Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Hello Hello Hello

Hello all

I'm new here and a new collector, but having been brought up with Lego (many years ago) and resisted the pull of this amazing thing for many year i have finally given in... so now my life is all about chillies, cactus and lego ( after family of course)

Don't have much lego at the moment but will get more, much more, much much more.. :D

I'm from the UK but live in France at the moment :)

Comments

• HuwHuw Brickset Towers, Hampshire, UKAdministrator Posts: 6,807
    Welcome :-)

I used to have a cactus collection myself, until I moved house and no longer had a conservatory. They don't grown outside too well in the UK :(
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    edited December 2013
    Huw said:

I used to have a cactus collection myself...

On the plus side, stepping on Lego is much less painful... relatively speaking.

:o)
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    Welcome! This group will offer loads of encouragement in adding to your Lego collection. Do you have a particular theme you'll start with?
  • dhlxdhlx Member Posts: 3
    not got any particular theme yet, but there is sooooooo much to choose from it's crazy....lol will buy a few little sets and see what i like i think :D

i love cacti, and this is also a new collection for me :D

Chillies are my "job" if you can call it that....lol
  • AFFOL_Shellz_BellzAFFOL_Shellz_Bellz Member Posts: 1,263
    ^Do you have any other succulents besides cacti? I used to raise epiphyllum http://web.missouri.edu/~riceg/epiphyllum/
    But stopped after a severe infestation of mealy bug. Turned out the reason all efforts to get rid of them failing was because they were even in the tubular legs of the shelving I used.
  • dhlxdhlx Member Posts: 3
    currently i have cacti only... starting some from seed very soon... not opened the can o'worms that is succulents yet!..lol

infestations are the worst, in the past i had spider mite and couldn't get rid that year, could only control... it's hard with 500+ chilli plants to keep any infestation under control...
  • MorkManMorkMan Phoenix, Arizona, USAMember Posts: 867
    @dhlx I'm in Arizona. Cactus central! I never knew people (@huw) liked cacti enough to have collections... Other than in their yard, like here. Crazy things you learn on here. Wish I could send you some!
  • legomattlegomatt Member Posts: 2,548
    edited February 2014
    MorkMan said:

Crazy things you learn on here. Wish I could send you some!

We're all crazy enough without lessons. ;o)
  • Lego91Lego91 GermanyMember Posts: 86
    Hello from Germany to France!
    I'm a collector as well & quite new to Brickset. (The forum, I used the website for quite a long time until I finally made an account on here).