this additional forum term of use.

Broken minifig wrist

dsdg88dsdg88 Member Posts: 133
edited August 2011 in Building and Techniques
Poor Sugi http://www.brickset.com/minifigs/?m=sw305 fell off of her bike and broke her hand off flush with the end of her arm. (Or maybe she was stepped on).
Is it possible to get a replacement arm and hand, or perhaps just the hand and somehow remove the old hand stem from the arm?

Comments

• teal93mr2teal93mr2 USAMember Posts: 896
    Might be kind of tough without purchasing the entire torso.
  • achillespdxachillespdx Member Posts: 106
    I have a couple old minifigs with stems stuck in the arms too. I haven't tried it yet, but the only way I can think to remove them is with a tiny dab of super glue on the end of a toothpick. Anyone have any success with this or any other method?
  • dsdg88dsdg88 Member Posts: 133
    If I can locate a new hand I will try to drill out the old stem with a tiny bit and a Dremel tool.
  • prof1515prof1515 EarthMember Posts: 1,561
    Well, there's always Bricklink as well as possibly buying a cheaper set with the same color hand and arm (7570 Ostrich Race perhaps?) and swapping them into the torso.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,089
    ^-- or if you can happen to find someone just selling the arm and hand itself (although it is a new figure so I dunno how easily that will happen)
  • andheandhe UKMember Posts: 2,617
  • EricEric Queensland, AustraliaMember Posts: 376
    I reckon with a steady hand you could drill it out, you'd have to secure the torso down, and have a tiny drill bit.
  • akunthitaakunthita USAMember Posts: 1,021
    I would just replace the arm and the hand. Light-flesh arms are extremely common these days and readily available. Removing the old arm is super easy; just bend the minifig's arm back (like she is giving you an elbow-nudge in the stomach), grab the arm at the elbow and twist it up and out. This movement is a lot more gentle on the arm (and the torso) then just ripping the arm straight out. Just pop the new arm back into the hole on the torso...(c;
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,540
    edited August 2011
    Lego customer services sometimes replace broken parts if you ask kindly and they're still in production. Though they might refuse as it's a licensed part, and it got broke during play. But why not send them an email, telling them about the torso piece. You never know, they might send you a new one.
  • madforLEGOmadforLEGO Chicagoland USMember Posts: 9,089
    edited August 2011
    I would just replace the arm and the hand. Light-flesh arms are extremely common these days and readily available. Removing the old arm is super easy; just bend the minifig's arm back (like she is giving you an elbow-nudge in the stomach), grab the arm at the elbow and twist it up and out. This movement is a lot more gentle on the arm (and the torso) then just ripping the arm straight out. Just pop the new arm back into the hole on the torso...(c;
    Man.. I really hope you are still talking about a minifigure...lol
  • CommodorelegolasCommodorelegolas Member Posts: 21
    They will most probably sent you one even though it's a licensed part. It has worked for me two times.
    I emailed LEGO support and they got back to me with a quote of $3.93 for the replacement part(s).
    BTW they note that licensed LEGO parts can only be replaced once.
    LEGO support rocks!
    I called to order the part and they said they'd send the part out free of charge.

Thanks to everyone for all the suggestions above.

BTW drilling out the arm did not go very well. The drill scraped the inside of the arm and damaged it.
  • JasenJasen Member Posts: 283
    The arms went in so they must come out right? Or is the body 2 parts fused together thus sealing the arms with no need of force?.... I'm just curious now as I've never looked into it before but also wondered....