Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

family Lego memories

slovakiastephslovakiasteph USAMember Posts: 62
edited August 2011 in Everything else LEGO
I talked my mom into letting me sort through all of our family's Lego. Problem is, I won't be able to get ahold of it until Thanksgiving, probably! I'll see them in August, but I doubt they'll want to tote several tubs of Lego to PA where we're meeting. ;) She said there's a 5-gallon tub, at least.

My family and I spent a lot of time playing with Lego growing up. My dad bought me my first set... I remember him teaching me about overlapping bricks for strength and building on the floor of our basement. When i was 9 or 10, one of my best friends and I (Andrew) would spend hours with Lego. After I had three brothers, the Lego was contained in their room-- we had a Lego desk-- and sorted into various Plano boxes (by type, not color). I loved sorting Lego-- still do.

So, I can't wait to see what we have! I plan to go through and put together any sets (my mom said there are instructions in a folder... good thing she keeps everything). We mostly had a lot of little sets, as that was all we could afford to buy. However, 15+ years of Lego buying can add up, so I'm excited.

As I've been browsing, I've been marking sets I know we had, (although I can't remember on some... probably too much time spent studying the Lego catalog!) just in case the instructions disappeared. This list is mostly for me to come back to, but feel free to browse it if you find you're just *that* interested:
- Pirates
1733 Shipwrecked Pirate
6246 Crocodile Cage
6278 Enchanted Island (although surprised as it was a large set for us! I hope my memory is correct)
6266 Cannon Cove
6237 Pirate's Plunder (I remember buying this for a brother for Christmas)
6258 Smuggler's Shanty
6267 Lagoon Lockup (Lego sure liked their alliteration!) :D
- Space-- I know we had some, but all the sets look the same to me... I'm not into space.
6814 Ice Tunnelator
6879 Blizzard Baron
- Castle
1480 King's Catapult
6042 Dungeon Hunters
6024 Bandit Ambush
6036 Skeleton Surprise (I remember this one clearly!)
- City
6334 Wave Jump Racers
6651 Checkered Flag 500
6517 Water Jet
6639 Raven Racer
6538 Rebel Roadster
6665 River Runners
6663 Wave Rebel
6416 Poolside Paradise (this was my sister's-- Paradisa)

So, yeah, mostly smaller sets from the early-to-mid 90s. We also had some Technic and Duplo, but my memory's vague on those because I didn't use them. We also had a few of those Lego soccer guys... maybe even a whole field/set.

The only Lego that was specifically mine was
6592 Vacation Hideaway
6350 Pizza to Go
6404 Carriage Ride (Paradisa)
6402 Sidewalk Cafe
6419 Rolling Acres Ranch (I saved for half a year to buy this... and I remember building and playing with it. I was so proud... probably around 11yo)

A note about set 6594... I remember when my friend Andrew got this set. He wrote a letter to tell me about it and drew a picture of the truck. :)

Comments

• rocaorocao Administrator Posts: 4,288
    I'm sorry, but I don't get the point of this post. It seems like you're keeping a personal journal for yourself in this public forum, which is not its intended usage. Therefore, I'm closing this thread.
This discussion has been closed.

Shopping at LEGO.com or Amazon?

Please use our links: LEGO.com Amazon

Recent discussions Categories Privacy Policy

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Brickset.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, the Amazon.com.ca, Inc. Associates Program and the Amazon EU Associates Programme, which are affiliate advertising programs designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.