Shopping at LEGO or Amazon?
Please use our links: LEGO.comAmazon
As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Random Question about Chrome Darth Vader and Stormtrooper Minifigures

nkx1nkx1 Member Posts: 719

I was bored and looking around for some chrome mini figures and came across these (I'm not really a Star Wars fan, so I didn't previously know these existed): #4547551 and #2853590

I was just wondering- were these widely available to everyone when in production in 2009 and 2010? Darth Vader is listed as promotional and available in 2009, and the storm trooper is listed as $2.99 and available in 2010.

The cheapest new chrome Darth Vader on ebay is currently $88... The storm troopers are a little more reasonable at $25 and up.

Comments

• rancorbaitrancorbait Manitoba CanadaMember Posts: 1,850
    Don't know about the Stormtrooper, but Darth Vader was randomly inserted into Star wars sets in 2009, I believe that was the only way he was available from Lego.
  • xowainxxowainx United KingdomMember Posts: 112
    As well as coming in a polybag, the Stormtrooper one was also available in a magnet set.
  • sidersddsidersdd USAMember Posts: 2,432
    The Stormtrooper in polybag was a ToysRUs giveaway in the U.S.
  • cody6268cody6268 Member Posts: 296
    If I recall the Stormtrooper was a giveway with any Star Wars purchase at Toys R Us.
  • 12651265 The Great State of TexasMember Posts: 1,005
    I received several as a giveway in TRU. However, I bought 75 of them via TRU online at $2.99 each.
  • KanohiKanohi Member Posts: 41
    Darth was also a promo at NY Toy Fair that year
  • Pacific493Pacific493 Member Posts: 379
    TRU had the Chrome Stormtroopers available for sale on its website, but they lasted less than a day. $2.99 a piece with no limit to how many you could purchase. I wish I had bought more.
  • nkx1nkx1 Member Posts: 719
    edited December 2013
    Thanks for all the replies! Wish I had been into Lego back then. They look cool, but I think I'll settle for more a ordinary Darth Vader rather than pay upwards of $100 for a single mini fig.
  • LegoFanTexasLegoFanTexas TexasMember Posts: 8,409
    ^ Man, I missed that one...

Did you have to place orders for 2 or 4 at a time, over and over, or could you just put qty 99 into the box and place them in a single order?